Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

As we ask forgiveness upon your souls, you will most certainly not get it here on earth, let us look at upon who you have just pissed off:
not necessarily in order of who you should be scared of the most

The Emperor
The Marine Infantry
Mr Werth and his group of folks
the KSK
The 1st Foot
The whole of the Berlin and German underworld
Mr. Ellis of the V8 Club
Tilo Schmidt,his wife Nancy, Oberstaber Reir of the Sealions and that organization
The Falschirmjager
Field Marshal Holtz
Maria Holtz
Oberstaber Musongole and his group
Ninja's
Dr. Berg
and of course the Lady herself, The Tigress of Pankow.

Hm. Bad choice. No matter what they do now, it's wrong. Better to have killed her outright. Keeping her around is dangerous. She IS military trained after all. Holding her for ransom doesn't even bear thinking about, that gives time for someone to do something.

I suspect that no matter what, Mithras is going to be the lucky recipient of Kat and the 1st Foot dancing a polka on him with hobnails.

And the greatest search and manhunt of all time begins.
The media coverage of this is a continuous 24 hour cycle of television and radio, the newspapers will have extra editions printed throughout the day and their will be interviews of those who were in the 1st Foot and were protecting Kaiserin Kira the day that Stalin sent a NKVD team that Kat stopped.
They will tell about the look on Kat's face after the shooting was stopped and how that is what Kat look likes when she is angered to the core.
Remember that Kira was pregnant with Kiki when the attack on the Hohenzollern Palace happened and that is why Kat thinks of Kiki as one of her "children" and that is not something to stake your life on.

Berlin is going on a full and immediate lockdown as nothing and no one gets in or out by land, water or air without body cavity searches on everybody and everything else dismantled to the smallest piece possible.
There will be a ring of steel surrounding Berlin and helicopters flying as low as possible all over the city, every possible military unit is going to get involved and the biggest complaint by them is going to be from units who are not involved but want to be.

By the way jlckanas excellent list left out the community of Russian women who are going to be one of the biggest assets that will be called on.

the most frightening thing is that Kat is going to be in charge no matter what.

By the way jlckanas excellent list left out the community of Russian women who are going to be one of the biggest assets that will be called on.

I knew I was forgetting someone. Also don't forget how many of the foreign folks might want to help:

Russian people beholding to St. Gia and her husband Fyodor
The entirety of British intelligence
Various underworld organizations from other countries, the Norse countries, Russia, UK, Yakuza from Japan
Maybe even some Schmidts might want to help, depending on how they feel about Kat

And here we see how much of a rank amateur at this Mithras is.

Not shocking, if he was anything but, Kiki would be dead three times over and Papen would be riding high still on the cash.

I bet it’s Ben and/or Zella dead, possibly plus Maria to be followed by Kiki. That’d be a tragic twist, but stupid luck and happenstance cuts both ways.

Also missing from the list of threats to Mithras, US Special Forces.

Whatever the Brass says, Parker and his boys like Kiki enough that they'd be there too on this.

Well, he just won the Darwin Award...

I mean, quite apart from the idiocy of kidnapping Kiki rather than trying to assassinate her...if you're the most wanted man by a world superpower, you run. You don't try to 'from hell's heart', you run like hell.

Instead of which, not only did he stay to try one final pointless gesture, but...yeah, moving around easily is now basically impossible, because he's having to drag a beloved princess around with him...

I mean, quite apart from the idiocy of kidnapping Kiki rather than trying to assassinate her...if you're the most wanted man by a world superpower, you run. You don't try to 'from hell's heart', you run like hell.

Again, rank amateur.

You kill her, if you must you move the body and dump it somewhere remote to tie up more assets, but the point of acts like this is to run on the fringe while all the powers that be are focused somewhere else. Mithras, however, doesn't have the "right" stuff to do that, instead he is going all moron about it.

I'd almost be down for a different terrorist group/separatist group (Poland?) just handing him over with a "We don't like you, but we like him less" note attached.

Again, rank amateur.

You kill her, if you must you move the body and dump it somewhere remote to tie up more assets, but the point of acts like this is to run on the fringe while all the powers that be are focused somewhere else. Mithras, however, doesn't have the "right" stuff to do that, instead he is going all moron about it.

I'd almost be down for a different terrorist group/separatist group (Poland?) just handing him over with a "We don't like you, but we like him less" note attached.

Indeed...

Uhhh...

There is another option to just, "kidnapped."

Anyone read Tom Clancy's Without Remorse?

If Kiki winds up dead, in a fountain...

I doubt that's his plan. His last POV said that his few hangers-on were looking for him to improve their fortunes and that this plan was to try to achieve that. Killing or torturing Kiki doesn't achieve that. My bet is, he's either going to demand a ransom, prisoners be released, or concessions from the Imperial government. Which...yeah, none of those things are going to happen.

Uhhh...

There is another option to just, "kidnapped."

Anyone read Tom Clancy's Without Remorse?

If Kiki winds up dead, in a fountain...

As I said, move the body if you have to, but the longer you spend near the evidence, the higher the chance of you getting caught easily, which again, defeats the point of this sort of act.

The list of people and organizations NOT involved in the hunt is going to be a much smaller list then the ones who are helping in this crisis.
Others involved in the search include:
Irish Republican Army-Berlin Section
The Korean immigrants in Berlin
The Japanese immigrants in Berlin
Every Intelligence organization that has a presence in Berlin
And everyone feel free to add to this list as you won't go wrong

One of the unfortunate victims in all of this is going to be Mithras family, even should they have no idea of what he was truly doing, they will have to leave the country.

I doubt that's his plan. His last POV said that his few hangers-on were looking for him to improve their fortunes and that this plan was to try to achieve that. Killing or torturing Kiki doesn't achieve that. My bet is, he's either going to demand a ransom, prisoners be released, or concessions from the Imperial government. Which...yeah, none of those things are going to happen.

Well, there is one of them in prison who, provided they are smart enough to play along and not piss off the powers that be, could wind up with a much nicer prison cell if not release if he goes for that and Kat thinks smart.

Problem with this though, Kat is going to be on the absolute edge, and if her kids are involved, she will probably be completely broken after this. So thinking smart might not be on the cards, she might be dead after this, either literally or psychologically.

One of the unfortunate victims in all of this is going to be Mithras family, even should they have no idea of what he was truly doing, they will have to leave the country.

Probably, though I think Louis is a smart enough operator that he would make a big deal of publicly "forgiving" them of blame in this situation, while privately making sure that they are on a one way trip to a far corner of the empire with the understanding that if he ever sees them again, he won't be happy.

Not Antarctica, but one of the smaller Pacific Islands so that it is an exile they can not easily come back from, but will see them safe from the majority of the public that would want to harm them.

Again though, this supposes that Louis isn't about to lose his mind if his daughter is dead, because all sorts of trauma, including anything not resolved over his first wife, is going to come back with a vengeance.

Lets add to the list:
JFK, his law firm and his family.
The Catholic Church, yeah they need some help with image and this just might help
The CIA, just to make sure the Germans know they have nothing to do with this at all in any way shape or form.
Senor Arbusto's group, again to make sure no one knows that they have anything to do with this in anyway shape or form.

The global population in 1962 was around 3.12 billion OTL.
ITTL its probably around 3.2billion.
The number of people who will not be on Mithras's side:
Around 3.199b.

There will come a moment in Mithras' life when This becomes relevant.

I'll save the link for the appropriate post.