Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread III

Bonus points is any of Bas's family decides to go to the Olympics. Just imagine if someone on the German team decides they need to honor Grandpa Schultz. I some how imagine a Marx Brothers movie, something like A day at the Olympics. Tooo Much?

Bonus points is any of Bas's family decides to go to the Olympics. Just imagine if someone on the German team decides they need to honor Grandpa Schultz. I some how imagine a Marx Brothers movie, something like A day at the Olympics. Tooo Much?
Nancy and Tilo, Bas' parents should arrive in time for his event, Uncle Jost, the movie star could show up also, and if Nancy employers attend, they may show up earlier.
Niko's parents, Albrecht of Silesia, and Ilse should also be there, and there is no way that Kat is not going to come to see Sophie.
Of the three of them, Sophie has the best chance to medal, but both Bas and Niko should do well enough at their ages to be identified as rising stars in their events.

Of all the different scenarios I had about Sophie, Bas, and Niko at the Olympic Village, I did not see Kat making arrangements for the Blackwoods to house them as a possible solution, this is both surprising and logical at the same time.
The main remaining mystery is how ever did Sir Malcom convince Margot to agree to this.
Marie in her continuing trolling of Margot, should use the full names, titles, and honors that Nikolus von Richthofen and Sebastian von Schultz when introducing them to her.

I am surprised that Sir Malcolm with his years of experience has not been asked for his advice, insights, and the many connections he has made over the years in regard to the security for the Games.
If as I suspect, Sir Malcolm is going to be the one who accompanies his three guests to the Olympic Village in the morning, he is going to be alarmed on how lax the security is at the Village, and he gets ignored by the organizers who are cutting the budgets in order to make up for the massive cost overruns that the Games have,

I am surprised that Sir Malcolm with his years of experience has not been asked for his advice, insights, and the many connections he has made over the years in regard to the security for the Games.
If as I suspect, Sir Malcolm is going to be the one who accompanies his three guests to the Olympic Village in the morning, he is going to be alarmed on how lax the security is at the Village, and he gets ignored by the organizers who are cutting the budgets in order to make up for the massive cost overruns that the Games have,
It sounds as if Sophie, Niko & Bas will not be present in the Athlete's Village if (when?) an Incident occurs. Time will tell.

I have this idea of something happening.
Lets go down the list of interested people:
1. RCMP
2. Sealions
3. Hellcats.
4. Ninjas, we know there is at least one there.
5. The Schultz family.
6. Sir Malcolm himself surely has some First Nations and RCMP from the Western part of Canada that could be interested parties.
7. The Tigress of Pankow herself.

Sophie, Niko, and Bas are going to spend a lot of time during the day at the Olympic Village, they are going to arrive early every day for breakfast and use the various gyms and training facilities there with their teammates.
They are going to take their other meals there, and I think that Marie is going to find out that she is going to have an "All-Access" credential whether she wants it or not in order to keep an eye out on them.
Marie would of course be very resentful of this, but this would give her the chance to show off her talent with languages and she can pull off her master of disguise routines to her heart content.
What I think would be comic gold for this timeline is for either Bas or Niko to fall for Marie's friend, Henrietta much to their parents chagrin.

Gretchen Schultz has a crush on Niko, but he has a crush on the Good Father Sjostedt's granddaughter Monique, Sebastian Schultz had a crush on Marie, but he is now showing some interest in Sophie, but she has options...

Gretchen Schultz has a crush on Niko, but he has a crush on the Good Father Sjostedt's granddaughter Monique, Sebastian Schultz had a crush on Marie, but he is now showing some interest in Sophie, but she has options...

I admit, relationship wise I have totally lost whatever the hell was going on and who is where in this generation.

what are we, generation 3.5 or 4?

1 - Emil, Sjostedt, Lang, and CO.
2 - Kat, Helene, Hans, Tilo, Gerta, Doug and co
3 - Suse-Rose, Manfred jr, Zella, Yuri, Malcolm (Kol)
3.5/4 - Sophie, Maries, Sebastian....

Kinda like that?

Last edited:
Part 142, Chapter 2569
Chapter Two Thousand Five Hundred Sixty-Nine

10th July 1976

Montreal, Canada

It wasn’t until Margot actually met Nikolaus and Sabastian that she realized that Douglas had put one over on her. He had told her that it would be wonderful if she played hostess to a trio of young people from prominent families in danger of making some extremely poor life decisions. That had played on her desire to be morally superior, but the icing on the cake was the two young men were a Prince and the son of a Marquis whose families would be very appreciative, which certainly played on Margot’s ego. Sir Malcolm knew the truth was that two of them were recent graduates from the Wahlstatt Institute, an elite prep-school in Silesia and were starting University in Breslau next autumn. The girl, Sophie, had actually visited their house a couple of times in the past, but Margot had hardly noticed her. With them among the youngest of the athletes representing Germany, Katherine had been understandably concerned and had made arrangements that the made things considerably simpler in that chaperones would not be needed for the nearly impossible task of keeping teenagers out of trouble. Sophie being essentially Marie’s little sister. While Nikolaus was Marie’s cousin by blood, he said that he considered Sabastian his brother in every way that mattered. That basically made Malcolm and Margot family to all of them which would certainly make things easier.

