Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Nah, that'd be what he would want. Better to let him dwell forever in his dark hole for all time.

Have to ask though, considering the location of where he is going, we know that the Death Penalty is outlawed in Germany, but what about on the other side of the border in Bohemia?

I doubt anyone would WANT to find himself locked in a small room with a tigress after you've threatened one of her cubs...

I doubt anyone would WANT to find himself locked in a small room with a tigress after you've threatened one of her cubs...

He will, because it will feed to his delusions, it will make him believe that he was right that he was an extra-special snowflake.

Oh some part of him that is rational somewhere might realise otherwise, but he is deluded well beyond that point by now.

Being forgotten is the most powerful tool that can be used against him.

He will, because it will feed to his delusions, it will make him believe that he was right that he was an extra-special snowflake.

Oh some part of him that is rational somewhere might realise otherwise, but he is deluded well beyond that point by now.

Being forgotten is the most powerful tool that can be used against him.
Potential Future Scenario (Sometime in 1998) Fan Edition:
Ministry of the Interior officials on tour of a prison near the Bohemian border:
MI Official #1:
"And who is the occupant of this cell?"
Prison Official:
"The occupant is Prisoner 89752, Sir"
MI Official #1:
"But what is his name?"
Prison Official:
"His name IS Prisoner 89752. He has no other name, Sir."
MI Official #2:
"Surely the other prisoners call him by his name, or a nickname, at least?"
Prison Official:
"The other prisoners call him Prisoner 89752, 89752 or... er... 'Meat', Ma'am."
MI Officials glance at each other.
MI Official #1:
"This is most strange. Why is this man only referred to in that way?"
Prison Official:
"Prisoner 89752 was sentenced as a 'special', Sir. Part of the sentence was the complete and total erasure of his previous identity within these walls. No-one is to utter his former name or to communicate any news of the outside with him. None of the other prisoners has ever attempted to violate that order, and there is no record of it within these walls."
MI Official #2:
"What on Earth did he do to earn a sentence like that?"
Prison Official:
"You really should read his file when you get back to Berlin."

The Mercedes-Benz W189 that she now used felt more like a Panzer than a useful vehicle from the passenger seats and the Driver cleaned it out every day, so she felt like she couldn’t exactly call it her own.
Odds are that that car was sent to getting a tune up of the motor AND extra Armour in a military Garage, and the Driver likely was selected from recently retired Panzer Dragoon drivers, BEFORE even Kat finally got the car.....

I give you the Mercedes-Benz W189 300d.

1961_mercedes_benz_300_d_adenauer_w189-1549818937-451-e.jpg

What Kat hadn’t said was that she had made sure that those responsible had been dealt with. It was something that Jo was probably better off not knowing about. Kat had taken care of the guards from the prison while she had let Jarl handle his lieutenants. There were a lot of bodies that had piled up because of that matter and it was something that Jo shouldn’t have to live with.

As the time passes Kat seems more like her father.

One question I hope to see an answer to:

What does Doug's mom think now that her daughter in law is an actual Princess?
Fursten is someways the “senior” rank. The easiest way to think of it is the person who at anytime has access to the Kaiser, no questions asked. But that is also a two way street with her being the right claw,ooops hand of the Kaiser. She will also end up being the senior elector for the Empire if Louis has his way I bet.

Last edited:
Part 103, Chapter 1666
Considering the chapter number I had considered looping Steve Harris in somehow but he would be eight-years-old at this point, so I couldn't think of anything.

Chapter One Thousand Six Hundred Sixty-Six

13th December 1964

Mitte, Berlin

It being Sunday, Freddy’s father had decided that all the family who were available should get together for an informal meal ahead of the more formal events that were coming up over the next couple months. It was a direct nod to Louis Junior who would probably be in Antarctica for another year. It was also to announce that the family’s fiscal situation had finally been somewhat resolved and they were on course to be back in the black over the coming year. The dining room in the penthouse apartment was certainly different, Freddy had to give it that much. While it was certainly luxurious, the costs associated with it were a small fraction of what the Hohenzollern Palace would cost just in heating alone. There was also the somewhat novel means in which they were paying their “rent” to the building’s owner, Fürstin Katherine. Freddy had suggested to his father that they just ought to ask her if they could buy the apartment outright. He didn’t know how she would react to that though. Freddy’s experience with Kat was that she squeezed every pfennig until it squeaked and that selling something when she could rent it out wasn’t in her nature. It wouldn’t hurt to ask though.

It was all Freddy could do not to laugh as Nella talked Suga’s ear off about her classmates, everything that she had been doing over the last few months in school, the building that they were living in instead of the Winter Residence this year, and her thoughts regarding the Olympics that had been held in Tokyo. Of course, Suga was aware of most of that already but she listened to Nella patiently. She had said that she could only imagine how her father would react if he ever came into contact with Freddy’s loquacious youngest sister. That was when Freddy had told her that Nella was a lot like Kiki had been when she was younger, Suga could hardly believe it. Her experience with Kiki was very different, to her Kiki had always been very serious in her demeanor, almost dour. That had caused Freddy to concede that perhaps Kiki would be better if she could go back to being more like Nella.

Freddy and Suga had gotten back from Japan having spent October and part of November there. They had been there to watch the Olympics and had stayed there for a couple weeks afterwards. The Japanese perspective regarding Freddy and his marriage to Suga had been interesting to say the least. He was a Prince, an Engineer by training and was studying Law. He was perfect except for one glaring problem, he wasn’t Japanese. The reception that Suga and Mirai had received was different. There was a great deal of warmth and the public had been largely curious about Mirai. By giving her the Japanese word for future as her name, had Suga been trying to tell them something? It had seemed like they had been too polite to ask.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“You’ve never thought about that” Charlotte asked as she held Mirai. When Freddy and Suga had arrived, they had been happy to hand her off to her grandparents. For Charlotte, she had known that Nella would be the first and last child that she would have, so she had been very happy with the idea that her stepsons and stepdaughters were getting old enough to start having families of their own.

Of course, the conversation eventually turned to uncomfortable topics. Like Kiki’s thoughts on the topic.

“Yes, I’ve thought about it” Kiki replied, “I don’t think that I have it in me to be a mother though.”

Charlotte just smiled, like if she thought she knew something that Kiki didn’t. It probably had to do with the assumption that people made when they assumed that Kiki was Nella’s mother if they saw them together and didn’t know them. It was something that Zella got a big laugh about, the idea that Kiki was just naturally maternal somehow. That was incredibly ironic considering some of the things that had happened.

“We will see where you are in a few years then, won’t we” Charlotte said, “When you are in a better place, I think you’ll be better able to assess things.”

Kiki tried not to frown at that. Naturally her father would have discussed her issues with Charlotte. As a trained Social Worker, coming up with a plan of action for how best to help Kiki would be directly in Charlotte’s wheelhouse. Doctor Holz’s conclusion was that she had always been dealing with depression, just everything that had happened over the last few years had brought that to the fore. He had brought that up with Kiki in a meeting where he had asked her father to be present so that they could discuss the best plan of action. Kiki understood that it had all been done to get her to understand the gravity of her situation. Still though, she found herself resenting the intrusion into her life. Charlotte’s comment suggested that she thought that Kiki’s depression was affecting her perspective about the future.

With that, Mirai reached out to Kiki. She had an odd blend of features that Kiki recognized as having come from both her brother and Suga. She tried to imagine what her niece might look like in a couple of decades and realized that despite all of society’s pressures, she didn’t need to have a baby of her own.

“I sometimes wonder what your internal monolog is” Charlotte said, “It must be amazing.”

“Excuse me?” Kiki asked in reply.

“You tend to be a quiet introvert, but I know that you are thinking about things constantly” Charlotte said with a smile.

Last edited:
Freddy and Suga had gotten back from Japan having spent October and part of November there. They had been there to watch the Olympics and had stayed there for a couple weeks afterwards. The Japanese perspective regarding Freddy and his marriage to Suga had been interesting to say the least. He was a Prince, an Engineer by training and was studying Law. He was perfect except for one glaring problem, he wasn’t Japanese. The reception that Suga and Mirai had received was different. There was a great deal of warmth and the public had been largely curious about Mirai. By giving her the Japanese word for future as her name, had Suga been trying to tell them something? It had seemed like they had been too polite to ask.

Racism. The eternal curse of our species. The constant division between "US" and "NOT US". It even seeps into our languages. At the most basic level the names we call ourselves, be they family, local regional or national, denote the differences between that we accept as "one of us" and "them, the others".
Me and you. My family and yours/theirs. My town and their town. My tribe, their tribe. My province/state and their provinces/states. Etc.
At its worst; "people" and "not people".
Hopefully people in both empires recognise the (totally adorable) cluestick Freddy & Suga are hitting them with.

Of course, the conversation eventually turned to uncomfortable topics. Like Kiki’s thoughts on the topic.
“Yes, I’ve thought about it” Kiki replied, “I don’t think that I have it in me to be a mother though.”
Charlotte just smiled, like if she thought she knew something that Kiki didn’t. It probably had to do with the assumption that people made when they assumed that Kiki was Nella’s mother if they saw them together and didn’t know them. It was something that Zella got a big laugh about, the idea that Kiki was just naturally maternal somehow. That was incredibly ironic considering some of the things that had happened.

Kat thought that way too. We all know what happened then.

With that, Mirai reached out to Kiki. She had an odd blend of features that Kiki recognized as having come from both her brother and Suga. She tried to imagine what her niece might look like in a couple of decades and realized that despite all of society’s pressures, she didn’t need to have a baby of her own.

Life has a funny way, at times. Too many of those who want kids, can't have them. Too many of those who don't, for whatever reason, do.