Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread III

not sure about this:
“I am sorry Sir, but due to a conflict of interest I cannot treat you” Kiki said to the man, Gregor, who had been waiting in the examination cubical. “You word directly for people suing me and you served me with papers. Remember?”

In germany normally the court serves all papers(And mostly just through the post. IIRC Personal serving should only happen after the person didnt react to it.). So Gregor should be a court official and there is no conflict of interest.
Or he works for the lawyers working for the other side. But then the dialog wouldnt really work to well.

And sad to see the last german battleships go away. But really they just arent needed anymore.

The battleships should have been stricken 10 years ago as they are fuel hogs and maintenance pigs that were taking up valuable slip space and no doubt that if Grand Admiral von Schmidt was still mentally there he would agree with me:).
But seriously there may be different factions in the KLM split between Surface, Submarine, and Air Fleets that divided over keeping the "Grand Dames" and the current Grand Admiral could be the first that wasn't from the Surface Fleet.
What is interesting is the money that was used to maintain the ships can now go to other priorities that were bypassed like maybe a new nuclear sub or aircraft carrier and I am sure that Tilo would like a small slice of that pie for the Marine Infantry and Sea Lions.o
The SMS Preussen which was the Flagship of Grand Admiral von Schmidt should be converted to a museum ship.
Of course Zella.should.make a documentary about the last days of the ships with narration by Prince Louis Ferdinand of the KLM.

There's always a sad moment for me when the last of the battleships finishes her last voyage.
I do remember reading about New Jersey in Vietnam, a long time ago, and the piece concluding, "The last battleship had finished her last voyage..."
She fooled them all...

I'm not laughing.

I'm not laughing.

I'm not laug...

I laughed.
I shouldn't laugh as Gregor was probably just doing his job when he served Kiki. She's probably right to recuse herself, however the first rule is Do No Harm, so might be in warm water at not treating him.

That said, he was in no danger of getting worse by being left for a few more minutes.
I am laughing, because while Gregor was doing his job* when he served Kiki, he intruded into a situation where Kiki was treating a patient to do so, violating that patients rights to privacy. He could have waited until Kiki had finished with her patient, but he chose not to. Karma can be a bitch when she wants to be. As long as Kiki is above board with her superiors about the conflict of interest, something they will be well aware of considering the amputation that she recently performed, there will not be any splash back on her over this. The triage tag also indicates that Gregor is in no immediate danger, just some serious discomfort (which has probably been dealt with via painkillers) as he awaits another doctor and/or nurse to set and cast his limbs. In other words, Kiki is experiencing the wonderfully warm feeling that comes from knowing that, in this particular situation, her arse is safe.

*This, of course, assumes that Germany has laws and regulations requiring in-person serving of legal & court documents as opposed to just posting them via registered mail.

Sad to see the confirmation that the German battle-wagons are soon to be consigned to the breakers. The Age of Battle Line is over.

Yeah, it's Germany. Gregor could still be an over-zealous court official who was a moron, but he wouldn't have been hand delivering the summons on behave of the plaintiff's representatives, not unless there has been some serious legal practice changes in story we haven't seen.

And trust me, the German legal system changing at all takes big changes, IOTL even the Nazis struggled to change it.

It really doesn't matter as it is more about the feelings that Kiki has about being served with the papers after all there is a reason for the saying "Kill the Messenger"

It really doesn't matter as it is more about the feelings that Kiki has about being served with the papers after all there is a reason for the saying "Kill the Messenger"
Oh I'm not criticising the outcome, that's why I still explicitly included an option for him being an over-zealous and moronic court official, just the input may require a bit of a tweak. It's a scratch on an otherwise fine record, jarring in how out of the blue it is.

I am just very surprised that he was allowed to interrupt a doctor while she was taking care of a patient. You can't simply barge into a chirurgigal theather just because you have papers to serve. He should have had to wait untill she was finished with the treatment, and then could have served. I mean, he could have interupted a brain OP?

Part 111, Chapter 1821
Chapter One Thousand Eight Hundred Twenty-One

31st October 1967

Prague, Bohemia

Going window shopping in the Bohemian capital when she should have been at her office working was a distraction that Gerta needed today. It was also Halloween, Gerta had always loved the idea of a holiday dedicated entirely to frivolity and fancy dress without any formal rational. It was too bad that it wasn’t a thing on this side of the Atlantic. Gerta had tried to make it one with Suse Rosa when her daughter had been a child but like with so many other things, Suse had been eager to outgrow it as she got older.

At a time when Gerta was enjoying continued professional success. Moving from acting to production had been a good move, ensuring her longevity in a fickle industry that preferred youth. Yet increasingly she was finding that it didn’t make up for the difficulties of the rest of her life.

Kurt had risen to command an Army Corps, one that he had needed to build from the ground up in a project that he was doing with Michael of Bohemia. Her son Alois was continuing to pursue his interest in the Culinary field, an apprenticeship in Prague was but the first step. The quibble that Gerta was starting to have was that neither of them really needed her. It was however the relationship, such as it existed, with Suse that was weighing most heavily on her.

The last time that Gerta had been in Berlin, Suse had tried to avoid her. Then Gerta had found out the reasoning second hand, from Kat no less. Learning what Suse had done with Manfred was a bit of a surprise. Gerta would have assumed that she would have picked the most boring option beyond doing nothing at all. Considering how up tight she was, it was a wonder that Suse’s head hadn’t exploded or burst into flames. Kat had then told Gerta that she needed to respect her daughter’s boundaries in this case.

