Kira... Captain, bring me Kat Mischener.
Captain... Sergeant, send two men to bring Kat Mischener to the Empress
Sergeant... Who's expendable/top of my shit list?

Kat would never resist a command from the Empress.

"What's this about?"

The Feldwebel replied, "Empress Kira has commanded your immediate attendance."

Kat looked down at her attire. "But..."

"She said immediate, Gräfin. How you're dressed doesn't matter."

Part 46, Chapter 608
Chapter Six Hundred Eight

26th August 1947

Posen

Hans had told Helene that he would see about fixing the current mess that she had found herself in. The thing was that it wasn’t like rebuilding your car's carburetor, that might have been a fiddly complex task but there would be clear instructions. He debated calling Doctor Holz but the thought of calling a General over a personal problem struck Hans as a suicidal act, even if that General was a friend of family. Instead he called the only other person who might know how to navigate such treacherous waters. He called Uncle Klaus who wanted to talk first about the portion of the game that Hans had missed watching with Manfred.

“You turned off Hertha because Helene was upset?” Klaus had asked.

“Yeah, they were up by one at the half” Hans answered.

“The two of you are going to be together at your fiftieth if you're willing to do something like that.”

“It seemed like the right thing to do.”

“Probably just as well you turned that off, they scored the equalizer against themselves, then it got really bad” Klaus said, “It’s just as well your boy didn’t see that.”

“He’s only a few months old.”

“Yeah, I know” Klaus replied, “It would have left him scarred for life.”

“If we can put that behind us” Hans said, “What should I do about the first problem?”

“I don’t know how the Army handles things Hans but when I was in the Navy I learned that there are things that are way over my head” Klaus said, “This is one of those things.”

With that Klaus was gone and Hans was left hanging until Aunt Marcella picked up the phone.

“I figured I’d hear from you about that shit show at Kat’s house this morning” Marcella said before Hans could say anything else. It turned out that Kat had already asked for Marcella’s help in this matter.

Two days later, Hans was driving north on his own time to find a needle in a very large haystack using back channels because official ones were out for obvious reasons. Marcella hadn’t been interested in excuses. He was somehow supposed to find Kurt Knispel in the 5th Army. He knew that Kurt wore the black uniform of a Hussar which meant that he was Panzer Commander and that he was in the 5th Army but that was the extent of what he knew. Marcella had acted like Hans should know Kurt professionally or at least knew someone who knew someone. Hans did know someone, but that was a person he didn’t really want to deal with. Instead of going to the large garrison just outside of town, Hans parked in front of a large house that had clearly seen better days.

After knocking on the door and being forced to wait for an extended amount of time, because Hans knew that the man he’d come to talk to was home, a girl of seven or eight answered.

“I’m looking for your father” Hans said.

“Papa says that his time costs money” The girl said, “Either pay up or prove that you’re worth his time.” Clearly the fruit hadn’t fallen far from the tree.

“I once did your father a very big favor” Hans said, “He was going to be locked in a cold, dark place with a lot of very bad men for an extremely long time before I made that go away. I’m here to collect on that.”

“Klara!” A voice yelled from the house, “Stop shaking down our guest and let him in.”

As if Karl Wojtyla would not know what his kid was up to. The Polish APC Commander had done well for himself during the war. Emerging as an Oberst and Division Quartermaster. Foxes guarding henhouses everywhere must be so proud that one of their own had done so well. These days he paid others to do the actual customer interactions and was known for not being too greedy, but there wasn’t a shady deal in Posen or East Prussia that he didn’t have a finger in.

Hans walked into a parlor that was a scene of total anarchy. Several children, Klara was probably the oldest visible, were playing and arguing with each other. When Jost Schultz had described his childhood, Hans had always taken it with a grain of salt because some of the things he said had happened seemed far fetched. Now Hans was looking at those stories in real life. At the center, like a spider in its web was Karl himself.

“Go help your mother with dinner” Karl said to Klara who made a face but obeyed. Her younger siblings followed her in what must have been long habit.

“We have trouble keeping help on staff” Karl observed, “It’s a good thing that Ginka likes to cook.”

If Klara was representative of the Wojtyla children, then that was hardly a surprise. Hans figured that any domestics would find themselves subjected to several scams, lies and even outright theft on an hourly basis.

