Spain invaded Cambodia during the 1600s and tried to spread their faith through Cambodia and probably in the future that Buddhism would decrease while Christianity would increase in Cambodia (and Indochina) like the Philippines?

Would a huge Cambodian Rebellion occur after annexation of Cambodia or the ayutthayans would invade Spanish Cambodia?

Well, Spain was pretty good at spreading Christianity, so I’d expect at least a portion of the population to convert.

I’m no great 17th century military expert, but I think it’s important that Spain has a nearby base of operations in Manila, so rebellions would have a better chance of being put down.

The question remains, though: why would Spain conquer Cambodia in the first place?

Any Cambodian rebellion would probably get massive support from the Portuguese as it would be firmly on the Portuguese side of Tordesillas

In the 1600's, there was less interest to conquer Cambodia, Vietnam or Ayutthaya would be richer targets. Or just the Moluccas really

Philip

Donor
Any Cambodian rebellion would probably get massive support from the Portuguese as it would be firmly on the Portuguese side of Tordesillas

The Portuguese and Spanish crowns were in a dynastic union for the first half of the 17th Century.

The Portuguese and Spanish crowns were in a dynastic union for the first half of the 17th Century.
That's actually a good point. I will however point out the colonies were governed on two very separate systems with no permitted exchanges between the two