Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

So she really is Margot 2.0. That just seems worse to me as she's isolated her from the others at the table as she rips into her

Not Margot 2.0 at all. Nothing she said was wrong, Kiki really had done what she was accused of and Nadine has every right to be angry and wanted to confront her directly.

This level of anger and being concerned about being toyed with by royals makes me wonder if Nadine or a friend/family was preyed upon/seduced by Louis’s rat bastard brother.

Also, Ben and Kiki are wrong about disclosure making their love impossible. This would also be a very good place for Freddy to redeem himself in both Suga and Kiki’s eyes by standing up for Ben as a worthy man for his sister. If anything, Nadine is simply going to push the two together.

Just like Nadine doubled down, both Kiki and Ben are persistent and stubborn enough for 10 people.

Last edited:
The worst case scenario I can think of is that Kiki spills her guts out to Nadine about the real reason she was sent to Japan, that she got in a physical altercation with her mother Kira.
That Kira refused to see Kiki before she died and how Kiki couldn't stand living in the palace afterwards and that is how she came to live with Kat and her family.
Kiki tells about how her father went on an "Alcoholic Stupor" after the death of Kira and her initial resentment of Charlotte.
All of that and anything else that will be embarrassing to her family and Nadine takes the information to an anti-monarchical tabloid in order to break Kiki and Ben up.
That is if that happens and then things will get interesting.

The worst case scenario I can think of is that Kiki spills her guts out to Nadine about the real reason she was sent to Japan, that she got in a physical altercation with her mother Kira.
That Kira refused to see Kiki before she died and how Kiki couldn't stand living in the palace afterwards and that is how she came to live with Kat and her family.
Kiki tells about how her father went on an "Alcoholic Stupor" after the death of Kira and her initial resentment of Charlotte.
All of that and anything else that will be embarrassing to her family and Nadine takes the information to an anti-monarchical tabloid in order to break Kiki and Ben up.
That is if that happens and then things will get interesting.

Thats like, fodder for Mithras and company....

Nadine is playing with fire here. While she may think of Ben as being her little boy, he's not. He is a fully grown adult.
If Nadine fucks up, he is unlikely to forgive her any time soon. If he decides to leave then there's nothing she can do to stop him.

Afair German phones did not work in that way but it makes a nice storyline.

When I researched this subject I discovered that the installation of outlets was heavily regulated, but there really wouldn't be anything stopping this scenario from playing out. Especially if there was only one line into the house. That might have been wrong, but I couldn't find any technical problems with it.

Extremely wild theory: Ben is the bastard son of Erich Honecker and Nadine, Honecker was arrested right after the failed attack on the Hohenzollern Palace and was given a choice a long prison term or join the Seebaitallion Infantry and go to Southeast Asia.
Honecker was killed in Vietnam when he tried to get a red star off of a dead IJA soldier helmet that was booby trapped.
Nadine while not a member of the KPD was still considered to be a suspicious person by the state and was rejected by her own very conservative family, when she had no one else to turn to for help, her older chemistry professor who is sterile, steps in and marries her and raise her son as his own.
Of course this is all a bunch of B.S. coming from someone who has watched too many episodes of Dallas and Dynasty in the 70's and 80's.

Part 98, Chapter 1552
Chapter One Thousand Five Hundred Fifty-Two

31st March 1963

Tempelhof, Berlin

It was because of two men named Dirksen and Martz, aged nineteen and twenty years of age. They were not going to be getting older. When their autopsies have been conducted, the cause of death had been ruled death by gunshot. In both cases, it had been 9-millimeter bullets weighing eight grams that had been pulled from their bodies that were the approximate cause. When Kiki had been informed of that detail, she had gotten sick in a way that she hadn’t since she was a child. There had been only one weapon on the scene that could have fired the bullets in question, hers.

It was something that Kiki found that she couldn’t get past, it was the complete antithesis of every single thing that she had ever wanted to happen in her life. Kat had told her that the blame for what had happened was entirely on them, Kiki couldn’t afford to think about the incident any other way. It might cause her to hesitate in the future and that would make her a serious liability to the people trying to protect her. Kat had been brutally frank with her about how they had had been self-styled “Jacobins” who saw her as a useless parasite. They had wanted to kill her. Did she not realize what they would have done to her if they had taken her alive? Kat had practically been yelling at Kiki by the time she was through. The rational part of her accepted at face value what Kat was saying, that wasn’t the part of that felt guilty over the indelible fact that she had ended two lives.

Kiki had still been reeling from that whole thing a couple days later when she remembered that she was obligated to spend the midday meal with Benjamin’s parents and that had turned into an absolute nightmare. Nadine had ripped into her about everything that had happened over the years. She had basically said that Kiki was a terrible person and except for the idea that she saw ordinary people as playthings, there was a lot of truth in what Nadine had said. The thing that really hurt though, had been to look of dismay on Ben’s face. What did he think was going to happen here? If Kiki told off his mother, then she would confirm forever in her mind everything that Nadine thought of her. So, she had sat there and taken it until Nadine had asked where she thought it was going to lead.

