I propose just doing something like this. With 2 or 3 lists depending on how many participants there are.
template.png

Ok so i have a proposal for 4th edition:
Instead of people claiming to have a role in the game at the very beginning and then planning out their turns months in advance, I recommend having people claim for each turn after each map is complete.

i.e. if turn 2 has just been completed, then anyone who thinks that they can make a follow up map in the next week will claim, the winner will of the claim will then make their map and upon completion the process will repeat.

I think the key advantage of this is that it should significantly reduce the ammout of people/turns that had to be skipped.

the disadvantages are, 1; that each turn will take on average longer as you will need time to select the next map maker, 2; potential participants will have to pay more attention to the actual thread, and 3: the game will not run itself to the same degree as editions up until now and will probably require more management by the host.

In case the this system is adopted I also recommend that a player who has just completed the map should select the next player from among the claimants.

Ok so i have a proposal for 4th edition:
Instead of people claiming to have a role in the game at the very beginning and then planning out their turns months in advance, I recommend having people claim for each turn after each map is complete.

i.e. if turn 2 has just been completed, then anyone who thinks that they can make a follow up map in the next week will claim, the winner will of the claim will then make their map and upon completion the process will repeat.

I think the key advantage of this is that it should significantly reduce the ammout of people/turns that had to be skipped.

the disadvantages are, 1; that each turn will take on average longer as you will need time to select the next map maker, 2; potential participants will have to pay more attention to the actual thread, and 3: the game will not run itself to the same degree as editions up until now and will probably require more management by the host.

In case the this system is adopted I also recommend that a player who has just completed the map should select the next player from among the claimants.
I don’t like this system. I prefer the one we have currently

I dont really get what your trying to say. The reasons we have several list of people from one starting map is because otherwise it would take months.
I get what they say, the thing about the system you propose is that turns will almost always go to whoever claims first when a map is finished

I get what they say, the thing about the system you propose is that turns will almost always go to whoever claims first when a map is finished
Yeah I think that is quite likely. You could have a mixed system also where you have a spot reserved but if you are not active to take your turn it goes to claims, maybe you get preferred in selections for subsequent turns once you return. I don't know if that solves the problems but probably gets some of the way there.

Seems decent. I'd say that people who join after the start of the thing can get to be alternates and thus replace in if someone leaves the game or doesn't make a map. That way, the amount of maps produced would be the same as planned.