So, these guys attack a decorated member of the Heer, a woman who has fucking founded the SKA, has more medals then some divisions.....

And nobody even checks for a fucking BODY?

I was already slating them for Darwin awards, but this takes the cake.

Ah well. Time for the SKA to "go on leave" in Berlin.

So, these guys attack a decorated member of the Heer, a woman who has fucking founded the SKA, has more medals then some divisions.....

And nobody even checks for a fucking BODY?

I was already slating them for Darwin awards, but this takes the cake.

Ah well. Time for the SKA to "go on leave" in Berlin.

I suspect that nobody wanted to get that close, in the event that she wasn't quite dead. Getting that close to a wounded, cornered walking weapon could result in an unplanned nutectomy, causing a particularly embarrassing, and significant emotional event for the thug.

I suspect that nobody wanted to get that close, in the event that she wasn't quite dead. Getting that close to a wounded, cornered walking weapon could result in an unplanned nutectomy, causing a particularly embarrassing, and significant emotional event for the thug.

It's called an orchiectomy. I can't find any relevant cites but I'm under the impression that bleeding out is a significant risk.

Well it took the guts of a week, and seriously messed up my sleeping pattern, but I've gone through it all.

On that note, this is a bloody fantastic read and I will be watching for more.

Md139115

Banned
Well it took the guts of a week, and seriously messed up my sleeping pattern, but I've gone through it all.

So that’s what you’ve been doing rather than working on But I Don’t Speak German?! :mad:

FBKampfer

Banned
"Thus it is in war that the victorious strategiest only seeks battle after the victory has been won."

"know your enemy, and know yourself. In 100 battles you will never be in peril"

"to win without fighting is the acme of skill"

And most relevant for the most recent chapter.

"An army may be likened to water, for just as flowing water avoids the heights and hastens to the lowlands, so an army avoids strength and strikes weakness.

And boy oh boy did Kotzlow fuck up on that last one.

Ameture hour. A talented ameture, but an ameture none the less.

I'm curious to see if the impending implosion of the opposition faction catches Lansky or if The Accountant makes it out cleanm

I wonder what small fraction of the Heer wouldn't volunteer if Kat asked for help? That being said, it's not about her anymore as about a bunch of assholes who think they can possibly get away with an ambush like this. Its not going to end well for the perps.

Note that there are two ways of being secure - distance and secrecy or lots of guns and clear fields of fire.

I very much doubt it will be a small fraction but a rather large one, positively whole numbers I’d suggest (and rather agro to boot)..

distance and secrecy or lots of guns and clear fields of fire.
However in this particular case option B won't be attainable. There is no one in this world that has more guns than the Wehrmacht. If needed they will utilize the JG that has just come back from SA to level any so called secure position.

As for option A or the hiding in the deepest hole you can find. With the BII, most likely MI5, several underworld factions (including a very protective father), Heer intel (with a very protective older brother), and the Empress's personal eyes looking for you it's going to have to be a very deep hole indeed. Something like one of those deep ocean trenches will probably still be too shallow.

The first ones to respond to this attack is going to be other criminal organizations because the first rule of organized crime is "Don't bring attention to yourself and others", by attacking a very prominent person in such a public way this is going to bring heat on the other "Families" by every law enforcement agencies there is, and since it was Kat that was the target there is going to be very many other non law enforcement groups who are going to do their own "investigations" .

For the lower underlings, they are going to be racing for safety, because if the other families don't get them, then the SKA, Fallschimjager, the 140th, Second Life Hussars, Sea Lions, and Jost will.

As for option A or the hiding in the deepest hole you can find. With the BII, most likely MI5, several underworld factions (including a very protective father), Heer intel (with a very protective older brother), and the Empress's personal eyes looking for you it's going to have to be a very deep hole indeed. Something like one of those deep ocean trenches will probably still be too shallow.
Plus well, unless they got rolling like now?

Berlin's getting locked down. Meaning any attempt to leave might draw attention.

So that’s what you’ve been doing rather than working on But I Don’t Speak German?! :mad:
To be perfectly fair, this is one of the stories a member should nearly be compelled to read, it's that good.

I'm honestly hoping for some more Climbing the Ladder first, @Rinasoir left us on a monster of a cliffhanger for that one.

I very much doubt it will be a small fraction but a rather large one, positively whole numbers I’d suggest (and rather agro to boot)..

I think you misread it - I meant that there would be a small fraction not volunteering and an overwhelming fraction wanting to get involved.

However in this particular case option B won't be attainable. There is no one in this world that has more guns than the Wehrmacht. If needed they will utilize the JG that has just come back from SA to level any so called secure position.

The secure position is for the possible target - either a place where the Bad Guys can't find you or someplace where you can kill them before they get close. Doesn't the HQ at Zossen have guards, fences, and a minefield?

