Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

“Not all men” Emil replied, “Someday you’ll meet someone who treats you halfway decent.”

Zella looked annoyed by that. “So far this year the only decent person who’s asked me out on a date was a friend’s little sister. If you would believe that.”

“Did you accept?” Emil asked, only to get a sour look from Zella.

“Not my thing” Zella snapped as she walked into the garage. “Just dinner and movie he said, with no strings attached. Then on the way home he suggested that perhaps we ought to go back to his place and have a nightcap and it was obvious what he really meant.”

Ok, I can now see the following scenario potentially happening:

Friday night, while visiting Kiki;
Zella: "Since virtually all the guys that ask me out, or that I ask out for that matter, turn out to be hormone fueled arseholes with one tracked minds, I need a girl's night out. Blow of some steam. What the hell, I'll even ask Vicky if she wants to come. What's the worst that could happen?"

Saturday, around noon-ish (Cue a freakish time & multi-verse warping radio transmission of a certain Katy Perry song):
Zella (looking at Vicky): "OMG! OMG! OMG!"
Vicky (somehow looking both smugly & nervously at Zella: "Finally!"

Yeah, if I was Suse Rosa I’d be upset too. Springing things on grown kids like that is one of the more dickish things parents can do - when a family’s making a major change, you involve the kids, don’t just spring it on them when everything’s decided.

I’m with @Dan - piloting makes more sense. And I can see her liking that once someone explains the joys of tank-hunting...especially if the Germans introduce something like the OTL Hind in their attack helicopter range. After all, why bother driving a tank when you can fly one?

Suse has already been introduced to Sigi so...

I imagine Suse sitting at the controls of a whirlybird going:

"So, didn't want me to join due to some piddly weight, hmm? We'll see how you like weight then. Now take it like a big boy. Here's some tungsten for you! And some lead! And then some more! How do you like kinetic energy now you stupid tank? Did I finally make an impact on you. Don't worry I've got plenty!"

Last edited:
I imagine Suse sitting at the controls of a whirlybird going:

"So, didn't want me to join due to some piddly weight, hmm? We'll see how you like weight then. Now take it like a big boy. Here's some tungsten for you! And some lead! And then some more! How do you like kinetic energy now you stupid tank? Did I finally make an impact on you. Don't worry I've got plenty!"

That or TTL's version of an A-10 or AC130 gunship.

Yeah, if I was Suse Rosa I’d be upset too. Springing things on grown kids like that is one of the more dickish things parents can do - when a family’s making a major change, you involve the kids, don’t just spring it on them when everything’s decided.
I don't quite see it that way, her parents were being very accommodating to Suse Rosa by letting her stay with Aunt Kat and graduate with her friends.
Suse Rosa should by this time realize that with her father being a prominent war hero from the Kingdom of Bohemia that an important posting in Prague was always a possibility.
Suse Rosa is going to have a fine time with Aunt Kat playing Big Sister to Tatiana and Marie and learning some things that her parents especially her mother doesn't want her to learn.

I don't quite see it that way, her parents were being very accommodating to Suse Rosa by letting her stay with Aunt Kat and graduate with her friends.
Suse Rosa should by this time realize that with her father being a prominent war hero from the Kingdom of Bohemia that an important posting in Prague was always a possibility.
Suse Rosa is going to have a fine time with Aunt Kat playing Big Sister to Tatiana and Marie and learning some things that her parents especially her mother doesn't want her to learn.

Sure, but they knew months in advance. They should have involved her then, rather than springing it on her when they’re all ready to move. OK, when kids are younger it’s one thing, but at her age? Shutting her out until the last minute after they’d talked it to death was a bad move.

"... And this is where you slash with a karambit if you only want to hamstring your opponent"

"... And this is where you slash with a karambit if you only want to hamstring your opponent"
"The most important lesson, which will be enjoyable if you can actually pull it off, is how to sound convincing when you look a man in the eye and say, 'Links, oder Rechts.'"

*Doug backs away slowly and finds something to do across town in his film studio*

Part 105, Chapter 1695
Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Ninety-Five

4th October 1965

Tempelhof, Berlin

“It was Zella having her heart set on getting the motorcycle that her father’s team had designed that convinced the company to move them into production” Kiki said with considerable amusement, “Instant market research.”

“That is well and good” Berg said, she had known that Kiki preferred to talk about others for ages. “But how are you doing, personally Kristina?”

Kiki would have to say not good if she was being honest. While the medical exams that all students returning to Jena from holiday were encouraged to have had revealed nothing untoward, Kiki had still been struggling physically because of her emotional state. Stressed and exhausted all the time. She had been encouraged to speak with someone from the Psychiatric Department at the University Hospital. They had taken it at face value when she had told them that she was already seeing Doctor Holz, but that was hardly telling the complete story.

She had been fine almost the entire time she had been in the Hohenzollern Provence. Then she had messed everything up by getting drunk and making a complete fool of herself. Ever since then she had dreaded getting a phone call from Nancy Jensen saying that a photograph of her doing something stupid had emerged and it was about to get plastered across the front pages of the tabloids. Everyone in her family had been warned about how hungry those rags were for a royal scandal in Germany.

“I’ve been well” Kiki replied after a second’s hesitation.

