So I was reading Harry turtledoves Great war Southern victory series, I got interested in the World of the Southern victory instead of being isolated in America. So I got interested more about the Far East in a Southern Victory. First I was interested in China, who still is under the rule of the Qing. I'm gonna make a thread for the most notable East Asian nations, but China interested me the most. I had a few questions about a Southern victory China

1 Would America and the Confederates actually join sides in the Boxer rebellion and form the 9 nation alliance? Or would America support the Qing, and the Confederates and Americans would be fighting a proxy war in China?

2 Would China still participate in WW1?

3 How long would the Qing last now? Would they fall sooner, or last longer?

What's the overall state of China in a Southern victory timeline?

Discuss

The Qing might not even be in power if the South wins turtledove style; with a swift resolution to the American crisis, the British could probably afford to remain neutral during the Taiping rebellion. Without the Westerners causing all kinds of trouble in the east, Zeng Guofan's advance down the Yangtze out of the west would have much greater opposition.

The Qing might not even be in power if the South wins turtledove style; with a swift resolution to the American crisis, the British could probably afford to remain neutral during the Taiping rebellion. Without the Westerners causing all kinds of trouble in the east, Zeng Guofan's advance down the Yangtze out of the west would have much greater opposition.

I don't think the British would give up China for the Confederates. I'm sure they could do both. Once the South wins, the Qing will put down the Heavenly Kingdom at the same time. I would think however America and the Qing might be in the same bad position, they might enter into an alliance.

Would America and the Confederates actually join sides in the Boxer rebellion and form the 9 nation alliance? Or would America support the Qing, and the Confederates and Americans would be fighting a proxy war in China?

assuming the Boxers aren't butterflied away, then the US will probably be part of the anti-Boxer alliance. In fact with their influence in the Caribbean limited somewhat, the US is likely to look more towards Asia in general. The Confederates are very unlikely to take part in the Boxer Rebellion though. Unless they're wanked to extreme levels they're going to be a regional power at best, and likely not even that by 1900. Their power will likely be limited to the Caribbean, and they likely won't have the desire or ability to get their navy to China. There's very little chance that the US would allow the Confederates to exert any kind of influence in Asia in the first place, so there's no real reason for them to get involved.

However, there might still be a nine-nation alliance. With the Confederates in the mix of Caribbean politics, Spain might be seen as a partner for the US to help contain Confederate interests in the region. This could very well prevent the Spanish-American war, which means that come the Boxers Spain still has a Pacific presence and interests, and might take part as well.

assuming the Boxers aren't butterflied away, then the US will probably be part of the anti-Boxer alliance. In fact with their influence in the Caribbean limited somewhat, the US is likely to look more towards Asia in general. The Confederates are very unlikely to take part in the Boxer Rebellion though. Unless they're wanked to extreme levels they're going to be a regional power at best, and likely not even that by 1900. Their power will likely be limited to the Caribbean, and they likely won't have the desire or ability to get their navy to China. There's very little chance that the US would allow the Confederates to exert any kind of influence in Asia in the first place, so there's no real reason for them to get involved.

However, there might still be a nine-nation alliance. With the Confederates in the mix of Caribbean politics, Spain might be seen as a partner for the US to help contain Confederate interests in the region. This could very well prevent the Spanish-American war, which means that come the Boxers Spain still has a Pacific presence and interests, and might take part as well.

I was asking, because now that the Confederates won, America would be looking for as many allies as possible, even if they're not too powerful, the Qing might be a prime target. I was thinking the Confederates might send a few hundred soldiers to fight in China to cater to the British, and French, to be like (I'll fight for you, and support you in all the wars you fight) I think the Confederates and Americans fighting the same enemy might make headlines for many back home, how there still Americans despite the divide.