Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Forty-Eight

A few minutes later, a set of clothes that looked like school clothes that must have belonged to Lea Bäcker when she was much younger were handed through the door.

I'm confused, how is Lea related to the Rommel's? Why would the Rommel's have her old clothes?

There are a lot of different scenarios I can see playing out in China, first off none of the major powers want to confront each other but may have to if their interests come in to conflict with each other.
Germany may have to ship troops over to protect the rail lines they want to open up again, the United States might have to send units over to keep the ports open for trade and "humanitarian" reasons, Russia might send troops to support the "newly independent Kingdom of Manchuria", Great Britain might need to send troops to "protect" Hong Kong, and France might have to come to the aid of their former colonies in Indochina.
One of the solutions may be realization that China is too big to govern itself and it may be carved up into different political entities each under the influence of a different major power to ensure that the peace is kept.
On another thread there is a lively debate about the Daqing oil field that was developed IOTL 1957 in Manchuria, has that happened ITTL?

I thought so, but Rauchbier has gotta be anxious by now. Not sure what he could get into yet, but Kiki won't be thrilled unless he was a really good boy.
Her hosts know that she has a dog and that the dog is not with her. Someone may have gone to check, if only to make sure Rauchbier isn't eating what little furniture she has.

Her hosts know that she has a dog and that the dog is not with her. Someone may have gone to check, if only to make sure Rauchbier isn't eating what little furniture she has.
Either that, or Kiki is in for a surprise.

Still, nobody's fault. Can't blame someone still getting over TBI to remember purpose when exhausted and allowed to take a nap.

“Lucia said to just let you sleep” Erwin said, “She said that you told her what really happened to you and that it sounded serious. She also thinks that you are missing your boyfriend.”
“About me and Benjamin, our relationship is…” Kiki started to say and as always struggled to explain matters.
“Wholly inappropriate” Erwin said mildly, “Is that what you were going to say?”
Actually, Kiki was going to say “impossible” like she had so many times in the past. But what Erwin said worked just as well.

Ok. I am now convinced that the clue stick that is needed, re: her relationship with Ben, is her father sitting her down and telling her that SHE IS ALLOWED to have a relationship with Ben, that she can marry whoever she wants and that she WILL NOT be forced into a dynastic marriage. In other words: WAKE UP & SMELL THE 1960s!!
Also if the Junkers & other conservative types still get upset, well then:
A) They can get stuffed,
B) The Kaiser, her father, has a whole shit-load of titles & orders in his toy box; I'm sure he could give Ben something vaguely appropriate.

Ok. I am now convinced that the clue stick that is needed, re: her relationship with Ben, is her father sitting her down and telling her that SHE IS ALLOWED to have a relationship with Ben, that she can marry whoever she wants and that she WILL NOT be forced into a dynastic marriage. In other words: WAKE UP & SMELL THE 1960s!!
A) They can get stuffed,
B) The Kaiser, her father, has a whole shit-load of titles & orders in his toy box; I'm sure he could give Ben something vaguely appropriate.
I wonder if Ben could get knighthood for his actions in Korea?

A) They can get stuffed,
Or C) Confiscate Von Papen's title, give it to Ben, sending a clear message to the rest to fall in line and stay honest, or else.

Erwin Rommel, relationship counsellor to Princesses? That’s going above and beyond his duty to the Fatherland - he deserves another medal for that... X
Reminds me of that meme with a bunch of muscled dudes typing in front of a computer, only instead of muscled dudes we have the greatest panzer commanders of all time
Though when it comes to military stuff, there is some of the "Clean Wehrmacht" white-washing in place, so I find his personal life the more interesting to read.
He was never sent east, so I imagine that helped a lot.
I do wonder how many of the Unequal Treaties are still in effect TTL.
They should be all gone by 1945 IOTL, over the course of the war. Actually I don't see how the Chinese armies of TTL will do worse than OTL, and given better battlefield performances (no Ichi-Go, for example), Chiang Kai-shek should have better leverage vis-a-vis Western powers re: Unequal Treaties.

Marc A

As usual Kiki is over thinking the implications of her relationship with Ben, with the birth of the Princess Mirai Kiki is no longer in the direct line for the throne.
Once again she should look to the example that her Aunt Cecile did in marrying her war hero husband who was as a commoner that lost a limb and an eye in combat, there was no fuss made by the public about it and with Ben himself being a war hero no one is really going to care that he is a middle class person.
Another thing is that they are still both young and Kiki is still wanting to be a doctor and Ben is most likely is going to go to the Luftwaffe after graduation and is getting advanced degrees to further his goal to go in the space program.

Nancy would love that:
The princess and the astronaut. The couple who served at the same time in Korea, ready to sacrifice everything for Germany, the medical heroine and the ace pilot.
On the brightside, Emil can stop worrying about a Jochim Lowe reboot...

There are a lot of different scenarios I can see playing out in China, first off none of the major powers want to confront each other but may have to if their interests come in to conflict with each other.
Germany may have to ship troops over to protect the rail lines they want to open up again, the United States might have to send units over to keep the ports open for trade and "humanitarian" reasons, Russia might send troops to support the "newly independent Kingdom of Manchuria", Great Britain might need to send troops to "protect" Hong Kong, and France might have to come to the aid of their former colonies in Indochina.
One of the solutions may be realization that China is too big to govern itself and it may be carved up into different political entities each under the influence of a different major power to ensure that the peace is kept.
So, basically this again?
China_imperialism_cartoon.jpg

Our 1 year 10 month old grandson can climb over baby gates. He did and our daughter found him on the stairs crying as he couldn't get back over it from that side.

Similar story for me, except for a nephew, and he got about halfway up a spiral staircase, got confused, and started crying because he didn't know where he was.