I see Kat as the face of the "New German Woman" and it will inspire thousands of young German women to enlist in the women's armed forces auxiliaries.

As the photos of the crime scene and autopsies are circulated, the reactions are going to be: British Intelligence to Fleming:"I thought you said that she was an amateur" Fleming:"A deadly amateur".

Jack: "Monster"

Various intelligence agencies: "Find out everything on this Kat".

Burgess: " I knew that if I didn't talk I would have been castrated".

As the photos of the crime scene and autopsies are circulated, the reactions are going to be: British Intelligence to Fleming:"I thought you said that she was an amateur" Fleming:"A deadly amateur".
Despite what CIA propaganda may want you to believe, not all intelligence officers can kill a person with a paperclip. Wetworks are not usually undertaken by the operatives responsible for intelligence gathering and vice-versa, if possible. The British wouldn't presume her an amateur because by this time it's quite clear where her specialties lie, and she seems quite competent in them.

On a different subject, what I presume nearly all Intelligence Agencies to do is to take a new look at German teens visiting their country. In their mind, Kat could be either an exceptionally naturally talented Abwher operative, or if Abwher started a new training program for teens and Kat is their star pupil.

Despite what CIA propaganda may want you to believe, not all intelligence officers can kill a person with a paperclip. Wetworks are not usually undertaken by the operatives responsible for intelligence gathering and vice-versa, if possible. The British wouldn't presume her an amateur because by this time it's quite clear where her specialties lie, and she seems quite competent in them.
So dear Kat just got "bumped" from "The german' empress personal gofer and backchannel" to "Death Watch Killteam". Hilarious. Especially since she wants to be neither and just left alone.

Yeah, I don't really think Kat's antisocial in the sociopath/psychopath sense at all. Protective, caring tigress, yes. A cruel streak, perhaps. But psycho, no.

I think that Kat will formally named as Lady in Waiting to the Empress with a diplomatic passport issued, but really a liaison between the Empress and Abwehr and the Foreign Office.

If Germany starts having women armed forces auxiliaries(Free a Man to Fight), I think that Kat will receive a officer's commission in any or all branches that she chooses.

I see Kat as the face of the "New German Woman" and it will inspire thousands of young German women to enlist in the women's armed forces auxiliaries.

First as typists and file clerks and telephone receptionists, then as staff car drivers which segues into de facto members of higher-ranking officers' armed security details.

Telephone receptionists leads to telephone switchboard operators leads to telephone equipment maintenance.

Radio operators leads to sigint and codebreaking.

Staff car drivers leads to light truck drivers leads to supply truck drivers and tank transporters and tank retrievers and finally tanks.

Drivers leds to maintenance techs.

Luftwaffe clerks leads to some maintenance tasks because their hands can get into tight places where larger men's hands can't leads to doing cockpit chores leads to taxiing and ultimately flying.

Qustion, who "owns" anti-aircraft guns? Women might not be able to load the larger guns but they could point them in the right direction.

"Maybe I can't becauase I'm not stong enough but my sister-in-arms Brunhilde probably can. Each one of us doing stuff back here means one more man up there shooting bad guys. We love our country just as much as he does so let us do what we are able. And there are no jobs unsuitable for women, just some jobs that some women can't do."

Edit: I can see women doing shore jobs for the Navy; I really can't see women afloat for a long time, if ever.

Last edited:
Women, due to smaller average body mass, are sometimes able to handle fighters better than men. Nightfighter women pilots could allow the men day fighter pilots to have more rest. Fighting in defense (if things became desperate enough to require it) avoids the problem of female pilots captured behind (nasty) enemy lines.

Edit: I can see women doing shore jobs for the Navy; I really can't see women afloat for a long time, if ever.

I could see them doing air/sea rescue. I could see them doing mine sweeping. There are plenty of jobs which do not require long periods on board and are not physically challenging.

On a different subject, what I presume nearly all Intelligence Agencies to do is to take a new look at German teens visiting their country. In their mind, Kat could be either an exceptionally naturally talented Abwher operative, or if Abwher started a new training program for teens and Kat is their star pupil.

