Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Fair enough, though many of the horrid looking recipes far predate the war.

For goodness sake, CLEAN the fish THEN cook it.

My own experiences with the advice of the locals was far from good. It's possible they sent me somewhere to screw with me, but this was coworkers from the branch over there, so I would think they'd want to make a good impression of the local culture.

That's entirely the fault of Britains pansy-ass-Clontarf-losing-Monastary-burning-St-Brendan-overshadowing Viking heritage.

And unless the place you went to was particularly busy, then yes, they were fucking with you.

(RULE ONE: Always eat where the locals eat, you can tell because it will be the busiest place around.)

My own experiences with the advice of the locals was far from good. It's possible they sent me somewhere to screw with me, but this was coworkers from the branch over there, so I would think they'd want to make a good impression of the local culture.
That's Starry Gazy Pie so it is. Traditional Cornish dish. I don't think they were screwing with you. A million Cornishmen over the last 600 years must have eaten that and lived to tell the tale.

He's in Belfast. He should know better.
You used to be able to get deep fried Mars bars at the chippy on the Cliftonville Road. But that is one culinary delight in which I have never indulged!

If we're going to bring up food, remember that in this timeline, the home of sauerkraut and the home of kimchi are allies.

Beware the cabbage.

I think that it's not so much that the USA is being shown as below average and uninspired as Germany is better than OTL in this. "A Rising Tide Floats All Boats" is only true if your boat doesn't have a hole in the hull. So no Versailles style treaty imposed means that the combatants weren't that far below the USA and could maintain equality or gain an edge.

On the more important topic: What would be the German influence on exotic dishes that would be the equivalent of "Americanized" Mexican, Chinese, Italian and so on? Everything with sauerkraut or served schnitzel style?

Fair enough, though many of the horrid looking recipes far predate the war.

Stargazy780.jpg

It's like I had in the trash last weekend :biggrin:

With the success of the Alexanderplatz Farmers Market and the Alexanderplatz Station within walking distance, I can see people who came to visit Berlin and are now going back home to shop at the market before getting on their train and getting things like Korean Barbeque that they can reheat at home also picking up exotic spices that are not readily available in their cities or towns and a certain spice merchant by the name of Otto Frank should be making a lot of money from this.
Also there should be a number of displaced Korean Farmers from the current conflict and they could be resettled in a Poland that needs to get abandon farms back in to production again.

I think that it's not so much that the USA is being shown as below average and uninspired as Germany is better than OTL in this. "A Rising Tide Floats All Boats" is only true if your boat doesn't have a hole in the hull. So no Versailles style treaty imposed means that the combatants weren't that far below the USA and could maintain equality or gain an edge.

On the more important topic: What would be the German influence on exotic dishes that would be the equivalent of "Americanized" Mexican, Chinese, Italian and so on? Everything with sauerkraut or served schnitzel style?

Spätzle with EVERYTHING!!!

Thing is german cusine is rather regional so it probably depends.