Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

I think that Alexei is a"great name for Gia's son as it reclaims the legacy of the Romanov family in a positive way.
If I suspect and hope that he is healthy and does not have "The Romanov Curse" then the stories about Gia being a Living Saint is just going keep on growing.

Kiki needs to take charge and get her trustees removed from the trust as they seem to me not acting in the best fiduciary interest of the family.

Kiki needs to take charge and get her trustees removed from the trust as they seem to me not acting in the best fiduciary interest of the family.
Or at least an audit. Seriously, when your client invests her own cash into a company, rather then just blowing it on shit, you applaud them, not start demanding they waste it.

Or at least an audit. Seriously, when your client invests her own cash into a company, rather then just blowing it on shit, you applaud them, not start demanding they waste it.
You are right, an audit is called for as there may be some misappropriation going on and Kiki may have inadvertently stumbled on to it.

Then they asked me what I had done with the stock certificates and I told them to fuck off.”
As I kept rereading that statement my gut started to churn, my hackles began to rise, my blood beginning to boil, my eyes seeing red as that request is increasingly is looking suspicious to me.

Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Nine

4th January 1964

Moscow, Russia

“Do you mind?” Kat asked as she looked at the baby that Gia was holding.
“Do you have a name yet?” Kat asked.

“No” Gia answered, “I haven’t even thought about that.” Kat must have seen something in her face when Gia said that.

“There is only one thing you can do for Alexei” Kat said with a smile.

Cheeky Kat. That was subtle, effectively choosing the baby's name for the new parents. It'll stick because Gia will let it and Feydor will just assume its his wife's idea.
Clever Kat, cheeky Kat. Lol.

“It is like this Vicky” Kiki said, “Last summer when I bought the stock in Sony, I had those petty little shits in the Hohenzollern Trust all over me. They said that if I wanted to spend my money on pretty dresses or jewelry that would be fine, but business was something that wasn’t my concern. Then they asked me what I had done with the stock certificates and I told them to fuck off.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Vicky asked.

“They threatened me” Kiki said, “Told me that I could play by their rules or I could live by my own means. This is what living by my own means looks like.”

“They followed through on that?” Vicky asked, “Does Poppa know?”

“I have no idea if they did or not” Kiki replied, “I don’t care.”

A few years back I worked as a fraud analyst. There's something about this passage that has my old spidey senses tingling.

I think we could be seeing the identity of the Jacobin financier being revealed and a significant amount of embezzlement or other fraud coming to light by the trustees in the not too distant future.

Especially if Vicki mentions this odd conversation to Tante Kat. This would fall squarely into Kat's job role.
And for the trustees involved, if that happens then it is time for them to go to Brown Alert.

Last edited:
Especially if Vicki mentions this odd conversation to Tante Kat. This would fall squarely into Kat's job role.
And for the trustees involved, if that happens then it is time for them to go to Brown Alert.
That would actually be a better fit for dear ol' papa. After all, he's the head Hohenzollern and can get people who are experts in this kind of issue involved.

We don't know what the terms of the trust are. There may be a "no foreign investment" rule that Kiki violated. Imagine the firestorm if word got out that German tax money was being invested in a Japanese company that competed with a domestic company. People with ill will could convince themselves that it was some kind of "influence pedaling/kick back scheme" and fill the cable news shows with their crackpot theories for months, even years.

We don't know what the terms of the trust are. There may be a "no foreign investment" rule that Kiki violated. Imagine the firestorm if word got out that German tax money was being invested in a Japanese company that competed with a domestic company. People with ill will could convince themselves that it was some kind of "influence pedaling/kick back scheme" and fill the cable news shows with their crackpot theories for months, even years.

We've got evidence that even outside of the Jacobins, Republicanism is still a going concern in Germany at this time. Stuff like that getting out is liable to cause issues and only be fuel to that fire.

evidence that even outside of the Jacobins, Republicanism is still a going concern in Germany at this time. Stuff like that getting out is liable to cause issues and only be fuel to that fire.

But that could also become quite a coup for PR.
Just point to Freddy and Suga and imply that is was an efford to increase german-japanese cooperation and friedship, point to an convenient japanese investment into a german company and voila.

In the end it would be just a matter of framing.

Part 101, Chapter 1610
Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Ten

5th January 1964

Moscow, Russia

“We’re going to let your mother sleep” Fyodor said to Alexei as he fed him from a bottle. The boy had already proven that he had an appetite which the nurses said was a good thing. He tired out sweet Sasha though. When Fyodor had heard the idea of naming him for Sasha’s dead uncle, he had instantly saw the importance of it. The people would think that she had broken the curse that had bedeviled her family for decades with that single action. He might have said that it was tempting fate, but when the Doctors had finally risked taking a blood sample, they had discovered that Alexei had a normal level of clotting factors in his blood. The curse had either never been passed to Gia from her mother, or else they had beaten the odds. That had been a great ease to Sasha because while she had said very little about it, she had been worried about what would happen if she had children for her entire life.

“Welcome to the world Alexei Fyodorov” Fyodor said “It’s great big wonderful and terrible place. Perhaps one day we will have your grandfather and uncle in the room at the same time without them trying to kill each other.”

Having to juggle the schedule so that Arkadiy and their father were never in close proximity had been a real bother. Added to the mix was Georgy, who seemed to have taken a personal interest in Alexei. When Alexei came of age, he would become the Grand Duke of Transbaikal, an action that signaled just how important the Siberians had become to the Czar’s hold on power. Most of them were like Fyodor in that while they held no formal title, they had grown wealthy with the opportunities that had opened up in Siberia. Mostly, that would change with time. Sasha was the Imperial Grand Duchess of Russia like her mother, Tatiana Nikolaevna, before her.

