Superman: The Red Son - a movie trilogy?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this; it's my first time making a thread.

I just finished re-reading Superman: The Red Son by Mark Millar and I think it would make a fantastic movie trilogy, in the vein of the Dark Knight Trilogy even. The three parts would be as per the comic book - first part revolving around Superman rising through Stalin's ranks and the beginnings of his rivalry with Lex Luthor, and the creating of Superman 2; second part revolving around Batman's vigilantism and the Superman-Wonder Woman team up; third with the climax involving Brainiac. Tentative titles I've thought of are "Superman: The Red Son", "The Red Son Rising" and "The Red Son Ascendant". Question is, when would be the best time for it to work and who would be the people behind it?

Besides producer, director, screenwriter etc, here's the primary characters we need to cast/voice cast:

• Superman (all three parts)
  • Wonder Woman (all three parts)
  • Lex Luthor (all three parts)
  • Lois Lane Luthor (all three parts)
  • James Olsen (all three parts)
  • Lana Lazarenko [TTL Lana Lang] (all three parts)
  • Pyotr Roslov [TTL Pete Ross] (parts 1 & 2)
  • Batman [Russian ITTL] (part 2)
  • Brainiac (parts 2 & 3)
  • Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart (cameos in part 3)
  • Joseph Stalin (part 1)
  • John F Kennedy (part 2)
  • Lex Luthor's super-menaces - Doomsday, Parasite, Atomic Skull, etc (parts 2 & 3)
Ideas?

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
The best you can hope for is an Animated Film, because the concept of Red Son is something an executive won't touch with a bargepole. Better to keep with Millers idea of an All-Star style trilogy than an unmarketable film.

Yeah, the concept is so specific, I don't think it's particularly marketable as a live action film. It would do great as an animated. Hell, it's already a motion comic.

So good the idea is of What If, Baby superman lands in Stalin Soviet union
Warner Bros. will not touch that hot iron to make a Live Action Movie out if it.
Too controversial for a Communist Superman in US movie theaters

But as Direct to DVD Animation Movie has The Red Son Trilogy a chance.
By the way Warner Bros. Animation has made several What IF Superheros Movies like:
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League: Gods and Monsters

Sounds like more of a one off, and not a live action movie. Producers wouldn't want to risk the money on a comic that doesn't fit with canon and risk loosing possible viewers.

Sounds interesting, but not a blockbuster.

Its a single movie where the premise is that the canon Superman gets knocked into an alternative universe, but the rest of the Justice League eventually brings him back.