Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

There will be an investigation. Alexis will not reveal much I feel. I doubt they will find Mithras. It will be almost impossible to find Mr. Big.
Wait until the first who visits Alexis is Kat, with an expression that the Green Devils themselves would be seeking to be anywhere else but there. Kat won't touch one hair of the guy, but she's liable to ramp up the Hellcat act to 11,specially as while he won't be killed, wherever he speaks will certainly determine wherever he ends up into a normal prison or straight to whatever replaced Spandau by the charges of Sedition and High Treason.
Was the death penalty eliminated for treason?

Kiki's dangerous :) More like, she has plenty of experience in emergency situations, so her training kicked in.

First, yeah, Death was eliminated for High Treason. However Lifetime without the right to Parole isn't exactly better, double so in a prison where the worst of the worst ends, and ironically, they tend to be raging patriots.

Alexis being a man, ending there would be a LITERAL Death Sentence, if not worse for the whole of his time there until he gets killed, commits suicide or whatever happens.

In the second case Kiki its only partially aware that Kat trained her before entering the FSR for what amounted to near SKA standards, and before it, she was given the insight of how to act and think in situations where even normal soldiers would have been caught with the pants down.

This situation was a mix of the surprise, then the outrage of.. Punks (or what German word applied here) having fun shooting her and her subordinates.. Then her combined training came intuitively to the fore, with the lethal effects seen here.

Remember that the Red Nanny was sentenced to Life for her role in setting up the attack on the Imperial Family at the Hohenzollern Palace and was killed by a prison gang even through she was in solitary.
That is what is going to happen to Alexis but worse if there is any former Marine Infantry doing time at the same prison, it will be point of honor for them to take care of the Scum who dared to attack the "Angel of Anju".

If Mithras had any sense, he would have had an escape plan worked out. He needs it right now. His sponsor will kill him and the authorities will lock him away forever. Unfortunately for him, he probably doesn't.
He has this weird obsession with Kiki, so i can see him seeking her out - and getting caught / killed in the process.

Kiki is going to get an amazing reputation among the FSR and other forces for her sixth sense, especially if the story of her shooting Andreas comes out. The story might be kept quiet, but her legend will grow. If the story does come out officially, Kiki shouldn't have much to worry about. The same terrorist cell has just attacked her and her team. They can hardly claim that Kiki shot them unjustifiably as their presence by Kiki's barge would suggest violent intent at least.

That is what is going to happen to Alexis but worse if there is any former Marine Infantry doing time at the same prison, it will be point of honor for them to take care of the Scum who dared to attack the "Angel of Anju".
Kiki is going to get an amazing reputation among the FSR and other forces for her sixth sense, especially if the story of her shooting Andreas comes out. The story might be kept quiet, but her legend will grow. If the story does come out officially, Kiki shouldn't have much to worry about. The same terrorist cell has just attacked her and her team. They can hardly claim that Kiki shot them unjustifiably as their presence by Kiki's barge would suggest violent intent at least.
Oh yeah.

Even if this just becomes knowledge among the German military, guaranteed she will be their favorite royal. Which means all sorts of badasses would gladly have her back. She's already done so much to save so many, now this?

Kiki and Kat are dashing to the same goal but Kiki is in it to safe everybody.

How long until she she her own banner in the military museum.

Kiki received her banner after she was awarded the PLM.

What Kiki is not going to like is the fallout from her action, she is going to get pulled from her unit and placed somewhere where it is easier to protect her.

THus does Kiki earn more merits against her brother Freddy.
That whole, "Little Sister who is asking for your help," will be a factor, too.

A total badass medic who wore herself down to the nubs trying to save as many people as she could, and also proving she has enough of a head on her shoulders to lead her team to victory against an ambush with minimal ammo but a shitload of combat sense?

This story gets out, every veteran grunt is going to have her back, period.

Crown Prince Friedrich needs to get some public love himself as he is in danger of being overshadowed by his sister, so a stint in Korea doing his Pioneer reserve duty in helping out with reconstruction can raise his profile and enhance the prestige of Germany.