“You need some new blackmail material Mischner” Karl said.

“That’s probably right” Hans said, “But with me in Zossen, if I should hang a right instead of a left on my way to work tomorrow I would be within arms reach of several Generals in the High Command who would be very interested in where you got the money to start your real estate empire.”

“That’s not funny” Karl said, “Just tell me what you want?”

“I’m looking for a Bohemian PK named Kurt Knispel, a Major.”

“I know him” Karl said, “He’s the S7 with the 2nd Regiment of the 104th Panzer. I’m surprised someone like you might have a beef with someone like that, different worlds. You know.”

Hans knew that Karl was angling for information. Which was the real coin of the realm.

“What’s going on is between me and him, got that” Hans said. The last thing on Earth this situation needed was Karl’s further involvement.

Last edited:

Md139115

Banned
So, to summarize where the story is so far, an Imperial German female commando who works for the Kaiserin is having a tiff with her sexually liberated friend who wants to raise the baby in her womb by herself without interference from the interested father, who happens to be one of the greatest panzer commanders of all time, both OTL and TTL. To rectify this situation, the female commandos only-slightly-less-crazy brother is on a quest to find said legendary commander and soon-to-be father with the help of a slimy con man who OTL would have been well on his way along the career that would make him Pope of the Catholic Church. Presumably after finding the legend, there will then ensue dramatic arguments that will probably involve imperial fiats, Hedy Lamarr, castrations with a very sharp knife, extensive psychological counseling, and probably two or three new wonder-weapons.

I love AH.com!x'D

So, to summarize where the story is so far, an Imperial German female commando who works for the Kaiserin is having a tiff with her sexually liberated friend who wants to raise the baby in her womb by herself without interference from the interested father, who happens to be one of the greatest panzer commanders of all time, both OTL and TTL. To rectify this situation, the female commandos only-slightly-less-crazy brother is on a quest to find said legendary commander and soon-to-be father with the help of a slimy con man who OTL would have been well on his way along the career that would make him Pope of the Catholic Church. Presumably after finding the legend, there will then ensue dramatic arguments that will probably involve imperial fiats, Hedy Lamarr, castrations with a very sharp knife, extensive psychological counseling, and probably two or three new wonder-weapons.

I love AH.com!x'D

They'll probably just end up getting drunk together and offering each other sympathy for their taste in interesting women.

They'll probably just end up getting drunk together and offering each other sympathy for their taste in interesting women.
That or from the observations done by Kat about her friend, Hans actually has the bloody clue of HOW to convince Gerta to marry Kurt, considering his life experiences about dealing with Kat and her friends

I love AH.com!x'D

If you put it way... It's not like I went through with my plan to make Anjeze Bojaxhiu the ruthless head of the Albanian Mafia.

Part 46, Chapter 609
Chapter Three Hundred Nine

26th August 1947

Berlin

Peter Holz had called Douglas Blackwood back to talk to him, about Kat but also to talk to him as well regarding something that Kat had mentioned. There were times when Doug wished that he didn’t have to deal with Kat’s very real fears. He also knew the actual reason why Kat had reacted towards Gerta the way she had, but it was the sort thing that was not a topic for general discussion. The previous month there had been an accident when a thin piece of latex had broken, and Kat had flown into a blind panic even though she was on the pill. After an anxious week and a half Kat had discovered that she didn’t need to be scared anymore but had fallen into depression anyway. Then Gerta had made her little announcement.

“Imagine living your entire life with a loaded gun to your head” Peter said, “Either rightly or wrongly that is how she views this topic.”

“That’s no way to live” Doug replied.

“I agree with you” Peter said, “But you need to be prepared for the day when it won’t be a false alarm.”

Peter heard Doug breathing over the phone for a long moment.

“I knew what I signed up for when I married her” Doug replied.

“I understand that Douglas and I know that your wife can be an extremely difficult person at times” Peter said, “But her friend’s cavalier attitude in the face of one of her own worst nightmares brings out the worst in her.”

After what had happened on Sunday, Doug doubted that Gerta was still quite so nonchalant about where things stood. According to Kat, her and Helene were the closest thing that she had to family.

“You need to be talking to Katherine about this” Peter said, “If she thinks she has a plan with you that might keep her grounded enough to avoid worse consequences.”

“That’s not going to go over well”

“I know” Peter said, “That is why I think you need to come in with Kat on Monday.”