That was when Kiki had told Nadine the absolute truth, that her relationship with Ben was impossible. That it was eventually going to fall apart despite what she might have wanted. She saw Ben’s look of dismay turn to one of horror as Kiki realized that she had just told his mother, who hated her, how to end their relationship if that was what she really wanted.

The pattern they were stuck in had to end somehow.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nadine was furious, she had been for days. Having that girl in her house again… She didn’t care who Kristina was, this had been coming for a long time and it had felt good to finally tell her what she thought of everything that had been happening, everything that Nadine had been forced to put up with over the last several years. That was however when Kristina did something that was entirely unexpected. She had told Nadine a bit of harsh truth, that if her relationship with Benjamin became common knowledge then it would probably be the end of them. Forever.

For a brief minute, Nadine felt triumphant as she watched Ben and Kristina retreat into the parlor. She had finally cornered Kristina and gotten her to tell the truth with none of her evasions or lies. All she would need to do is pick up the phone and call a newspaper, proof of her claims wouldn’t be too difficult. There were photographs of Ben with that girl around somewhere. Nadine would need to find them…

“You haven’t won anything Nadine” Bernhard said, “All Kiki did was put the ball on your side of the court.”

“We finally have a chance to set things right” Nadine said.

“If that is how you want to play it, then the girl will go away and so will our son” Bernhard said.

“You say that after all the half truths that evasions that the two of them have engaged in?” Nadine asked.

“Ben once told me who she was shortly after they broke up for the first time and I didn’t really believe him” Bernhard replied, “I was more interested in his telling me how he had convinced her to kiss him. That seems silly now, but it was important enough at the time.”

“Can’t you see what has been going on?” Nadine demanded.

“Yes, but I also see what is going on right now” Bernhard said, “Can’t you put your anger aside for a few minutes?”

“What are you talking about?” Nadine replied. Then she saw what Bernhard was getting at. Kristina and Benjamin were sitting on the sofa in the parlor as she was weeping, and he was trying to comfort her without much success.

“I see a girl who made a long series of mistakes with good intentions and has had it all blow up in her face” Bernhard said, “One who is willing to give you the power to end her relationship with Ben in an effort to end the conflict with you. Unless I’m mistaken. She thinks that it is over because you’ll rush to call any newspaper who will listen to you.”

Nadine hesitated, for the first time in days she felt a twinge of uncertainty.

Last edited:
“I see a girl who made a long series of mistakes with good intentions and has had it all blow up in her face” Albert said, “One who is willing to give you the power to end her relationship with Ben in an effort to end the conflict with you. Unless I’m mistaken. She thinks that it is over because you’ll rush to call any newspaper who will take your call.”

Nadine hesitated, for the first time in days she felt a twinge of uncertainty.

And Albert steps up to the plate big time and nails the real issue. Effectively Kiki’s making amends by offering to fall on the sword Nadine can lay out. It’s more than a touch self-destructive but it’s quite a meaningful gesture in that she’s inverting the power dynamic between royal and common instead of abusing her royal influence (I.e Kat hasn’t come to tell Nadine to shut up or find herself ruined).

The other thing is that it shows to Nadine that Kiki is not acting entitled to Ben either as a romantic partner or a friend.

Last edited:
Yo T-TJ, are you a shrink professionally? Just asking because you hit the both nails on the head with just one swing. Could not have summed up the situation better myself. God bless and God help Kiki.

Kiki needs to realize that, yes, she was the target, but they were shooting at not just her, but her squad. She had a duty to defend not only herself, but her squadmates and they were seriously the bad guys, not her. They only got what they deserved. PERIOD.

Yo T-TJ, are you a shrink professionally? Just asking because you hit the both nails on the head with just one swing. Could not have summed up the situation better myself. God bless and God help Kiki.

Nope, I just have a lot of life experience in navigating tricky and even life-threatening emotional waters and learning to read people and myself. I am legally trained, so there’s that too.

What sucks is when you fully understand where the other person is coming from and yet you still act selfish or unreasonable (and know you’re very likely being precisely that).

Kiki needs to realize that, yes, she was the target, but they were shooting at not just her, but her squad. She had a duty to defend not only herself, but her squadmates and they were seriously the bad guys, not her. They only got what they deserved. PERIOD.

The problem is that Kiki went into the Joint Medical Service with the intent to save lives. Regardless of the military training that she has received, Kiki has always sought to follow that path; having been told that two people are dead because of her direct actions has been a blow to her soul.

And we know how she reacts when she cannot save a life because of circumstances beyond her control.