Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Kurt and Gerta for best couple.
Hans and Helene for most realistic couple.
Jacob von Schmidt for best character that is a sneaky bastard.
Emil von Holtz for best character who is a complete bastard.
Kat for the Character who most needs a hug.
Kat for Character most likely to kill you if you give her a hug.
Doug for the Big Brass one award.
Gia for Character most likely to survive long enough to see Disney make a movie about her and get real angry.
Albrecht von Richthofen for Best Demonstration of "Fuck You Dad" (With notable mention to Mrs von Mischner-Blackwood)
Freddy Prince von Hohenzollern for Best Annoying sibling award (With notable mention to Mrs von Mischner-Blackwood)
Kiki for the Albert Goering award of putting up with an older siblings shit.
Tilo Schultz for Best Male Character.
Kat for Best Female Character.
Uncle Klaus and Aunt Marcella for best supporting Characters.

“Sorry you walked into the middle of all this” Kiki mumbled. All this family drama had certainly been more than she had expected.

“Spending a holiday in a drafty old castle in middle of nowhere, sharing a suite of rooms with my girlfriend’s brothers who are all bigger than I am as they ask probing questions about my intentions. Then I learn that the castle apparently belongs to my girlfriend.” Ben said, “What else could I ask for?”

Kiki gave an exasperated sigh, “They aren’t giving you too hard a time, are they?” She asked.

“No” Ben said, “They have a lot of questions about me being a pilot and how serious I am about you. Is Whippet really your nickname?”

Really, is that all.....

They were interrupted by being inundated with snow being dumped over their heads. Her glasses lost and cheeks stinging, Kiki looked and saw Freddy with a snow shovel that he had found somewhere.

“Wouldn’t want you getting too cozy with your guest Whippet” Freddy said with a wide smile, “People might talk.”

....ah! There we are. Protective older brother even though pranks, regardless.

Protective older brother even though pranks, regardless.
Hopefully the Crown Prince and the King of Bohemia do not learn that there Little Sister is no longer "Pure and Innocent" and that the person responsible for that fact is sharing a suite of rooms with them. ..

Hey, been missing them for a while. And little Suzie....

With those two, I choose to believe no news is good news and they are happy.

Now watch PM decide to mess with my hopes and dreams. (Though seriously, Gerta meeting Lucille Bell would probably be magical)

Pffft. Thats Emil's second award.

The Academy notes that its decisions can be contentious. The Academy also notes that Tilo winning such an award would piss of Jost Schultz a lot so is definitely worth it.

I don't know about anybody else, but I like to imagine Reier and Jost going out to slam a few beers down and talk shit to each other about the other one's branch of the military, each other's battle experience and mostly talk shit about Tilo, but in a "good way".
What more I imagined that happening in Pusan right after the Korean Conflict and they made Karl their driver and would not let him have even one drink.
That is why I love this timeline is that the characters are richly drawn and you can imagine them having a life in between posts.

He would never have left England. Anyone know what the British equivalent of a burger flipper is?
Given his activities post WWI, certainly returning to Ireland would be off the menu.
OTL, he and Mosely worked together for a while until they fell out, apparently Mosely wasn't antisemitic enough for him.
ITTL I could see him as a fringe politician, grifting up donations from rich antisemites, failing to get elected and writing to the Daily Mail on a regular basis to keep his name known before dying of something ignominious and embarrassing around the mid 1960's.

Tilo is the one that is the most underestimated when it comes to having balls, first he runs a foul of Kat after receiving his notice of conscription by telling her that she has it easy by being a woman to his first time in action in Vietnam when he kills three Japanese soldiers to accidentally going on the first mission of the Sea Lions and by understanding the culture he made it a successful mission with the added bonus of using his bolo knife to chop off the head of a Japanese soldier in front of the Sea Lions.
Of course the most dangerous thing he did was in Korea when he got in a fight with his brother Jost, Tilo has been mostly used for comic effect but no one can deny the balls that he has especially an United States Naval Officer on Guam who lost his career over a few cases of beer.

ITTL I could see him as a fringe politician, grifting up donations from rich antisemites, failing to get elected and writing to the Daily Mail on a regular basis to keep his name known before dying of something ignominious and embarrassing around the mid 1960's.
Either that or a "News of the World" journalist.

The Wedding of Crown Prince Friedrich of the German Empire and Her Imperial Princess Suga of Japan is going to put the the boys in the Protocol Office to the test as the preliminary guest list will make the only venue big enough to hold it is going to be the Berlin Olympic Stadium, so cutting that list down is going to ruffle a lot of feathers.

This is a tempting target for a terrorist.

Ah Freddy, the complete and utter asshole older brother.

We older brothers get a bad rap.
We are the ones who go through the effort to properly frame our parents expectations of children, anyone who has had to deal with first time parents can tell you that is a chore.
We have paved the way for our younger siblings, it is only fair that we pass on some of the torment that we have had to endure. :)

.... Question: We know that Suga has been extensively coached in Western and German traditions and Culture.

The point is.. How much Coaching has gotten Freddy in Japanese Culture and traditions?

I suspect that Tilo Schultz and Nancy may be called to give the prince a cultural reinforcement to avoid any gaffes.
Kat is undoubtedly is going to be put in charge of security for the event and she is going to bitch and moan about it but she would be even madder if she wasn't asked to be in charge.

.. Oddly, she's more likely to bitch if she catches even a single one of her subordinates working at anything less than their absolute 100%.... Louis is likely to give Kat full authority and funds to ramp up the wedding security to what SHE DEEMS "acceptable"...... What will make Kat lock horns with the Protocol Office several times.

Besides being the wedding of a boy who Kat acted like a second mother during most of his childhood, the Wedding of Frederich and Suga it is an immense symbol of distensión in many levels.

Moreover its also a symbol of Racial Equality... That the German Royal House accepts a Japanese Princess as the future wife and Kaiserine of Germany, over 15 after the Second World War, and the bitter history of the Pacific Front.....

Moreover, in a level for many Japanese traditionalists, even if lost the war, now have been finally acknowledged as equal, as the fact that the next generation of the German Imperial Family shall have also Japanese roots...

I can imagine the American bigots throwing a hell of a fit for the sheer act of Miscegenation, and other unpolite BS.....

We can not over estimate how big the planning is going to be for this wedding, there are two Imperial Houses involved, two governments plus affiliated kingdoms in the German Empire that will want to have their say in this.
The military are going to be a part of this both for security and ceremonial purposes, you are going to have a lot of foreign press that will want credentials and there will be a demand for live televised coverages for the international audience that want to see this so you are going to need a dedicated press office to coordinate everything.
The Weather Bureau is going to have to make a best guess forecast for the date and time for the service.
The religious aspect is going to have to be addressed with Princess Suga converting to the Evangelical Church of Germany and during the ceremony itself there maybe a request by other religions to bless the union and I don't think that ecumenicalism is a big thing right now.
The City-State of Berlin is going to want to show off the City and may press for as many of the events leading up to the ceremony itself to be spread out as much as possible through out the city.
The Crown Prince and Princess Suga are going to need to make an extensive tour throughout Germany ASAP to get the approval of the German people before the opposition can go on the attack, likewise the story about how they met as children and continued to write to each other over the years must be given a lot of publicity to sell the public that this is a love match and not some archaic dynastic marriage to cement a treaty agreement between two countries.

.... Question: We know that Suga has been extensively coached in Western and German traditions and Culture.

The point is.. How much Coaching has gotten Freddy in Japanese Culture and traditions?

I suspect that Tilo Schultz and Nancy may be called to give the prince a cultural reinforcement to avoid any gaffes.

Considering that Freddy learned Japanese as kid so he could write letters with Suga suggest that he should know quite a lot, and because he speaks the language it would make more sense to get Japanese protocol officer involved instead of Nancy or Tilo.