Fyodor just knew that he would eventually have the pleasure of teaching Alexei how to play chess. The rest of it would work itself out in time.

Rural Silesia

The Wisent seemed to be happy to not have to dig through the snow to get to the fodder that was being laid out for them. They were part of the Graf’s long-term project of restoring the lands that he owned to as pristine a condition as possible. He had convinced the Reichstag of Silesia to incorporate the forest bison into the State flag and giving the animals protected status. Ilse thought that they were fun to watch. Like the various types of deer that Graf kept careful track of, one could learn a lot about the seasons by watching them. Ilse had to remind herself that these were wild animals because of how the small herd gathered here during the winter. They seemed tame until angered, then they were capable of dismantling whatever bothered them; predator, person or even vehicle.

The Graf watched from the cab of one of the lorries as the foresters worked to shovel the fodder out of the bed. Rust was sitting beside him. As always, it was difficult to tell what he was thinking in situations like this. Was he lamenting the protected status that he had gotten for these animals considering how much he had enjoyed hunting though out his life? Or was he like Ilse in that he would run with them if he could?

“Enjoying the show?” The Graf asked when he rolled down the window to the cab.

“Big animals eating?” Ilse asked in reply.

“Biology at its most basic” The Graf said, “That only leaves intercourse and defecation. Then you would have all your bases covered. Wouldn’t you?”

If Ilse didn’t know any better, she might suspect that the Graf had just made a joke knowing that she had Doctorate in Biology.

Kreuzberg, Berlin

Agreeing to meet them in church felt like some sort of cosmic joke that Kiki didn’t quite get. While she was standing there during the service, the Metropolitan was delighted to see her. The Russian Sisters thought that this was the best place to meet her, far from untrustworthy eyes in their perspective. Afterwards, she was led to an apartment building on a back street somewhere in Kreuzberg that felt eerily like if she had stepped a couple thousand kilometers east as opposed to being only a few kilometers from home.

Entering a kitchen, Kiki had a cup of tea thrust into her hands. “It is wonderful to have the daughter of Kira Kirillovna in my house” The woman who was hosting her said, “Though you do favor your father in appearance.”

“That is not what is important” One of the other sisters said, “She is one of us.”

Looking around, Kiki saw that they varied in age. Some of them were elderly while others were teenagers, probably daughters of the original sisters who had found themselves in Germany during the war. They trusted her enough to allow her access to this place, but not enough to give her their names. Not yet anyway.

“You all heard the story about what she told von Papen when he threatened to cut her off and what she has done since” One of the sisters said, “She might have grown up very distant from her roots, but against all odds the Germans somehow ended up with a Russian Princess in their Royal family.”

“I am glad you reached that conclusion” Kiki said, contrary to what Vicky believed, someone had been impressed by how she had been living. “But what is this about?”

“We figured that you deserved to see this” One of the sisters said, “And know what to do with it.”

A sculpture had been wrapped in a blanket and they obviously didn’t like it. It depicted a scene that Kiki had become very familiar with over the last year, Mithras engaged in the ritual slaughter of a bull. She could only think of a few reasons why someone might want something as grotesque as that in their house. Unless it was someone with a deep interest in antiquities, they would have a lot of explaining to do.

“You need to tell me just who this belongs to” Kiki said.

Last edited:
Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Ten

Kreuzberg, Berlin

Agreeing to meet them in church felt like some sort of cosmic joke that Kiki didn’t quite get. While she was standing there during the service, the Metropolitan was delighted to see her there. The Russian Sisters thought that this was the best place to meet her, far from untrustworthy eyes in their perspective. Afterwards, she was led to an apartment building on a back street somewhere in Kreuzberg that felt eerily like if she had stepped a couple thousand kilometers east as opposed to being only a few kilometers from home.

Entering a kitchen, Kiki had a cup of tea thrust into her hands. “It is wonderful to have the daughter of Kira Kirillovna in my house” The woman who was hosting her said, “Though you do favor your father in appearance.”

“That is not what is important” One of the other sisters said, “She is one of us.”

Looking around, Kiki saw that they varied in age. Some of them were elderly while others were teenagers, probably daughters of the original sisters who had found themselves in Germany during the war. They trusted her enough to allow her access to this place, but not enough to give her their names. Not yet anyway.

“You all heard the story about what she told von Papen when he threatened to cut her off and what she has done since” One of the sisters said, “She might have grown up very distant from her roots, but against all odds the Germans somehow ended up with a Russian Princess in their Royal family.”

“I am glad you reached that conclusion” Kiki said, contrary to what Vicky believed, someone had been impressed by how she had been living. “But what is this about?”

“We figured that you deserved to see this” One of the sisters said, “And know what to do with it.”

A sculpture had been wrapped in a blanket and they obviously didn’t like it. It depicted a scene that Kiki had become very familiar with over the last year, Mithras engaged in the ritual slaughter of a bull. She could only think of a few reasons why someone might want something as grotesque as that in their house. Unless it was someone with a deep interest in antiquities, they would have a lot of explaining to do.

“You need to tell me just who this belongs to” Kiki said.
So much here. Petia might have already told the Grafin about what was found and using Kiki was a way to bring her into the secret. The way they are doing this sounds like they want to vet her personally and not go by someone else's, IE Kat, thoughts. Now we find out just how much Kiki has grown and who she talks with, Kat then the civil authorities? Depending on how she handles this will determine where she stands with Sisterhood and if she will be their new leader.