Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread III

Can you imagine the reaction of Ritchie's superiors when they find out that they have to provide security for the wedding of one of their patrolmen? Because his guest list includes three members of the German Imperial Family? And that two of them are also internationally famous 'astronauts'? Not to mention their reactions when they realise where the wedding is going to be and who else will be providing security.

Lucia might be a little more concerned about being overshadowed at her own wedding, but then, having them actually show up for the wedding would be the social coup of the century for her extended family and a massive middle finger to all of those who have treated her like shit for years. Hell, the PTB in L.A. and even California will be chewing on their livers over this, once they figure it out of course.

As for Caltech, etc., they will also be in nerd heaven. Two Raumsfahrers in Los Angeles at the same time? They will trip over themselves extending the invitations to visit while they're in town.

Last edited:
On the “It hits the fan front”, given Kiki’s work with the German Marines and the fact that Chesty Puller himself has endorsed Tilo and them, if the 1st Marine Division is at Camp Pendleton or ITTL equivalent, they just might have to provide a “Guard of Honor” to welcome her and Ben.

Hoyahoo9

Donor
“She seemed nice when she called the other day and said she was coming”
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . . .
[gasp]
Wait. Wait. I just have to say . . . .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Oh P-M, you've outdone yourself. And that's saying something. This is the most delicious bit of Stupid Luck and Happenstance (TM) you've devised yet.

There are so many crazy ways that this wedding and visit by Kiki & Co. can go in and what makes it so much fun is that it will be very logical.
Maybe Nella and Nan tags along for a trip to Disneyland, maybe Kiki thinking it is going to be a nice quiet personal trip finds out that a lot of official events has been planned much to her chagrin.
I could see Ben being told by the ESA to find out how far along NASA/JPL are along any future projects, University of Berlin may want partner up with Cal Tech on joint projects and exchange programs.

There’s so many angles to this that are funny.
  1. Kiki happily accepts an invitation for Ritchie's wedding and subconsciously is getting to enjoy someone else wearing the shoe of a massively bigger wedding spectacle than desired.
  2. Parker is a bit of a troll, especially because he's dating Sigi and that invitation alone would create buzz
  3. Kiki is a LOT of a troll in how she happily chatted for awhile on international long distance from a Prague castle to an LA barrio to discuss coming to Ritchie's wedding.
    1. The even funnier part is once she gets to the wedding she'll be horrified by how much trouble and expense her presence just caused so she'll impulsively write an absurdly big check/ridiculously extravagant honeymoon upgrade to the happy couple to make everything ok.
  4. There are so many funny ways Ritchie could learn Kiki and Sigi were invited and are coming.
    1. Honey, where should we seat Kristina von something for the dinner?
    2. Receiving several wedding gifts from Germany
    3. I can't pronounce these names, I know you know the wife from your time in the service.
    4. Ritchie's boss talks about how a German princess is coming into town at the same time as Ritchie's wedding and Ritchie makes the connection.
  5. While there's not an AIDS analogue visibly running around in the US at the time, I fully expect Kiki to have a Princess Diana moment when she throws herself into treating a bunch of hurt barrio kids after some tragic accident happens
  6. Some really, really stupid people decide to target her as some kind of villain and lose.
  7. European fashion trends take an odd twist with lower-class California Mexican-American clothes becoming popular.
  8. And so on.

If there's a "Princess Di" moment where Kiki ends up as medic on the spot, I can see her becoming the Princess of Hearts too.
Richie will also suddenly find himself "Friends" with the Mayor and the Govenor too. From being a front line grunt, to a front line cop to a Political prop, at least until there's a change of leadership.

Now if Richie is unable to be a frontline cop, and moves into frontline politics instead, can you imagine a conversation, much later down the line, between Senator Valens and Senator Hendrix as they discuss the musical career of the alto sax jazz legend, Smooth Billy Clinton?