Or, even more horrifying, she's an average or poor pupil...

Jack: "Monster"

Various intelligence agencies: "Find out everything on this Kat".

Burgess: " I knew that if I didn't talk I would have been castrated".
In the case of Jack, he's too respectful to say that.....

he's more of saying "... So THAT is her when she is actually aiming to kill.... (gulps hard drink)... that's it, no more messing with Women unless they are declared pacifists or Actresses"

On a more funnier or ironic detail, it's HIGHLY likely that Jack will be recalled and restored if not with a rank raise in ONI, because his higher ups likely want a FULL profile of Kat.. they do not see Jack anymore as a disgrace who got his ass kicked by a young girl, but someone who had the DAMN luck with walking away alive and with all his limbs intact from a literal killing machine with legs at the service of the German Imperial Family.

Its Also highly likely that the OSS and other agencies will try to fully profile Kat, because if the Abwehr managed to create an Operative of THAT level, maybe they are in something and they should explore their own people for potential of such kind

In the case of Jack, he's too respectful to say that.....

he's more of saying "... So THAT is her when she is actually aiming to kill.... (gulps hard drink)... that's it, no more messing with Women unless they are declared pacifists or Actresses"

On a more funnier or ironic detail, it's HIGHLY likely that Jack will be recalled and restored if not with a rank raise in ONI, because his higher ups likely want a FULL profile of Kat.. they do not see Jack anymore as a disgrace who got his ass kicked by a young girl, but someone who had the DAMN luck with walking away alive and with all his limbs intact from a literal killing machine with legs at the service of the German Imperial Family.

Its Also highly likely that the OSS and other agencies will try to fully profile Kat, because if the Abwehr managed to create an Operative of THAT level, maybe they are in something and they should explore their own people for potential of such kind
And to think, Kat never finished her training.

Also, Schultz's recruiting instincts will carry a LOT of weight in the future.

Given the veritable Night of the Short Knives Kat's alluded to have pulled on KGB operatives who tried to approach her in Berlin, I also agree JFK is back in the Intelligence good graces.

Part 21, Chapter 231
Chapter Two Hundred Thirty-One

19th July 1941

Tempelhof Airfield, Berlin

With everyone holding their breath over what was going to happen next Helene found herself fighting her own battle before the any shooting started in the East. A dozen new Focke-Wulf 187 all-weather interceptors arrived at the airfield and there was the promise that they were the leading edge of a fighter wing that was to protect the capital. The problem was that they were throwing the University Flying Club out of the hangers and buildings they occupied. The Club itself had come under a heavy recruitment effort with a few exceptions, that included one of the instructors who stank of gin even at the best of times and the women who were being strongly encouraged to leave. For Helene that was something that wasn’t going to happen.

Helene’s voice was hoarse from yelling at the Major who’d demanded that she leave and she was sitting on a chair in the middle of the hanger floor. If they wanted her gone, they’d need to physically drag her away.

“I just got off the phone with your father, Fraulein” The Major said, “He said that he’s tired of your crusades and would like you to stop making a scene.”

“And did he tell you what to say when I tell you both to piss off?” Helene asked tartly.

“He just said good luck to me and hung up” The major said, “The thing is that I’m perfectly prepared to wait you out.”

“It’s going to be a long wait” Helene said.

“Whatever” The Major said and he went back to what he was doing pointedly ignoring Helene.

As Helene was sitting there, some of her fellow pilots from the flying club offered quiet words of encouragement as they passed through. Others, the ones who’d never wanted her around in first place just glared at her as they passed through. After the sun set, pretty much everyone went home. Helene sat there in the gathering gloom wondering if she really was being silly for doing this.

“Helene?” a furtive voice asked. Helene watched as Kat stepped into the hanger and padded across the concrete floor on bare feet. Helene knew that Kat had landed in the hospital again, this time she’d been under such heavy guard that Helene and Gerta had been unable to get in to see her. The story that was in the newspapers was absolutely unbelievable. Helene was reserving judgement until she heard what had happened from directly from Kat herself. One thing that was clear, Kat had done something completely insane, again.

