Welcome to the second edition of Alternatehistory.com’s Telephone Map Game!
Links to the First Edition and the Second Edition.

What’s a Telephone Map Game?
A Telephone Map Game is a turn-based Map Game, inspired by the children’s “Broken Telephone” games.
The game starts with Player Nº1 making an Alternate History map. It can be from anywhere in the world and any timeframe. Then, when the map is completed, Player 1 sends the map to Player 2, and to nobody else. Then Player 2 makes another map, which could be considered to be in the same universe as Map 1 (No need to be in the same date, the map could be set centuries before or later, or just a few months). When finished, Player 2 sends their map to Player 3. Now Player 3 does a map which could be in the same universe as Map 2, however, Player 3 doesn’t know what Map 1 looks like. The process repeats until a substantial amount of players have finished the turns, and then the whole process is revealed, looking at how the concept changed from the first to the last map.

My ideas for the third edition:
Honestly I don't have many ideas to change the current format of the game - We could try and make less branches (Pro's: easier to manage for me, will allow for more divergence between the start and the end of the list. Con's: Longer waiting times for the people towards the end of their list), but I'm completely open to more ideas.

Anyway, leave your claims below! Remember that upon creation of the lists, those will be randomized, so claiming first or last doesn't make a difference! This post will be updated when the lists are created.

Update: CLAIMS ARE NOW CLOSED

Participation order:

List 1
  1. ZeSteel COMPLETED
  2. GBehm SKIPPED
  3. KolyenuKS COMPLETED
  4. SpazzReflex COMPLETED
  5. IcyCaspian SKIPPED
List 1.1
  1. Gokbay COMPLETED
  2. TheKutKu COMPLETED
  3. Thanosaekk SKIPPED
  4. Bicentius SKIPPED
  5. APeninSpace SKIPPED
  6. Codae COMPLETED
List 1.2
  1. Kikkoman COMPLETED
  2. Ulyanovsk COMPLETED
  3. Reepicheep SKIPPED
  4. Fred Guo SKIPPED
  5. Hindustani Person SKIPPED
List 2
  1. Uebeltank COMPLETED
  2. Zalezsky COMPLETED
  3. Vylon Disigma COMPLETED
  4. OxSpace COMPLETED
List 2.1
  1. Selvetrica COMPLETED
  2. GustavusAdolphus1 COMPLETED
  3. Bennett COMPLETED
  4. Rotterdam SKIPPED
  5. X_Eaglefrost_X COMPLETED
List 2.2
  1. GamerGeek COMPLETED
  2. Emperor Lapland COMPLETED
  3. Wings COMPLETED
  4. Lottie SKIPPED
  5. Mikroraptor COMPLETED
untitled-diagram-2-png.505468

Everyone has a week to make their map! Have fun!

Last edited:
Is it possible to get the a late entry? I’ll be away from New Years to the 17th or so
Oh, yeah I will put you towards the end of the list, which will most likely be after that date.

Also guys please try to make entries this time. If you aren't sure you will be able to please think before you claim, and if something happens, tell us at the start of your turn and not towards the end.

Here's my idea: Have maybe 3-5 distinct branches, but players can, if they want to, be part of two branches.

Is it possible to get the a late entry? I’ll be away from New Years to the 17th or so
Claiming. I'd also like to get a similar mid/late entry--maybe my turn could be somewhere during/a week or two after the week of Christmas? My Uni entrance exams would kill me if otherwise.