Sports What Ifs.

Modell is on Baltimore, you are talking about lerhner

My apologies on the mixup. That said, my point still stands. McNabb, while quite a talent, could end up holding on as long as OTL with the Browns or end up something along the lines of Brady in Dawg Pound Dynasty; great for the team, but ending up traded or bolted for another team due to coaching or ownership.

Last edited:
What if the Rays bit the bullet and kept Josh Hamilton protected?
I honestly never understood why the Rays left Josh Hamilton off their 40 man roster for the Rule 5 draft back in 06. After all the rehab work with all that promise just never made sense to me as Rays fan. Hamilton could had been a key player in that miracle 08 run the Rays had and possibly brought enough power to the plate to win the series against Philly. Because outside Game 4 we were only two runs from winning the game and with Hamilton's power at the plate could been enough to reserve that.

I honestly never understood why the Rays left Josh Hamilton off their 40 man roster for the Rule 5 draft back in 06. After all the rehab work with all that promise just never made sense to me as Rays fan. Hamilton could had been a key player in that miracle 08 run the Rays had and possibly brought enough power to the plate to win the series against Philly. Because outside Game 4 we were only two runs from winning the game and with Hamilton's power at the plate could been enough to reserve that.
I know right? And it biting the team on the backside REPEATEDLY in 2010 and 2011.

WI the "Music City Miracle" was called as an illegal forward pass?

Jacksonville is in Super Bowl 34 against the Rams after beating Miami and Indy in the playoffs. And, I think they would have had a great shot at winning. Also, maybe that team doesn't fall off the face of the earth for the next several years.

WI The NY Titans goes bankrupt and is relocated?

Wouldn't a bankrupt Titans team have spelled doom for the AFL? If so, there is no merger, no Super Bowl, and no guarantee from Joe Willie Namath.

Wouldn't a bankrupt Titans team have spelled doom for the AFL? If so, there is no merger, no Super Bowl, and no guarantee from Joe Willie Namath.

What I mean by that is, WI instead of the five-man syndicate that bought the Titans, the team is bought by another group (from Mecom and David Dixon to Joe Robbie and whomever inbetween) and relocated outside NYC?

What I mean by that is, WI instead of the five-man syndicate that bought the Titans, the team is bought by another group (from Mecom and David Dixon to Joe Robbie and whomever inbetween) and relocated outside NYC?

I know what you mean. It's just that a lack of a NY presence may not be too beneficial, if not suicidal, for the AFL. That's all I'm saying.

What if the WWE's infamous "Plane Ride From Hell" went worse, and one of the plane's emergency doors was knocked open at 25,000 feet high by Curt Henning and Brock Lesnar during their tussle?

Modell wouldn't be recalled too badly because he aat least had the Kardiac Kids, he might even be considered as having finally started finding his way as an owner. Rutigliano wouldn't even haave been fired yet.

The question is, who gets the team? The Indians were in a bad way as far as owners, themselves, though not nearly as bad as the Cavs with Ted "No, I don't want draft picks. I have to put a sweater on when I feel a draft and wool makes me itch" Stepien. (Okay, maybe a bit long, but I wanted something like would be said by Dilbert's Pointy-Haired Boss to show his incredible aversion to keeping draft picks, trading them awaay for clunky old veterans instead.) I don't know when Al Lerner bought his 5% share in the Browns, but he almost surely would not have had the money to buy the whole teaam in 1983.

The question is, who gets the team? The Indians were in a bad way as far as owners, themselves, though not nearly as bad as the Cavs with Ted "No, I don't want draft picks. I have to put a sweater on when I feel a draft and wool makes me itch" Stepien. (Okay, maybe a bit long, but I wanted something like would be said by Dilbert's Pointy-Haired Boss to show his incredible aversion to keeping draft picks, trading them awaay for clunky old veterans instead.)

Yeah, trading away the pick that turned out to be James Worthy for a bench player named Don Ford?!? How stupid do you have to be; the Lakers must have been laughing their asses off at Ted Stepien, IMO...

To paraphrase one book about this (The Worst of Sports), the Lakers GM was probably grinning like a Cheshire cat at this...

When David Stern has to impose a rule named after you to stop the trading of high draft picks, you're bad...