“I can tell when you are fibbing” Berg said, “Now try that again, the truth this time.”

Kiki frowned; Berg had never allowed her hide behind pleasantries. Either something about her demeanor must have given away what she was going through, or else Berg had enquired had she was doing from one of her sources in Jena. Both those possibilities were equally likely. Berg would keep after her until Kiki told her what had happened.

“I made a mistake in Hechingen” Kiki said, “There was a festival and people kept giving me drinks and I think I made a complete fool of myself.”

“I see” Berg said, “Exactly how bad are we talking here?”

“The men in my security detail told me that I spent the night drunkenly singing and dancing in the market square.”

“Oh” Berg replied, staring at Kiki. Who knew what she was thinking, but wasn’t venturing an opinion for once?

“I get that this would be no big deal for almost anyone else and I am blowing this completely out of proportion” Kiki said, “That I lack perspective, but I’m not like most people, I cannot afford to be.”

“Then don’t make it a habit” Berg said, “It sounds like you had security on hand and were in a relatively safe environment, even if it was in public. This shouldn’t be causing you this much distress.”

“There might be photographs though” Kiki replied.

“Is that really what this is about?” Berg asked, “Losing control of yourself, which I can understand would be scary. Or is it that you finally coming to terms with something else?”

Kiki didn’t have an answer for that.

Rural Brandenburg

Time and speed were two things that Zella knew would help clear her mind. She had spent the entire morning editing video and she had stopped midafternoon when she had realized that she would rather shove a pencil through her eye than look at another second of tape. Getting on her motorcycle she had originally intended to go home, but without any thought on her part she had taken a detour or three and next thing Zella knew she was passing out of the suburbs and leaving Berlin heading north on A11.

The traffic was light, and the road was straight enough that Zella could lean on the throttle in relative safety. She was going around a hundred and forty kilometers per hour, the top speed of her R27. The new motorcycle that she had seen in her father’s garage could best that easily. Apparently, it was one of the prototypes for a new series that didn’t even have a name yet. She had begged her father for a chance to take it on the test track, but he had said no. If Zella wanted one, she could wait until next year when they went into production, if they did, and buy like everyone else. That had been a small disappointment compared to the greater disappointments that had occurred over the prior weeks leading up to that.

Seeing brake lights ahead, Zella let the speed drop off and coasted as the traffic was jammed up ahead due to construction. She took her time because one could never tell what some idiot commuter in their car might do when they saw her coming up behind them. The workers stared as she passed, mercifully she didn’t hear any of the lewd comments that she had come to expect from men lately.

As Zella neared the end of the construction zone, she was startled as another rider on a British motorcycle flew past her, the sound of a parallel twin filling the air. He had not slowed, instead opting to dart between the cars which was asking to get killed. Suicidal recklessness, she thought to herself as she accelerated with traffic. Minutes later the road crossed a bridge and into the Schorfheide Forest, Zella realized that she had never visited the vast nature preserve before.

Turning off the main road, Zella rode into a village. Parked in front of the market was the British motorcycle, the word Triumph spelled out in gleaming chrome letters on the red & white painted gas tank. The rider was leaning on it and was drinking a bottle of pop, with his helmet off Zella realized that she knew him and he was one of the last people she might have expected.

Last edited:
Louis junior.

Damn it! Ninja'd!

Oh well, these things happen.
There could be an interesting dynamic with Louis & Vicky re: Zella if a relationship does develop between Zella & ... one... of the Imperial siblings.

Ok, I can now see the following scenario potentially happening:

Friday night, while visiting Kiki;
Zella: "Since virtually all the guys that ask me out, or that I ask out for that matter, turn out to be hormone fueled arseholes with one tracked minds, I need a girl's night out. Blow of some steam. What the hell, I'll even ask Vicky if she wants to come. What's the worst that could happen?"

Saturday, around noon-ish (Cue a freakish time & multi-verse warping radio transmission of a certain Katy Perry song):
Zella (looking at Vicky): "OMG! OMG! OMG!"
Vicky (somehow looking both smugly & nervously at Zella: "Finally!"
Yeah now that song is stuck in my head, danke schon.
More like history repeating itself.
It'll have to be either Albrecht or Manny if we are to see a total repeat. As it was I think it's either Kaiser Lou sneaking out or Lou Jr. bored out of his skull.

There could be an interesting dynamic with Louis & Vicky re: Zella if a relationship does develop between Zella & ... one... of the Imperial siblings.
A certain Prime Minister of South Africa will see the potential in that.

Marc A

Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Ninety-Four

“The latest James Bond film” Zella replied, “It was good if you like action movies, I’m not sure about the new guy they cast as Bond though. Scottish actor who I’ve never heard of before, McCallum.”

Did he get UNCLE's permission first though?

Seriously though, something on that reference caught me and when I went digging my reaction was quite literally to loudly exclaim "Oh you beautiful man" at you pulling this one off. The advantages of working from home I suppose.

As for the Zella talk:

I mean, different circumstances and such, but I'm halfway expecting her to wind up making the In-Universe version of that movie at this point anyway. Probably with less LSD taking in a graveyard. Probably.

A 1965 Triumph T120 "Bonneville" like the one in the last post.
T120 Bonneville.jpg