Posen

Hans had found Kurt in the turret of a Lynx Panzer training a new crew with him in the Commander’s seat. A Lynx was a fearsome thing as it pressed home an attack by itself, this drill had five of them. Hans recognized the tactics, advancing at walking pace, the coaxial machine gun as well as the two manned by the Commander and the Loader threw a lot of lead. Yellow-green tracers ripped out through paper targets. This was a live fire exercise minus the infantry support that would be advancing behind the Panzers.

Hans knew the reason why these drills were being conducted first without that support. Inexperienced Panzer crews were problematic and there was a reason why the crews of armored vehicles jokingly called infantrymen “crunchies.” In real life crews needed to expect the unexpected, to simulate that a plywood cut out of a Russian Heavy popped up a couple hundred meters ahead of them. After what could only be described as too long a period the main guns fired at the cutout, all missed. Hans could see Kurt yelling into a microphone, if anyone he was training had performance like that then Hans would be ripping them a new asshole. Which was what Kurt was doing.

“Here to observe, Major?” A Generalmajor asked. Hans realized that it was the XO for the Panzer Brigade. A strange Officer from Wunsdorf-Zossen was the sort of thing that drew notice. Hans might just be 2nd Army which was garrisoned in the same place but for all they knew he was someone with the direct ear of the High Command. That sort of echoed Kurt’s threat to Karl earlier.

“No, Sir” Hans replied, “Here on an unrelated matter but I am enjoying the show.”

The General glared at Hans, unsure if that was an insult or not. The General would be perfectly aware that to what was happening in the practice field was a clumsy effort by amateurs and that a Dragoon Officer like Hans would know it.

“Very well, Major…” The General asked clearly probing Hans name so that in the coming hours he might try to figure out what he was doing here. Hans would only need to mention to his CO that he was here on a personal matter regarding the daughter of von Wolvogle, sacred territory as far as the whole of the 2nd Army was concerned, then such questioning would be shut down quickly.

“Major von Mischner, Sir” Hans said as he started walking across the churned-up ground towards where the Panzers had parked. He was happy that he’d not bothered having his boots polished this week.

Kurt was still going over with the crews what they had done right and wrong. The time for yelling and expletives had passed. Kurt himself was wearing the black coveralls of the Panzer Corps only the epaulets revealing that he was an Officer. While he was nowhere near as ragged as he had famously been on the Russian Front when he was said to look like a U-Boat Captain, Kurt was still a lot rougher around the edges than most Officers. From the looks of things, he’d been living out here since Gerta had given him the boot late last month.

Some of the crews that Kurt had been training saw Hans walk up, snapped to attention and saluted. “Not in the field you morons!” Hans barked at them, “What if there was an enemy sniper out there? You just got me killed, that’s what!”

“Just one of the many habits I’ve been trying to break them of” Kurt said, “Thanks for that.”

“I came to have a word with you about…” Hans noticed that the Panzer crews were all standing around eavesdropping. “You lot, double time around the field twice, NOW!”

Hans had twenty sets of eyes staring back at him in bewilderment. Who was this stranger telling them what to do?

“You heard him!” Kurt yelled, “Double time, for missing that damned Heavy, in real life you’d all be deader than dirt! Go!”

As the crews fell in and started around the field, Kurt turned to Hans “Thanks for the assist” He said.

“Don’t thank me yet” Hans said, “I’m sure you know why I’m here.”

“Gerta” Kurt said with a pained expression.

Last edited:
I have to wonder doesn't the German Army have something like a personnel directory. A Major asking for the posting of another Major isn't all that strange.

Other than that I also wonder if Doug is going to be wearing a cup during the session.

I have to wonder doesn't the German Army have something like a personnel directory. A Major asking for the posting of another Major isn't all that strange.

Yes, it isn't that strange but to go through official channels would require an explanation if asked, and destroying Kurt Knispel's career could happen if there's a misunderstanding.

That scene with Hans and Kurt in the field shows the value of having officers who were once enlisted themselves.
The men know that officers like Hans and Kurt have the actual field experience that can not be taught in classrooms and books and that will make the training feel more relevant to them.
This might inspire some of the more ambitious soldiers to want to become officers and for the commanding officers having officers like Hans and Kurt in their units is something that is in high demand