Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Moses is MLK right? or not?

ANywho, this random cameo makes me wonder where George Bush is at the moment.
Same here. Bush its pretty much a loose bullet at this point with a crapload of money, access to the undergrond weapons market and a mix of hatred and anger to both Germany and his nation, if not to the world. He lost his reputation, lost his wife, his family and his son its dead.

He pretty much its in a point that he may have fallen already in a mentality that just wants to watch the world BURN and drink while watching it....

There is going to be a huge demand for Princess Suga dolls this Christmas in Germany from little girls and doll collectors.

As for Moses Newton, I predict that some smart person will hear his show and have him tape an English language version of it and put it on a Mexican "Border Blaster" radio station and he will be heard Coast -To-Coast across the United States becoming.a big hit and a cultural phenomenon.

As for Moses Newton, I predict that some smart person will hear his show and have him tape an English language version of it and put it on a Mexican "Border Blaster" radio station and he will be heard Coast -To-Coast across the United States becoming.a big hit and a cultural phenomenon.

The downside of that is soon enough some sort of "Christian"* preacher will denounce the music, won't be won over by the religious roots of the music because of it's origins, (normally I'd add an example of the language of the statement, however this time, I won't. I will not legitimise that level of stupidly ignorant hate), at which point the "Christian"* KKK will get involved and it will all get messy. And bloody.

*The kind of "Christianity" that focuses only on white people and seems to have all of the messages of the Bible about peace, love and tolerance removed, replaced with hatred of everything "other". Sadly still popular today among certain demographics.

The downside of that is soon enough some sort of "Christian"* preacher will denounce the music, won't be won over by the religious roots of the music because of it's origins, (normally I'd add an example of the language of the statement, however this time, I won't. I will not legitimise that level of stupidly ignorant hate), at which point the "Christian"* KKK will get involved and it will all get messy. And bloody.

*The kind of "Christianity" that focuses only on white people and seems to have all of the messages of the Bible about peace, love and tolerance removed, replaced with hatred of everything "other". Sadly still popular today among certain demographics.
Except that these are Mexican radio stations and there is not a damn thing they can do about it, the stations are pumping out 250,000 watts of power at night and that can be picked up not just across the United States but if atmospheric conditions are right then parts of the IOTL Soviet Union were also picking them up.
IOTL during the 50's and 60's Pentecostal Preachers, Psychics and other Flim-Flam Hucksters were broadcasting on them in return for 50% of what they were selling on the air.
So there is the possibility of hearing Moses Newton every Friday or Saturday night leading the people to The Promise Land on XERF-AM out of Ciudad Acuna, but that is up to this timeline's Program Director Peabody-Martini.

While the border is open, (i.e. you can travel from America to Mexico), then if individuals decide to try and do something about it, then they'll try.

Hmmm, are LON forces still in Mexico?

While the border is open, (i.e. you can travel from America to Mexico), then if individuals decide to try and do something about it, then they'll try.

Hmmm, are LON forces still in Mexico?
Then basically the KKK has just signed its own Death Warrant because it is one thing to target African-Americans in the United States but to cross International borders to blow up licensed radio stations will have the effect of bringing every American Law Enforcement agencies to crack down on them because the United States can not tolerate that or other nations might get tough on their own.

Then basically the KKK has just signed its own Death Warrant because it is one thing to target African-Americans in the United States but to cross International borders to blow up licensed radio stations will have the effect of bringing every American Law Enforcement agencies to crack down on them because the United States can not tolerate that or other nations might get tough on their own.

We can but dream.
Although let's face it, no one accused the KKK or other racist idiots of being overly blessed with common sense.

I hope the KKK does do something about those radio stations--and gets into a pitched battle, with the survivors hanged.

I hope the KKK does do something about those radio stations--and gets into a pitched battle, with the survivors hanged.

If they tangle with German or German led troops, their fate will be far worse than that...

They'll be treated like anybody else, no easy rides because they're "God fearin' white folks".
They'll have any of their old beliefs strained to breaking point too forcing them to reassess reality.
Little worse than that for a bigot.

What is going to surprise them if they attack one of those "Border Blasters" is how few people actually work at them, basically all the programs are on reel to reel tape and there is just an engineer and a receptionist on duty.

Shouldn't France be forced to acknowledge that A-L is now and forever German and quit officially talking about "lost provinces"?

What is going to surprise them if they attack one of those "Border Blasters" is how few people actually work at them, basically all the programs are on reel to reel tape and there is just an engineer and a receptionist on duty.

If that happens, and they get to the station, I could see them doing something even more stupid/arrogant. After murdering the people there, someone breaks into the transmission and makes some sort of off the cuff statement. Things get worse from there.

If that happens, and they get to the station, I could see them doing something even more stupid/arrogant. After murdering the people there, someone breaks into the transmission and makes some sort of off the cuff statement. Things get worse from there.
If they do that (and remember this is one of our infamous tangents that we are going on) they should do at night when the station is at full power to reach the maximum amount of listeners.

There is going to be a huge demand for Princess Suga dolls this Christmas in Germany from little girls and doll collectors.

That brings up another pop-culture tangent: Barbie and fashion dolls in general.

There is an nice Netflix documentary about the origin of Barbie available for anyone who cares, but the short version is that Barbie was based on a German novelty toy that in turn was based on a comic running in the infamous "Bild" tabloid newspaper. The doll and comic was called Lilli and it she was present as sexy often inadequately dressed to give the readers both fan-service and something to feel righteously upset about. It was making fun of and being appalled by the new generation of emancipated women with their lose morals and indecent attitudes. "Look how sexy that tramp is."

It seems in this timeline has been spared from having the "Bild" in it and social norms are different enough that such a character as Lilli would not find the response it got OTL.

However without her or something like her there never will be a Barbie or something like her. Maybe an alternate version of Lilli with a different background will eventually crop up to start the trend of Barbie-like dolls and eventually Malibu dream houses and the role-model that shows little girls that women can do every job as long as there is fashionable dress or suit involved....

Part 80, Chapter 1216
Chapter One Thousand Two Hundred Sixteen

2nd March 1957

Paris, France

It was a drizzly morning and reflected the mood of Ethan Noyer as he entered the Ministry building where he worked. From his desk he the perfect view of the goings on within what had been dubbed “Les Départements Fantômes.” The Government Departments that were geared towards Alsace-Lorraine, Vietnam and other territories that had been lost in recent years. Increasingly it was looking like Algeria would soon be joining them. For a long time, it had been thought that budget cuts would eliminate the departments that haunted this building and their skeleton staffs would be assigned to other, more fruitful tasks. That was something that had yet to happen.

It was suspected that if the departments were eliminated it would be an admission of France’s decline from being one of the World’s Great Powers. As if it wasn’t already apparent from what was regularly seen in the magazines and newspapers. Just that weekend, Ethan had seen a political cartoon featuring France as a slattern in a rundown house telling a man wearing what was clearly an archaic Prussian uniform to leave the money on the nightstand as he left for the evening.

That was obviously in reaction to the recent funeral of Maria Kirillovna, the wife of the German Prince of Leiningen whose family had been given control of Alsace-Lorraine following the Franco-Prussian War. President Coty had felt obligated to attend the event but his arrival in Strasbourg became a humiliating spectacle. René Coty had been calling for there to be a plebiscite to settle the question of the disputed border region. When he had stepped off the plane, he had been greeted with a sea of German Imperial flags and the red, white & gold flags of Alsace-Lorraine being waved. The Boche had not been subtle about what they thought of the that idea. It was typical of them, arrogant, heavy-handed and deliberately offensive. They didn’t care because they didn’t have to. The reports that came across Ethan’s desk every single day told the entire reason why.

Working on behalf of the Department of Bouches-du-Rhône which included the seaport Marseille, Ethan saw how every single year millions of tons of cargo passed through that seaport. It was something that had brought prosperity to the region, but it was also entirely dependent upon the treaties between France, Germany and Italy.

Wunsdorf-Zossen

Kurt could hear the laughter as Suse and Josefine were running up and down the hall outside the study. Judging from the smaller footfalls they were being pursued by Alois and Suse’s cat Finster. Gerta had been delighted that Suse and Jo had become friends quickly after Jo had been taken in by Kat von Mischner. That didn’t however make for quiet afternoons when both girls were in the house.

Then it grew ominously quiet.

Having been Suse’s father had taught Kurt something important about his daughter. When she was in the house and he couldn’t hear her that usually meant that something untoward was about to happen. With a friend like Jo and her little brother with her, she had two extremely willing partners in crime.

Berlin

Sitting behind a typewriter didn’t come naturally to Douglas. Especially with how quiet the house was this afternoon. Kat had arranged for Jo to spend time with Suse at the Knispel house and for Tat and Kol to be at her Aunt Marcella’s. Noella had taken Marie upstairs for her afternoon nap. Kat and Ilse were at work, Petia, the Cook and the Housekeeper had gone to the market. That left Doug alone in the library on the parlor floor in the grey light of an overcast afternoon. Oddly, Kat had done her best of clear out the house so that Doug could work on this project in peace. He would have preferred the house to be full of noise and life while he worked.

This afternoon the house was too quiet, and Doug had found his mind wandering. Looking out the windows Doug looked down at the trees that they had planted. The first buds of the leaves were specks of green amid the brown and grey of winter. Over the next couple of months, it would burst into life, but it obviously wasn’t there yet. Looking away from the window, Doug looked back to the typewriter and the stacks of photographs on the desk. All of this had been Gia’s idea, he had been showing off the latest photographs that he had been taking of street scenes around the city of Berlin. It was all the parts of the city that tourists didn’t normally get to see and when taken as a whole revealed its surprising diversity. Gia had said that Doug needed to put out a pictorial book that would showcase his work and she had mentioned it to the publisher of her autobiography. What had followed was that they had gone through the back catalog of Doug’s work and had been excited about the project.

That was how Doug had found himself going through the dozens of photographs trying to select the best ones and typing up the stories behind them. It was a process that he was finding to be a challenge because storytelling wasn’t something that he was particularly used to doing. He had always been able to take the pictures and allow others to fill out the story based on whatever he had told them in his notes.

Wouldn't in this timeline Elsaß-Lothringen have been German continuously since 1871? It seems mightily optimistic that at this point there would be many left who long to be part of France again especially if the German empire gave them enough autonomy to not feel overly pressured to be German and the economy was doing well enough.

"Mein Herr, it is patently obvious that this area is French, we are French, it is of vital importance that we work to return Elsaß-Lothringen to la belle Frankreich"

"Monsieur Henri, I understand why you would feel this way, however, returning this area to France, is simply not realistic. We can offer to help you resettle on the other side of the border"?

"You're joking? Me? Over there, but it's full of Frenchmen"!

Last edited:
Wouldn't in this timeline Elsaß-Lothringen have been German continuously since 1871? It seems mightily optimistic that at this point there would be many left who long to be part of France again especially if the German empire gave them enough autonomy to not feel overly pressured to be German and the economy was doing well enough.
Plus, France hasn't exactly done well since WW1. If I were them, I'd have second thoughts about hitching my horse to old Gluey.

What is the status of the other Royal Houses in Germany like Bavaria and others?
I can see them reduced to just purely symbolic roles like opening the Legislature and cutting ribbons at the grand opening of new supermarkets.

Within a few years I would say that there will be no one who was even alive when it was French. It's barely within living memory.