Still, Nikolaus and Sabastian showing up at the airport wearing the uniforms of the Wahlstatt Institute, which coincidentally looked almost exactly like those worn by Germany in the First World War, must have been a shock to Margot’s system. The next shock was that Sabastian spoke English that to Malcolm’s ears had little to no accent. He said that it was because his mother was from Washington State. Malcolm got the impression that Sophie Sommers was fairly typical of the girls that Katherine took into her care, equal parts fragile and ruthless, which was evident in how she had made it as far as she had in the world of competitive Cycling. Factoring all that in, Malcolm’s conclusion was that he would need to have a long talk with Douglas when he and Katherine arrived next week, and to keep Margot from disowning their son in the meantime.

Presently, Malcolm was listening to the four of them in the kitchen sitting around the table talking with each other, getting caught up, laughing, and joking while enjoying a late dinner. As much as it pained Malcolm to admit it, Marie looked happier than he had seen her in months. He wondered how they were able to have this conversation after having spent the whole day before in the air. He knew that he would want nothing more than to sleep for a week if he were in their place. They also had news which Marie had not heard. That their older cousin, Manfred the Younger and his wife were expecting. That was an extremely interesting bit of news.

State Route 11, Yukon River crossing, Rural Alaska

This operation had turned out to be everything that First Sergeant Mullens had been threatening them with for months. Mario’s entire Battalion had been parachuted into a remote part of the Alaskan interior just south of the Brooks Range and ordered to walk back to walk back to Fort Wainwright outside Fairbanks.

They should have known something was out of the ordinary was up when they had been issued with old Garand derived M-9 rifles in the place of the Stoner M-10 Rifles they had trained with. The next day as they had been boarding the old C-47 Dakota Transport planes, word had gotten around that the 6mm cartridge that the Stoner fired would only serve to anger the wildlife that lived in the region. Mario had learned in a hurry that he missed the light weight of the Stoner. The M-9 was a big chunk of wood & steel and was anything but light. M-9 also kicked like a mule as Mario had discovered when he had practiced shooting his rifle. Then he had seen the size of the pawprints of the bear which had crossed the trail ahead of them and he wondered if even the .30-06 was enough to do the job if he really got into trouble out in the boonies of Alaska.

That set the tone for the rest of the long walk back to Wainwright. It seemed like everything they encountered would either try to eat them or attack them. As if to add insult to injury, helicopters from Wainwright had arrived, disgorging men who collected the parachutes and wished them luck before they had flown off to the south. The offer had been made to go with them, but if you did you would no longer be welcome in the 11th Airborne. Later as he joined the others on the long slog south and east, Mario had been annoyed with himself. There he was being offered an easy way out, yet he had not taken it.

Days later. Or at least Mario assumed that it had been days because the sun never seemed to completely set here this time of the year, Mario saw that he was on the approach to a bridge that crossed an impossibly wide river. There was a pickup truck coming the other way and Mario saw the faces of an Alaskan Native family staring at the hundreds of Soldiers who were walking down the road.

Last edited:
I am going to need to do a Doctor Zhivago style web that just how everyone is related to each other. Some aspects are a bit strange. Like the Schultz family being the descendants of Manfred von Richthofen's former business partner, the number of children of Otto Mischner or Wilhelm III, as examples.

Last edited:
I am going to need to do a Doctor Zhivago style web that just how everyone is related to each other. Some aspects are a bit strange. The the Schultz family being the descendants of Manfred von Richthofen's former business partner, the number of children of Otto Mischner or Wilhelm III, as examples.
Yeah....
a family tree might be a good thing....
:coldsweat: 😁

Sir Malcolm to Canadian Intelligence: I have confirmation that the Germans are proceeding on their "Super Soldier" program.

I wonder how long it took Ilse and Nancy to agree to Kat's plan (make no mistake, this is Kat's plan all the way) to house their sons at the Blackwood's?

Would Nancy and Ilse really want there offspring unsupervised in the Olympic village? How long would it take Kat to convince them, 1 or 2 seconds?

Thinking about this, given the nature of Kat to arrange things to her own satisfaction, it was probably presented to Nancy and Ilse as a done deal much to their delight.
As for their coaches and team officials, they are probably more than happy to have someone take the job of supervising the youngsters off their hands, and just handed out the training and practice schedules and other times to be at the Village.