Crown Prince Friedrich needs to get some public love himself as he is in danger of being overshadowed by his sister, so a stint in Korea doing his Pioneer reserve duty in helping out with reconstruction can raise his profile and enhance the prestige of Germany.

Bringing along Suga might do Japan some good on the peninsula as well.

This sub-plot is making me think of an Omake chapter. I figure I have some time, but @Peabody-Martini , if you're ok with it, lemme know.

Premise is after the mess calms down, Kiki, Aurora, and Zella go out to dinner, and the owner of the restaurant had two of his sons saved by Kiki's team. Second scene is Kat showing up with some of hers and First Foot muscle the next day, asking said restaurant owner to be an informant for anti-royal plots.

No worries if this is a no-go, just really love what you've done with Kat and Kiki over the hundreds of chapters you've put out.

There's more than one way to crack an egg. Kat was given experimental treatment to get her to open up and deal with the root causes of her PTSD. part of that treatment was clinical application of LSD.
I wonder if Kat would consider that route for getting information? If she's dealing with this from a military POV rather than a law enforcement POV, chain of evidence is less important. However, once the name Mithras pops up, a joint investigation between the BII and KSK would work nicely to build a solid legal case.
As someone mentioned earlier, this could lead directly to the creation of GSG-9, as a Civil SWAT unit too.

In the first timeline I posted that Kat was the symbol of the “New German Woman” and it looks like that Kiki is the symbol of the next generation of the New German Woman which is going to make the right livid as they had hopes of every thing going back to “normal” after the war and it hasn’t, Kiki is going to be attacked by both the right and left for her accomplishments.

There will be an investigation. Alexis will not reveal much I feel. I doubt they will find Mithras. It will be almost impossible to find Mr. Big.
I don't think people get how big of a deal these terrorist attacks are for a realistic country. This is not a comic book verse or a Hollywood movie were stuff like this happens all the time or something. Neither is it the wild west. We are in stodgy mid-20th century old world Europe here. This would dominate the country's media for months as it enters a siege mentality. Politicians would be under immense pressure to deliver results. The security services would resemble a kicked over anthill as they scramble to arrest anyone who even looks at them funny. Lots of rules are liable to get bend as lots of serious people in positions of serious power will not be in the mood to tolerate this attack on the state for even one second.

They wouldn't get much out of some amateur student revolutionaries? Please. They'll get his ID and proceed to shake down his entire social circle.

I'm not sure it would. In Britain during the 70's and 80's the various paramilitary groups would be doing all sorts on a daily basis, but it rarely made the news unless it happened on the mainland, and unless it eas particularly spectacular, (Grand Hotel in Brighton for example), at best it would be in the news for a few days at most.

Yet in Germany the RAF terror which killed fewer people than this group's indiscriminate slaughter caused an intense manhunt, multiple law changes, and eventually a government crisis in the German Autumn.

I'm not sure it would. In Britain during the 70's and 80's the various paramilitary groups would be doing all sorts on a daily basis, but it rarely made the news unless it happened on the mainland, and unless it eas particularly spectacular, (Grand Hotel in Brighton for example), at best it would be in the news for a few days at most.

Ehm, not to put too fine a point on it, but that's probably because the opinion at the time, as now, was that Northern Ireland wasn't really part of the UK.

Also by the seventies, said paramilitary groups had been active, on and off, for sixty years. So kind of absorbed as a "these things happen" thing.

ferdi254

Banned
As I already said this movement comes out of the blue. Even after 15 years of coming off a very vocal protest movement which had a lot of very valid points like a lot of Nazis still in position and the Vietnam War, the lavishly supported by the Stasi OTL RAF had at best two dozens members willing to kill and even those would have never even seriously thought about something like the railway station bombing.

And the FRG did crack down hard on this leftist terrorists. Extreme security measures were in place even for the children of third rate politicians, laws were massively changed, even the slightest suspicion of you being a supporter of the RAF brought massive retaliation upon you.

The FRG came close to abandon a lot of fundamental human rights (even thinking about reintroducing death penalty) because of the German autumn. ITTL with death penalty still in place, no Grundgesetz, no declaration of human rights... and some terrorists with absolutely no base of a popular movement to support them... my imagination what a German state attacked in this way would do is fairly open.