Josefine had also been present that night, Kat’s ward and Suse’s best friend who was in the process of squandering several incredible opportunities. She was an incredibly beautiful woman who Gerta had offered to represent if she were interested in acting or modeling. Josefine had said she wasn’t interested which left Gerta flabbergasted. Seriously, who didn’t want to be a star?

Near Jassel, Poland

“Did it ever occur to any of you idiots that those other idiots in Warsaw just did you a favor?” Olli asked out of frustration.

The delegation from the Galician Freikorps had arrived at his farm that evening and they had borne the news that Erwin Bachmann and his favorite lackeys had been arrested by the Polish State Police. Amusingly for disturbing the peace.

Ever since the massacre in Krakow Generallieutenant Bachmann had been giving everyone a lesson as to exactly why he had been passed over for promotion by the Heer until he had left of his own accord. He was good at coming up with tactics on the fly, but when it came down to brass tacks, Bachmann wasn’t the great leader he imagined himself to be. Olli had seen over the prior year how he had alienated the political leaders of the Galician Independence movement at a time when they had the sympathy of the majority of the Empire. Events like the Moon landings had caused the public to forget all about what was happening in what they regarded as a backwater, much to the relief of Warsaw.

That internal squabbling had kept the Warsaw Government firmly in control of Galicia and Ruthenia. The Galician Freikorps was formidable in theory, being composed of veterans largely from the Heer and Luftwaffe, but it seemed like all they were known for was posturing and making the occasional nuisance of themselves. That was why Olli had quietly managed his farm and gotten on as best he could with his neighbors rather than getting caught up in the madness that occasionally flared up in the cities. Olli had seen what had happened in Spain when he had been involved with putting an end to the civil war there. The republican faction had been more intent on fighting with each other than with right-wing nationalists who would have cheerfully had them all lined them up and shot.

“How is losing most of our leadership doing us a favor, Sir?” A man from the delegation asked, clearly angered at what Olli had just said.

“Exactly what was Bachmann’s plan anyway?” Olli asked in reply, “Did you expect that you could show up wave your dicks around and the Government would give you your heart’s desire because you are so fucking awesome? And what were you going to do afterwards? Make Bachmann the King of Galicia as you attempt to throw out anyone who you don’t like, like those assholes in Greece?”

There was some grumbling among the delegation and the man who had spoken nervously shuffled his feet. Meaning that Olli’s interpretation of their plans was mostly on the mark.

“We weren’t planning on making Bachmann King” One of the men said lamely.

“Does he know that?” Olli asked. He had observed many times over the last few years that Erwin Bachmann’s ego knew no bounds.

“Whatever, Sir” The loudmouth who was doing most of the speaking said. “Just what exactly are we supposed to be doing?”

“Ask what’s left of your leadership” Olli replied, “Even Bachmann didn’t consider himself so indispensable that there isn’t a chain of command. Who is next down the totem pole and what not?”

The loudmouth gave Olli a confused look. “But that would be you Major Bauer” He said.

Olli noticed that the men of the delegation were all looking at him expectantly.

“Fuck” Olli muttered. Bachmann had better hope that Poles killed him, because it would be nothing compared to what Olli would do to him if he ever got the chance.

Last edited:
Ask a question, get an answer...
Gerta doesn’t quite get it that the reason the Kurt loves her so much is that she is a strong independent woman.
Jo could have been influenced by Kat in not seeking the limelight and also by the circumstances of her life history of her parents.
It is good that Kat told Gerta to respect Suse Rosa’s space because I have no doubt that otherwise Gerta would have told that story over and over again to the embarrassment of Suse Rosa.

With Ollie apparently in charge now I can see a peaceful resolution to the Polish Crisis as Ollie reaches out to Kurt who then talks to King Michael who the talks to his father the Kaiser and a compromise is found where Galica becomes part of Deutschland proper and a rump Polish State gets a lot more money and independence from Berlin.

With Ollie apparently in charge now I can see a peaceful resolution to the Polish Crisis as Ollie reaches out to Kurt who then talks to King Michael who the talks to his father the Kaiser and a compromise is found where Galica becomes part of Deutschland proper and a rump Polish State gets a lot more money and independence from Berlin.

Now there seems to be a sensible head in charge, that's a possibility. Just need a sensible head in charge in Poland now too.

“Ask what’s left of your leadership” Olli replied, “Even Bachmann didn’t consider himself so indispensable that there isn’t a chain of command. Who is next down the totem pole and what not?”

The loudmouth gave Olli a confused look. “But that would be you Major Bauer” He said.

Olli noticed that the men of the delegation were all looking at him expectantly.

“Fuck” Olli muttered. Bachmann had better hope that Poles killed him, because it would be nothing compared to what Olli would do to him if he ever got the chance

Poor Olli. He realised that he just got volunteered to lead an organisation that he wasn't a part of. Not that the members of that organisation seem to realise that little fact. No wonder he wants to do bad things to Bachmann. I would recommend using common kitchen utensils.

Poor Olli. He realised that he just got volunteered to lead an organisation that he wasn't a part of. Not that the members of that organisation seem to realise that little fact. No wonder he wants to do bad things to Bachmann. I would recommend using common kitchen utensils.
Use a frozen leg of pork then cook and eat the evidence.

Olli needs to start a legitimate political party and organise a food festival where all the local farmers produce their own speciality to show the benefits of having a wide range of different cultures to drawn on. But can he do this by accident?