Sports What Ifs.

As for Alex Smith, I have a feeling that he falls down to the Packers at 24. Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay HC at the time) said that he liked Smith, but he also said the same about Rodgers (he passed him up and took Cadillac fifth overall. Gruden has a tendency to lie, anyway). Then, after the Skins take A-Rod at 25, I see Jason Campbell falling to Cleveland in Round 2 (34th overall. I say that because they took Akron QB Charlie Frye in Round 3).
I doubt it, Smith was ranking higher that rodgers at the time, so If not Miami or tampa...washington(Earlier pic too,yeah the irony) would scop him much before the packers. Still different scenario for yourself

I doubt it, Smith was ranking higher that rodgers at the time, so If not Miami or tampa...washington(Earlier pic too,yeah the irony) would scop him much before the packers. Still different scenario for yourself

Miami may have taken him, but for some reason, I have a feeling that they don't (since they passed over A-Rod, a QB who a fair amount of people had rated ahead of Smith). And, as I said about Gruden, he expressed interest in Smith and Rodgers, but he didn't take A-Rod, and I have a feeling he doesn't take Smith, either (Gruden lies, as I said before).

You may be right about the Skins, though. They may have taken Rodgers at 9 in this world.

If in my last, ever, competitive match I had smashed Luke Wright for 6, and not getting bowled out first ball, would he have ever been picked to play for England?:biggrin:

Miami may have taken him, but for some reason, I have a feeling that they don't (since they passed over A-Rod, a QB who a fair amount of people had rated ahead of Smith). And, as I said about Gruden, he expressed interest in Smith and Rodgers, but he didn't take A-Rod, and I have a feeling he doesn't take Smith, either (Gruden lies, as I said before).

You may be right about the Skins, though. They may have taken Rodgers at 9 in this world.

Gruden is an ardent West Coast disciple, tho, and it could be that he wasn't in love with Rodgers coming out of Cal's Bear Raid spread, whereas he may end up feeling more comfortable that Smith could learn his system.

Gruden is an ardent West Coast disciple, tho, and it could be that he wasn't in love with Rodgers coming out of Cal's Bear Raid spread, whereas he may end up feeling more comfortable that Smith could learn his system.
Yeah, there was a reason why Rodgers Slip...still that show draft is always a crapshot

Speaking of the Titans, when I was watching them Saturday night with Blaine Gabbert, it took me back to the 2011 draft and the three mistakes at QB in Round 1 (Locker to TEN, Gabbert to JAX, Ponder to MIN).

Let's say those three teams took other players in Round 1 (TEN takes DT Nick Fairley, JAX takes DE Robert Quinn, and MIN takes OT Nate Solder), and the Titans take Blaine Gabbert in Round 2 (and sit him on the bench for the better part of two years behind veteran Matt Hasselbeck). Maybe Blaine would have blossomed there, and they never would have drafted Mariota.

Speaking of the Titans, when I was watching them Saturday night with Blaine Gabbert, it took me back to the 2011 draft and the three mistakes at QB in Round 1 (Locker to TEN, Gabbert to JAX, Ponder to MIN).

Let's say those three teams took other players in Round 1 (TEN takes DT Nick Fairley, JAX takes DE Robert Quinn, and MIN takes OT Nate Solder), and the Titans take Blaine Gabbert in Round 2 (and sit him on the bench for the better part of two years behind veteran Matt Hasselbeck). Maybe Blaine would have blossomed there, and they never would have drafted Mariota.
Hey don't deny us the best reaction in the story of this sport...

Still for the best they take JJ Watt as they should have.....2012....Cousins? Wilson?

What if Barkley stay at college, who the Giants take at 2?
One of three things happens. First they take Chubb as IMO he was the best player in the draft. Or they could take a replacement for Eli. Eli is cooked if this year is anything to go by but they didn't know that at the time of the draft. They would had been thinking Eli grooms the guy for a few years than they have Rodgers like QB coming off the bench. Finally they might trade that pick for more picks. This is the less likely choice as the G-men still think they could win but honestly they should when for the rebuild.

WI Marlon McCree manages to hold on to his interception against the New England Patriots? (IMO, I don't blame him for trying to score, but if he had secured the ball better, he wouldn't have fumbled it...)

WI Marlon McCree manages to hold on to his interception against the New England Patriots? (IMO, I don't blame him for trying to score, but if he had secured the ball better, he wouldn't have fumbled it...)
That was SD year but again there a big chance the colts beat them, the colts were doing anything to win tha year and they showed, even if rex grossman ended up gifting it.

That was SD year but again there a big chance the colts beat them, the colts were doing anything to win tha year and they showed, even if rex grossman ended up gifting it.

You are right. If the Chargers beat NE, they beat the Colts (they had their number back then). Then, after beating Grossman and the Bears, Schottenheimer stays for at least another year or so.

Another potential winner in this scenario: Alex Smith. Since Marty stays in SD, Turner stays in San Fran, giving Smith an offensive coordinator for two straight years.

First they take Chubb as IMO he was the best player in the draft
Nick or Bradley? Well if the Jets still trade with the colts if not they can trade with the Jets instead and would net Even more picks too

Another potential winner in this scenario: Alex Smith. Since Marty stays in SD, Turner stays in San Fran, giving Smith an offensive coordinator for two straight years.
This one could be interesting and benefit him too..

A few that I can think of:

1) What if the Saints draft Lawrence Taylor with the first overall pick in '81 and focus on defense for Archie Manning
2) What if the Saints draft Jim Kelly in '83?

3) What if the inclusion of the PCL and ML into the majors was successful?

4) What if the Pirates were successful in their move to the Superdome?

5) What if the Raiders were able to move to New Orleans in 1961?

6) What if the Redskins were relocated in order to change the name?

7) What if the Los Angeles Buccaneers were able to play in the stadium?

8) What if there was a settlement with the former Federal League and MLB before SCOTUS hearing (ASB if needed)?

9) What if the retention of team names in relocations were the norm?

10) What if baseball was a successful international sport?