Telephone Map Game: 10th Edition

Welcome to the tenth edition of Alternatehistory.com’s Telephone Map Game!
Past editions: TMG1, TMG2, TMG3, TMG4, TMG5, TMG6, TMG7, TMG8, TMG9

What’s a Telephone Map Game?
A Telephone Map Game is a turn-based Map Game, inspired by the children’s “Broken Telephone” games.
The game starts with Player 1 making an Alternate History map. It can be from anywhere in the world and any timeframe. Then, when the map is completed, Player 1 sends the map to Player 2, and to nobody else. Then Player 2 makes another map, which could be considered to be in the same universe as Map 1 (but not necessarily the same time or location). When finished, Player 2 sends their map to Player 3. Now Player 3 does a map which could be in the same universe as Map 2, however, Player 3 doesn’t know what Map 1 looks like. The process repeats until a substantial amount of players have finished the turns, and then the whole process is revealed, looking at how the concept changed from the first to the last map.

The Tenth Edition
This edition will follow one singular timeline (with branches optional if players wish to accelerate the pace of the game).

Turns
Each individual's turn will last a maximum of one week from the time they receive their map (with extensions given on a case-by-case basis). If a player's turn comes and they decide they cannot complete it at that time, they will be removed from the game. Players who are inactive during their allotted turns will be removed from the game. When you are finished with your map, reply to the message that Cour sent.

Claims Thread
To make your claim, use this thread: Telephone Map Game: 10th Edition - Claims Thread

Player Queue

Cour's Commandments
These aren't rules because, at the end of the day, everyone can do as they wish. However, I wanted to include this list of suggestions for players to keep in mind when they are making their maps. (Note: this list is not exhaustive and may be updated in the future).
cours-commandments-png.638634

Last edited:
Can we do it more linearly this time? Like the ones I ran at first? Because lately the amount of branches makes it so that by the end of the game, we only have like three layers to go through, which imo is the fun part of telephone games (in fact, they are usually just a single line, but I had to add some branches due to the amount of players)

If there are a small amount of players, we can do just one straight line. If more players show up, I might branch it a bit to save on time so we aren't waiting forever for the game to finish.

If there are a small amount of players, we can do just one straight line. If more players show up, I might branch it a bit to save on time so we aren't waiting forever for the game to finish.
That is fine but I feel like when half of the players drop out, you might as well have a bit of a wait with better results.

If there are any future thoughts or concerns about the game, please message me directly.
I don't think that is a good idea. I feel that if a question has been asked before, it doesn't need to be repeated a few times again. It would waste time for both sides of the question.

Also, I think the only thing that is important in this mapgame is that the people get their turns in a moment when they can make the map. I would prefer to have a turn in a moment i can make a map for it, regardless of me having to wait a couple of months for it. I do not think finishing the game soon is in any way relevant, the only relevant thing in that sense is that the people get their turn when they thought they woould have it.

Also, I think the only thing that is important in this mapgame is that the people get their turns in a moment when they can make the map. I would prefer to have a turn in a moment i can make a map for it, regardless of me having to wait a couple of months for it. I do not think finishing the game soon is in any way relevant, the only relevant thing in that sense is that the people get their turn when they thought they woould have it.
If you have tangible suggestions, I would be open to hearing them.

Two notes as the game kicks off:

1. This game will follow a single timeline as opposed to branching. If any players wish to include branches at a later point to accelerate the pace of the game, please put a note on this thread and we can discuss.
2. If you receive your map at a time that is inconvenient for you, you can ask to be bumped to the bottom of the queue and wait for a better time (as opposed to dropping your turn completely).

This said, I've completed the first map and will be passing it to @Kaiphranos