“What are you wearing?” Helene asked.

“These were the only clothes I could get” Kat said. She was wearing a light grey military tunic with a Fallschirmjäger patch on the collar and black trousers. Helene noticed with a bit of envy that aside from the trousers having to be belted to fit her waist Kat was tall enough to wear those clothes without the sleeves and pant legs rolled up like what would have needed to happen if Helene wore them.

“I finally talked one of the Paras into getting me some clothes so I could sneak out of the hospital” Kat said, “These were the best he could do.”

“Funny, you snuck out on the same day I’m trying not to be thrown out” Helene said.

“That’s what’s going on here?” Kat asked.

“Yeah” Helene said, “The Luftwaffe took over this facility and that means I get the boot.”

“That’s bullshit” Kat said.

Just then the Major stuck his head out of the office he’d just taken over. “What, there are two of you now?” He said, “That’s it, if any more of your friends show up I’m calling the police.”

The office door slammed.

“Think we should call Gerta?” Kat asked, “Drama and comedy like this are the sort of things she gets off on.”

“No” Helene said “This is a fight I’m not going to win tonight and I’m just here to prove a point. A better question is what are you doing here?”

“I need your help” Kat said, “I need to get out of the country and I don’t have any money or a passport.”

“And you think I can help?”

“You have connections” Kat said, “You could make a phone call and get me on a military transport.”

“At the moment, I figure the only transport my father is interested in involves a one-way ticket for me into a convent” Helene said.

“Are you even Catholic?” Kat asked.

“That’s beside the point” Helene answered, “Now why are you wanting get out of the country?”

“You won’t believe what they want to do to me…” Kat said. She lit into the entire story of what had happened the day before when Kat had been visited by the Empress.

When Kat finished the story, Helene couldn’t stop laughing.

“This isn’t funny” Kat said.

“Yes, it is” Helene said “Freiherrin Katherine Katja von Mischner, or would it be von Berlin, I’m not sure.”

Kat’s face turned several different shades of red.

“And do you want to know what the best part is?” Helene said “You’re going to socially outrank my father. That’s especially ironic considering how many times he’s gone off on how you are unacceptable company for me to keep.”

Helene saw the look on Kat’s face as she said that, from red to deathly pale. If the newspaper accounts were to be believed then Kat had tackled Russian gunmen armed with just a small knife and her own wits. Yet this left her petrified.

“Don’t worry about this” Helene said, “We’re going to find a pair of shoes for you then we’re going out to celebrate but first we have one more thing to do here.”

Helene got up and went over to a large drum with the words WASTE OIL stenciled on the side of it.

“I’m not dressed to go out tonight” Kat said.

“No one will care” Helene said, “You’re the toast of Berlin right at the moment, now get the other side.”

They wrestled the heavy drum over to the office door, making it impossible to open from the inside.

“Perhaps we should get Gerta” Kat said.

“I know she’d love to see you” Helene said as she walked towards the hanger doors with Kat.

Once they were gone, the Major tried to open the office door and found the door wouldn’t open. It took several hours and dozens of phone calls for someone to finally come and let him out.

...... Nothing like partying after trolling a jackass.

It's highly likely that the aims of the Heer its to advance up a set city, then reinforce and deployment lines of logistics... as they have to deal with the ghost of winter, it's probable that their strategy its to advance until 2 months before winter, consolidate lines of logistics and defenses, and then switch to defensive War during the winter While the Luftwaffe proceeds to bomb the unholy shit of Factories, mines and key logistics nexus in the Soviet area.

However a critical target now, besides Bielorrusia, it would be the bombardment of the Baku Refinery, the key lifeline of Petroleum and derived fuels for the Red Army.

You do that and the Clock will start ticking down upon the capacity of the Red Army to maneuver or mass attack with anything that isn't mob charges.