There are so many funny ways Ritchie could learn Kiki and Sigi were invited and are coming.
  3. I can't pronounce these names, I know you know the wife from your time in the service.
  4. Ritchie's boss talks about how a German princess is coming into town at the same time as Ritchie's wedding and Ritchie makes the connection.
Ritchie's boss: 'Valenzuela, I hate to break it to you this way, but there's a big-shot VIP coming into town the week of your wedding, some German princess or something. So, due to security concerns, we unfortunately have to "request" that you postpone your wedding until after they leave. We'll be needing the extra manpower."
Ritchie (with dawning realisation): 'Umm, sir? If the VIP in question is who I think it is, then she's here FOR my wedding, sir. She's a guest."
Ritchie's boss: 'Wait... What?!'

This is an election year in California and Ritchie is what is called a "Two-for" Hispanic and in Law enforcement and with Kiki making plans to attend the wedding a lot of politicians would like to attend for the visibility.
First off while undoubtedly Ritchie has invited his superiors and their spouses to the wedding now the Chief of Police will want a invite after all with all the added security going on it would be necessary for him to be there to keep an eye out on things.
I can see Ritchie's mom getting a call from the office of Gov. Nixon who is either running for re-election or gearing up for a run for President in two years or both wanting an invitation, the local City Council person, State Assembly and State Senator and Mayor of Los Angeles will also want to be invited and the problem is that they can't be slighted in any way.
With all of that going on the budget for the reception is going to explode and unless there is additional money coming from other sources it will be tight.

The rep the man is going to have is nuts if he becomes an inspiration for a fictional american special forces outfit like G.I. JOE it would take the cake.

Kiki (looking at the Castle in Disneyland): 'Meh. Mine's better.'
I LOVE that!
There’s so many angles to this that are funny.
  1. Kiki happily accepts an invitation for Ritchie's wedding and subconsciously is getting to enjoy someone else wearing the shoe of a massively bigger wedding spectacle than desired.
  2. Parker is a bit of a troll, especially because he's dating Sigi and that invitation alone would create buzz
  3. Kiki is a LOT of a troll in how she happily chatted for awhile on international long distance from a Prague castle to an LA barrio to discuss coming to Ritchie's wedding.
    1. The even funnier part is once she gets to the wedding she'll be horrified by how much trouble and expense her presence just caused so she'll impulsively write an absurdly big check/ridiculously extravagant honeymoon upgrade to the happy couple to make everything ok.
  4. There are so many funny ways Ritchie could learn Kiki and Sigi were invited and are coming.
  5. While there's not an AIDS analogue visibly running around in the US at the time, I fully expect Kiki to have a Princess Diana moment when she throws herself into treating a bunch of hurt barrio kids after some tragic accident happens
  6. Some really, really stupid people decide to target her as some kind of villain and lose.
  7. European fashion trends take an odd twist with lower-class California Mexican-American clothes becoming popular.
  8. And so on.
I LOVE all these possibilities.
There's also a good chance that one or more intelligence services was listening in on the long distance call...

This is the story line I didn’t know I needed.
"Mama, do you know who you have invited here"?
"Your friends Richie, you're a good boy and you deserve to have your friends around you on your happy day"
"Mama, she [points at Kiki], is the sister of the Emperor of Germany, and she [points at Sigi], is the Emperors Aunt"
"Oh Richie, you're a good boy, but you tell such silly stories and expect me to believe that"?
HOWL!!

can you imagine a conversation, much later down the line, between Senator Valens and Senator Hendrix as they discuss the musical career of the alto sax jazz legend, Smooth Billy Clinton?
RV; That Vato's good, but, if he could only keep it in his pants, he wouldn't have to be running out of town at 3AM so often!

Last edited:
The visit by Kiki and Ben is going to be fodder for the writers of television shows for years such as "Medical Center " when the two part Season Two ending "Her Highness, The Doctor" airs, Dr. Joe Gannon (Chad Everett) is showing the visiting Princess of Tomainia Kristen (Kissy to her friends) who is a doctor herself around.
He thinks that the Princess is spoiled and is just playing at being a doctor and she thinks he is a pompous jerk.
Of course they fight at first then fall in love and decide to marry each other when tragedy strikes and it will haunt Joe for rest of the series.
See how easy it is to be a hack Hollywood television writer.