Star Trek v Star Wars

what of Star Trek decided to sew Star Wars for coping them? Would Star Wars win or lose? Would Star Trek replace Star Wars as the big sci-if movie?

Caspian

Banned
what of Star Trek decided to sew Star Wars for coping them? Would Star Wars win or lose? Would Star Trek replace Star Wars as the big sci-if movie?

How, exactly, did George Lucas copy Star Trek? There aren't many similarities between the two apart from "science fiction" and vaguely similar names.

what of Star Trek decided to sew Star Wars for coping them?

May the bobbin be with you....

581702fea5ff720d1a75b60800d35d70.jpg

And this is coping...

Woodwo41.gif

Deleted member 98954

@zert

Glad someone was big enough to admit to having enjoyed my posts today. Read my other recent posts, which got a stony-faced reply and a blocked thread. History can and should be fun: the Germans lost their sense of humor, and look what happened to them.

Happy New Year, I wish you love and laughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem s the basis of the lawsuit, whether in Paramount's mind, or in the court's opinion. Paramount would need to feel infringed upon to even undertake such a drastic action. And the court could just throw the lawsuit out if it is without any merit. So far as I can recall, there are little things that Star Wars had in the dialogue that may have been a term Star Trek used. However, they would just point to Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon and say that Paramount's claims are baseless because those tropes and concepts predated them in previous science fiction and science fiction as a whole. Honestly, if you wanna have a better scenario here, don't do Paramount suing Fox/Lucasfilm. Because they did not nor would they. Do the estates of the creators of Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers suing them.

If Star Trek wins, then Pokemon is never made because Nintendo knows they'll just get sued by Bandai for ripping off Digimon.

May the bobbin be with you....

Darth Gaydar: "If he could be turned he would make a powerful ally."
Emperor Grimm Reaper: "Can it be done?"
Gaydar: "if he refuses he will be sent to the clothing coloring factories. He will not last long there."
Reaper: "You mean..."
Gaydar: "Yes. He will join us or dye..."

Darth Gaydar: "If he could be turned he would make a powerful ally."
Emperor Grimm Reaper: "Can it be done?"
Gaydar: "if he refuses he will be sent to the clothing coloring factories. He will not last long there."
Reaper: "You mean..."
Gaydar: "Yes. He will join us or dye..."

This also made me smile and laugh. Right in the right hue. :openedeyewink:

@zert

Glad someone was big enough to admit to having enjoyed my posts today. Read my other recent posts, which got a stony-faced reply and a blocked thread. History can and should be fun: the Germans lost their sense of humor, and look what happened to them.

Happy New Year, I wish you love and laughter.

There can be some without a sense of humor at times. :)

Thanks for the greetings and the best for the New Year to you as well.

Deleted member 98954

I don't quite see the rationale of why I was accused of ASB by starting a thread about Kermit and Miss Piggy after this one was started... I guess while some people on this forum tolerate Klimgons and Ewoks they are still prejudiced against Muppits. Discrimination already. Too many haters in this world.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I don't quite see the rationale of why I was accused of ASB by starting a thread about Kermit and Miss Piggy after this one was started... I guess while some people on this forum tolerate Klimgons and Ewoks they are still prejudiced against Muppits. Discrimination already. Too many haters in this world.
Don't threadcrap.

Star Wars apparently copied some of its elements from Dune, but nothing close enough to be a copyright violation, (the Bene Gesserit were the inspiration for the Jedi).