Talons Outstretched: A Tale of Two Americas

Intro
sregan_basemap_08.12.11_2001.png

I don't have much to say, the lore will be elaborated over time.

I think I like it! This seems to be a Red (=Communist or Syndicalist?) America and a non-red, democratic US. With Cascadia as a buffer state.

How democratic or authoritarian is East America?

EDIT: How does East America hold onto Canada? Was there an Arthur McGregor-type resistance at some point in history? Also, is East America the only Red nation or is there a whole red bloc (e.g. beyond the great pond in Europe - England, France, etc.)?

I think I like it! This seems to be a Red (=Communist or Syndicalist?) America and a non-red, democratic US. With Cascadia as a buffer state.
Yep!
How democratic or authoritarian is East America?
Now it is democratic and liberalizing and has always been more democratic than Soviets and Chinese but from mid seventies to 2000s they were a de facto one party state. They also had restrictive speech laws until the 2000s.
EDIT: How does East America hold onto Canada? Was there an Arthur McGregor-type resistance at some point in history? Also, is East America the only Red nation or is there a whole red bloc (e.g. beyond the great pond in Europe - England, France, etc.)?
There is some resistance but it is rooted out, there are a few more Red nation’s but they are small and rely on the SSA mostly for survival. One of these is Haiti.

What sort of speech did those laws ban? Was it some sort of strict hate speech law or something?
No, it banned seditious language outside of election season and there it was heavily restricted(for example Rad Socs could criticize Syndies but arguing for any form of liberalization of the economy was banned)

Blank map of the Pacific States (Thanks Viseslav!)
I've just found this thread and I figured I'd leave you a gift:

7drHkul.jpg

A larger base map for the PSA. If I have time and you want it, I might try my hand at a county map as well.

I know it's not a collaborative TL, so don't take it as that, I've just seen what you already showed as cannon and am giving you a blank map.

A question: How does the PSA maintain control over Puerto Rico and Long Island?

Thank you so Much! If you wish to do a county map that'd be amazing too!

They use their superior navy in tandem with support from allied navies like that of the British Republic.

British Republic you say? Interesting. When, why, and how did that happen?

[edit: also, no problem, I just enjoy making maps and I was bored. Honestly, it's not even that good.]

British Republic you say? Interesting. When, why, and how did that happen?

[edit: also, no problem, I just enjoy making maps and I was bored. Honestly, it's not even that good.]
It was good and some info on the british republic now coming up (The reason why it happened you will have to wait for)