Southern-Less USA 2.0: A Nation Torn Apart

I voted for independence not for any logical reason, but just because as an east Tennesseean, I feel NC-TN should be united, and I also think we’d make for a fascinating country. It’s up to the vote though.

That said I have waited a long time for a Tennessee wank of sorts.
Admittedly that is a good twist, but will the poll reflect this when it's all said and done? Can't be too sure.

Also, keep in mind that unless North Carolina and Tennessee unite into a single entity, I don't believe independence is viable for either in the long term. It would most likely be a short-term solution.

Also, keep in mind that unless North Carolina and Tennessee unite into a single entity, I don't believe independence is viable for either in the long term. It would most likely be a short-term solution.
Forgot to reply to this earlier. If independence does win the vote, I’d recommend you look into the Melungeons. While small and not impactful IOTL, in a world with an independent TN and NC, they could have a much larger standing in the sparsely populated Appalachian region, and become an important group in the region as a whole. That’s your call though.

Forgot to reply to this earlier. If independence does win the vote, I’d recommend you look into the Melungeons. While small and not impactful IOTL, in a world with an independent TN and NC, they could have a much larger standing in the sparsely populated Appalachian region, and become an important group in the region as a whole. That’s your call though.
The Melungeons are something I might look into regardless, especially since most of them were in OTL Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do with a couple of states since they could really go either way, so here is a second poll within 24 hours.
Alrighty, there are two clear-cut frontrunners so there will be a tie-breaking poll between these two as there is no supermajority.

Alright, the results are in, and they will be implemented in the next update (which is next on my list) but it might come with a twist... With the Galloway Plan of Union TL on Hiatus, I think I will have more time for this one.

Last edited: