Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Kiki does the Playboy Interview with Hunter S. Thompson with her picture (fully clothed you perverts) on the cover of the magazine looking fresh, sweet, innocent, chaste, and sexy all at the same time by Helmut Newton, meanwhile Andy Warhol is inspired to create the Kristina Diptych with the subsequent Flavors series to follow, this is truly the most Peabody-Martini ever.XD

ferdi254

Banned
This proposed deal is a none brainer and a serious insult to Kikis brain. If she wants to know what units take part in a military exercise close (well sort of) to her she can just call Berlin.

So actually she is offered knowledge she has at her fingertips for a prize too hefty to be bought. I offer you nothing and I want your soul is a terrible deal even by the devil‘s standard.

If Kiki thinks things for 10 seconds through she will have this guy thrown out immediately.

I think Hunter S Thompson is a perfect partner for Zella. May they both suck the life out of each other. Hopefully, Walter got the good traits of Maria and Emil.

For Kiki’s sake, I really hope Zella didn’t manage to hide one of the nudes she drew of Kiki from Kat (or worse that she doesn’t have a photographic memory and redrew it later), because that’s a scary piece of revenge, career advancement (or worse, “well-intentioned”) that Zella’s just brazen enough to actually send, or worse, give as an unconsented extra to the story so that Kiki in fact is presented as the involuntary centerfold to the Playboy interview.

There’d be hell to pay all around, but I could totally see her being selfish enough to do that.

There’d be hell to pay all around, but I could totally see her being selfish enough to do that.

There is a bit of irony in that Zella's behavior is much like Emil's when he was in his early 20s. Yes, she can be selfish and crass, but she also dropped everything to come help a friend in need and Kiki has never had cause to doubt her personal loyalty.

Also true. I guess I’d forgotten how selfish Emil was when he was younger. I’d always just thought he was reckless and a bit of a mess.

Well essentially he run of with 16 to war, mostly because he feared wouldn't be able to get in to the Glory.
But outside of that, not sure we get anything like that on Emil.

Thing is we don't get to many chapters on Emil's youth outside of WW1.

edit: Emil Chapters after ww1
- getting Lang out of Jail
- getting shoehorned into speaking to the Kaiser at the Revolution.
- cutting of Manfred von Richthofen with his Bike

then he ends up in the next couple of wars.

Last edited:
One of the places that Kiki should go if she has the time is the crash site in Wisconsin where Thomas Waltz's capsule landed and there should be some kind of memorial there.
Of course one of the problem for this is that the county where the crash site is has a significant percentage of German descendents and they may want to take a quiet visit and make it a big civil celebration.

ferdi254

Banned
btw, does the press already know the name of Ben? The princess of Hohenzollern having something going with a commoner named Benjamnin Hirsch (!) would certainly provoke right wing people.

For Kiki’s sake, I really hope Zella didn’t manage to hide one of the nudes she drew of Kiki from Kat (or worse that she doesn’t have a photographic memory and redrew it later), because that’s a scary piece of revenge, career advancement (or worse, “well-intentioned”) that Zella’s just brazen enough to actually send, or worse, give as an unconsented extra to the story so that Kiki in fact is presented as the involuntary centerfold to the Playboy interview.
For all that Zella is, well, Zella, I really don't think she would put Kiki in a situation like that (intentional or otherwise).

Also, I thought there's only one copy of the sketches and they were destroyed fairly early on?

Also, does Bohemianism still carries the same meaning ITTL? I mean the fact that it's still a semi(?) autonomous(??) entity with a king within the German Empire(???) should change quite a lot about what it represents to the world.

Marc A

I understand drama and all, but I really do not understand how all those people didn't simply get kicked out by the security detail. Let alone why the security gave them access in the first place. It's their job to keep their principal safe even if it means keeping her safe from herself.

Not the first time Kiki's security has been shown to fail almost completely at their jobs. At this point I'm surprised the job isn't being treated like a Penal Battalion, somewhere to send the fuck ups to die.

I don't blame the doctor though, P-M made it pretty clear that he was spotted going in and out and people put 2+2 together.

Not the first time Kiki's security has been shown to fail almost completely at their jobs. At this point I'm surprised the job isn't being treated like a Penal Battalion, somewhere to send the fuck ups to die.
I don't blame the doctor though, P-M made it pretty clear that he was spotted going in and out and people put 2+2 together.

With Kiki's track record, they could be sent to her detail for advanced and/or remedial training. Sort of along the lines of: "The princess is, by her very nature, a risk magnet. Watch, learn & keep her safe, despite her self. Fuck this up & you answer to the Tigress."

That doesn't fit her character. Zella is like some people I know: Brazen, self-centered bordering on egoistical and convinced of her self importance. But at the same time she is the person you call if shit hits the fan and you need a friend because she will come and help no matter how it fucks up her life.

Also, does Bohemianism still carries the same meaning ITTL? I mean the fact that it's still a semi(?) autonomous(??) entity with a king within the German Empire(???) should change quite a lot about what it represents to the world.

Marc A

Considering the term originates in 19th Century England?

Yes it would still have the same meaning. It has almost nothing to do with the region of the same name.

Zella could use her opportunity with her tagging along with the official party to write some articles for the magazine she is working for, after all she is a Margraffin herself and that will open a lot of doors for her.
This time she might make it to the Apollo Theater and to folk music clubs in Greenwich Village and report on trends in American music, along with listening to Mexican Border Blaster radio stations and hearing Moses Newton and his program The Promise Land.
If Vicky is staying for the tour will Rea want to join in and bring Jo and Suse Rosa along for the ride?

Part 99, Chapter 1584
Chapter One Thousand Five Hundred Eighty-Four

29th July 1963

Munster

The Press made a big deal about this event, but Kurt was finding it not at all what he had been expecting. Someone had the brilliant idea of getting all the “Panzer Aces” together for a reunion even though they were from several different units that used many different types of vehicles during the course of the war. There was also the matter of not everyone really keeping score and while it was Panzer Commanders who got all the attention, Kurt was fairly certain that the ones who had racked up the highest scores against the Soviets had probably been the StuG crews because they had always been in the thickest fighting throughout the war. As it was, Kurt was seeing a lot of men who he had not seen in ages and there were several old rivals about as well. Anyone who couldn’t tell that there was trouble brewing wasn’t paying attention.

Kurt himself was being held up as the leading Panther Ace and likely Ace of Aces. He didn’t dispute that, but he did say that he felt that the charge of the 5th Panzer Brigade at Venyov when it was being backed by the 13th Dragoon Division was what the press needed to look at. The Old Wolf himself had described that as one of the greatest field actions of the entire war, where the Panzer Corps had taken on the mantle of the Cavalry. Using shock tactics, they had shattered a Russian Division that had dug in around a strategic crossroad. Field Marshal von Wolvogle had been over the moon about “An old-time cavalry charge” that had been done by men under his command. The reporters had eaten that story up and Kurt realized that they, along with the public at large, couldn’t get enough of stories like that. Over the prior two decades Manfred von Wolvogle had become this larger than life figure that didn’t bear much resemblance to the man who Kurt remembered. He had tried to set the record straight. He had been there for many of the key events and the frequent bouts of insanity that seemed to infect anyone who fell within von Wolvogle’s orbit. Everyone had nodded and smiled. It was entirely to Kurt’s disbelief. The Old Wolf had been dead for nearly twenty years and he was still able to work his magic.

Then someone asked Kurt about the movie that was being made about von Wolvogle in the Soviet War. What did he think of Arthur Brauss being cast to play him?

What movie?

New York City, New York

It had taken some time, but Zella had figured out how to work video camera. She was recording the melancholy song that Bobby was playing that was obviously about the end of a relationship. As it turned out he had underestimated the von Preussen sisters who were present in this regard. In the original recording the fills were done with a harmonica, today they were done by Kiki with her viola. When they reached the normal end of the song, Vicky threw in an extra verse that was a direct counterpoint to Bobby. “I don’t to need to think twice because I’m glad you’re gone” Vicky sang, and Bobby tried not laugh as Vicky adlibbed several complaints that women have had since the dawn of time about self-involved men feeling sorry for themselves.

Zella could hardly believe that Vicky had done that. When she had learned that Vicky wanted to come with her to New York Zella had been a bit reluctant to have her along. Ever since her falling out with Rea a few years ago, Vicky had become a complete stiff. Seeing that Kiki wasn’t at death’s door on Sunday night had come as something of a relief, but then Zella had planned for the week ahead and had realized that it simply wouldn’t do. Zella had called Bob Dylan and Andy Warhol first thing. The lure of a free breakfast was more than enough to get them to venture out mid-morning. Andy was also curious about meeting the little sister of the King of Bohemia because most of the Village considered themselves bohemians. Zella had been forced to tell him that the capital “B” made all lot of difference, she just hoped that he wouldn’t tell that joke to Kiki because Zella wasn’t sure if Kiki would get it.

Convincing Kiki’s security detail to let their guests in proved to be a bit of a challenge. These were men from the First Foot, and they took their job very seriously. It had taken a direct order from Kiki to get them to relent. “How am I supposed to get to America if I am not allowed to meet actual Americans?” was how Kiki had put it.

The only thing that Kiki originally had planned for Monday morning was an interview that had ended when she had sent the journalist packing, threatening to do to him what she had done to the last letter that his employer had sent. Later after Kiki had a chance clean up and get dressed, she had told Zella that he had already told her what she wanted to know anyway and that he had basically insulted her intelligence with an offer he had made. The photographer had stuck around though, it was clear that he found the scene around the hotel suite interesting.

Last edited:

FBKampfer

Banned
There is a bit of irony in that Zella's behavior is much like Emil's when he was in his early 20s. Yes, she can be selfish and crass, but she also dropped everything to come help a friend in need and Kiki has never had cause to doubt her personal loyalty.

Did she though? I mean it sounds to me like she invited a herd of HER friends over to visit someone who she knows does not care for crowds, and then the crappy friends immediately getting into trouble.

Really it sounds like Zella was bored more than anything.

King of Bohemians aka the king of the country called Bohemia vs king of bohemians aka the king of a bunch of starving artsy types.