Part 57, Chapter 786
Chapter Seven Hundred Eighty-Six

31st December 1949

Berlin

It was a last night of this decade, the 1940s had dwindled down to only a few minutes. Good riddance, Kat thought to herself. This year couldn’t end fast enough to suit her. She’d spent the last week in the Hohenzollern Palace at Kira’s insistence in a suite of rooms that overlooked the Spree river. The fact that she was so beat up that she had nothing else to do but think about things.

Exactly ten years earlier she had been at Maria and Emil’s wedding and she’d never even flown on an airplane at that point. The Second World War wasn’t even thought of as a possibility yet at that point, though Kat now knew that Augustus Lang was already preparing for it. Douglas was a University Student in Montreal. In British Columbia, Henry Thomas and his wife Tatiana Nikolaevna were trying to figure out what to do about Tatiana’s sister Olga because they didn’t want their daughter reaching maturity in such isolated conditions. Unknown to them, they were rapidly running out of time. Ilse had just been transferred from the orphanage where she had spent her childhood to the State School for Girls while her mother was slipping away to addiction just a few blocks away. Hans had just returned from being in the field during the Spring and Summer Crisis in 1939 when the Second World War had nearly started during the Finland War and the chaotic days following the Reichstag bombing.

It had been Kat’s hope that the 1950s would be a time where she could just live her life in peace. It wasn’t looking like she was going to get what she wanted. Douglas had come with her from the hospital to the palace with Aunt Marcella as backup. Marcella was understandably upset when Doug had mentioned that Kat was prepared give up on their relationship over recent events.

“Katherine Katja Mischner, you took a solemn vow and I raised you better than this. To bail out at the first sign of adversity” Marcella said, Marcella saying Kat’s full name still had the power to freeze her in her tracks. “You agreed to spend your life with Doug and did you think it would all be roses?” Days later those words still stung. Marcella and Uncle Klaus had been together for more than thirty years and she had laid bare exactly how trite Kat was being.

As for the aftermath of the ambush, Kat had been visited personally by the President of the Berlin/Brandenburg Division of the Federal Police while she was recuperating. They were spinning her actions as heroic, not that she had run and hid, but once she had gotten herself free of the ambush she had the discretion and presence of mind not engage with heavily armed attackers. Minimizing the risk to herself and any of the thousands of civilians within the range of an automatic rifle. That was a complete load of crap, that was what Kat had said to the President. He had just smiled and said that she needed to learn to take her due. Then once the photo opportunity was through he left. There had been no word on what was happening next, but Kat feared that she was going to on the receiving end of another round of undeserved recognition. Why couldn’t people leave her alone?

Midnight rolled around, and Kat could hear people shouting and the pop of fireworks going off. Kat looked out the window at the flashes of light over the river.

“You ever just want to drive to Hamburg, then get on a ship and just keep on going?” She asked Doug.

Doug smiled, “I already did that” He said, “That’s how I ended up here.”

“That answer is both a beautiful and terrible” Kat replied.

“I’m extremely familiar with the concept” Doug said, and he kissed her on the forehead, “I’m going to bed, please try to get some sleep tonight.”

She sat there for a while looking out the window. She could hear Doug’s snoring in the next room. Eventually, she would join him, but every time she tried to sleep the instant she closed her eyes she saw the green tracers flying past the windshield of her car.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fireworks were going off over the city as Justyn watched the display. It was a bitterly cold night now that midnight had come and gone. Meyer Lansky had warned him that if he tried to make a grab for power he needed to see it through. Most of all if he was going to go after the more dangerous people who surrounded Otto Mischner then he had to roll all sixes and he couldn’t afford to miss. His men had come back a week earlier saying that they had shot up the car belonging to the Tigress of Pankow, leaving it a flaming wreck with her in it. The problem was that between the flames, smoke, rounds cooking off and the police response coming they’d failed to actually see a body.

He’d learned a few hours later that the Tigress was banged up but still very much alive. As of this time, no one on that side knew who he was. That was a good thing because while the Tigress couldn’t rouse a scorched earth direct assault against him she did potentially represent the one force in Germany he could never hope to defeat. The Institutional power of the Empire itself. Now that his men had tried and failed to end her he was reminded that few things were as scary as wounded tiger in the bush.

When he’d been in prison Justyn had a cellmate who’d spent a few years in America. The cellmate had told him about American Football and something called an audible. When the Quarterback saw the formation that the opposing defense was taking he needed to change the plan on the fly. He needed to change the plan to factor in the survival of the Tigress. There were a few ways that he saw that he could work this to his advantage.

I wonder what small fraction of the Heer wouldn't volunteer if Kat asked for help? That being said, it's not about her anymore as about a bunch of assholes who think they can possibly get away with an ambush like this. Its not going to end well for the perps.

Note that there are two ways of being secure - distance and secrecy or lots of guns and clear fields of fire.
Not to mention that TTL Germany has a VERY good track record with intel, and these folks just said that they can assassinate anyone that they feel like, right in the capitol.

Last edited: