Sports What Ifs.

Another WI: WI Aikman doesn't break his leg in 1984 and his ankle in 1985 (the latter led to Jamelie Holloway becoming quarterback and to Oklahoma switching back to the wishbone offense which, in turn, led to Oklahoma winning the national championship--take that out and Aikman doesn't leave Oklahoma); this leads to him staying on as QB at Oklahoma (he transferred to UCLA after Holloway led Oklahoma to the national championship) and he finishes his senior season in 1987 and comes out in the 1988 draft...

Who drafts him in 1988?

But didnt TRwant to ban football because it was to violent?

TR was a fan of the game but hated the fact that people got killed playing it. He helped spearhead reforms that enabled it to survive past the early days; if not for him and those like him, we may be watching, I don’t know, rugby today.

TR was a fan of the game but hated the fact that people got killed playing it. He helped spearhead reforms that enabled it to survive past the early days; if not for him and those like him, we may be watching, I don’t know, rugby today.
Baseball, or European base Football(aka soccer), don't doubt MLB would exploit that, so we could get a more massive MLB instead...with Baskeball as the winter sport

WI Art Modell never moved the Browns to Baltimore and establish the Ravens?
Well, bud adams move his oilers to Baltimore to take advantage the new stadium, Houston got the texans and to avoid the mess of having a odd number of franchise, the NFL accept a new member(mark cuban?) in LA, the rams stays, Tennesse never got their NFL franchise or the jags move them.

Baseball, or European base Football(aka soccer), don't doubt MLB would exploit that, so we could get a more massive MLB instead...with Baskeball as the winter sport

Well of course, and I doubt rugby would get the same foothold right away as football, but we may have a “big five” in America with baseball, soccer, basketball, hockey and rugby.

Well of course, and I doubt rugby would get the same foothold right away as football, but we may have a “big five” in America with baseball, soccer, basketball, hockey and rugby.
nah Rugby is boring, very boring(someone watch both football say it). So just Big Four...that change anything how thing will got for the future, when MLS could be a titan next to a more powerful MLB and NBA...or maybe the NBA bite it and is just MLB and MLS and NHL?

WI Seahawks never get rid of Steven Hauschka, or at the very least didn't replace him with Blair Walsh? Would they have made the playoffs 2 seasons ago without Walsh blowing a couple of games?

WI the Skins bit the bullet and drafted Charlie Ward over Heath Schuler?

(You could ask the same question with the Vikings drafting Ward over CB DeWayne Washington).

WI the Skins bit the bullet and drafted Charlie Ward over Heath Schuler?

(You could ask the same question with the Vikings drafting Ward over CB DeWayne Washington).
But he played basketball...why not he would not choose basket anyway?

That still make me wonder.......that is not a good indicator(seems like a proto kyler murray, could even bust in NFL)

Seems to have a better persona in collefe football that may have an appeal. Plus, if anything, it's a question of switchwd fates for Heath and Charlie.

Seems to have a better persona in collefe football that may have an appeal. Plus, if anything, it's a question of switchwd fates for Heath and Charlie.
A heath is more sucessful as politician....that change a lot of things...duno how Charlie would have fared

What if the Browns Drafted MCNABB over Couch?

A heath is more sucessful as politician....that change a lot of things...duno how Charlie would have fared

What if the Browns Drafted MCNABB over Couch?

McNabb would be entering a team that is just chaotic in an O-Line and actually beat my Saints on a tip-off (well, that and we wasted an entire draft set for Ricky "Wacky Tobacy" Williams). But, with the stellar talents he possesses, the team could take the time to build the team around him (provided that Art Modell isn't pulling a wannabe Jerry Jones stunt to shaft his own team). If the right coach and pieces come along, I could see the Browns breaking their "curse" and hitting the playoffs (or even winning the Super Bowl). Upon which, if things go the expected way, the Browns could "Suck for Luck".

Otherwise, I could see Modell deciding that some benign factor will cause him to hate McNabb. At the very best, he could hold out until 2006 and be traded to New Orleans (where Brees will either end up in Miami or remain in San Diego). Or he ends up with a quarterback needy team.

Just to add some random ones to the list:

1. WI the "Music City Miracle" was called as an illegal forward pass?
  2. WI the "Immaculate Reception" is ruled as the "Immaculate Deception" and called an illegal offensive play?
  3. WI the NABBP (National Association of Baseball Players) allows professionalism and mirrors the English and Spanish system in farming (agreements with teams on non-promotion)?
  4. WI Tom Benson wins out in obtaining the AA Charlotte Knights (renaming them the Pelicans) before the Couhig effort of the AAA Denver Zephyrs?
  5. WI the incomplete pass in the 1979 AFC Championship (Steelers vs. Oilers) is ruled a TD?
  6. WI the NFL and CFC (precursor to the Canadian Football League) or some of its teams agree to an expositional series between their successful teams in 1958?
  7. WI the Super Bowl/World Series of Football is started via a total merger of the NFL and AAFC in 1949 (aka, via ASB or some successful push, all eight join)?
  8. WI the WFL refrained from pushing up their starting year, waiting until 1975 and taking time to focus on team names and starting mid-summer (July)?
  9. WI the Welsh baseball format gains popularity (via Welsh penal exiles) over in the 13 Colonies and evolves similar to the eventual OTL baseball?
  10. WI The NY Titans goes bankrupt and is relocated?
  11. WI the Saints passed on the opportunity for Bradshaw (i.e., Steve Spurrier for the '67 Draft) and retained their top picks from 1971-73?
  12. WI Benson agrees to relocate the Saints from NOLA to Hancock County, Mississippi (becoming the Gulf Coast Saints)?
  13. WI the UFL took the route of the AAF in being a springtime/summertime developmental league (essentially an Ebersol-like force in developing players and, to that extent, teams)?

Last edited:
McNabb would be entering a team that is just chaotic in an O-Line and actually beat my Saints on a tip-off (well, that and we wasted an entire draft set for Ricky "Wacky Tobacy" Williams). But, with the stellar talents he possesses, the team could take the time to build the team around him (provided that Art Modell isn't pulling a wannabe Jerry Jones stunt to shaft his own team). If the right coach and pieces come along, I could see the Browns breaking their "curse" and hitting the playoffs (or even winning the Super Bowl). Upon which, if things go the expected way, the Browns could "Suck for Luck".

Maybe they do a little better with McNabb, but not much because that organization made several draft mistakes. Also, Andy Reid is a better coach than any of the HC's the Browns had during Donovan's career.