Something I've been doing recently on Darkest Hour...

Thought you might want to see this.

The year is 1898 on the North American continent.

zzz3A.png

Work still very much in progress, though I added Selfridge (weird that he wasn't in the original game) and this one guy named Custer...

zzz3D.png

Closer, but still no cigar

zzz3C.png

A nation needs people to research and improve it (that's a Bethlehem Steel mill representing Tredegar if anyone's interested)

zzz3B.png

The map. The goddamn map I spent two days on. Might still not be ready, by the way.

So yeah, my last few days have mostly consisted of working on this. I'll probably release it on the Paradox forums as soon as I get something resembling an alpha scraped together.

If you want to help, I'd be glad to accept it.

And in case you were wondering, the trouble with the map came from the fact that the E3 map I'm using has many names for the sea provinces missing. I had to use the trial and error method to put them in, but some proved to be too problematic even for that. I finally gave up and asked for help on the matter - and got an answer that solved all my problems and left me banging my head on the desk for not having figured it out myself (namely that showid reveals province ID's, making them laughably easy to include in a scenario even if they have no names).

zzz3E.png

It could be said that I got a bit sidetracked, but whatever. The idea is that if you vote Freedom in 1933 and do not dispose of Long and his Louisiana gang in time he might secede when you go to war.

I'll be waiting for this!

Hope you enjoy waiting, this could take a while.

Ran into a slight problem: the game crashes if there are no ongoing wars at the beginning of the scenario.

ZZZ3F.png

Just ignore that it says "Ciudad Trujillo" on Santo Domingo...

The solution: create a war that has absolutely no significance whatsoever. I now have a war between the Dominican Republic and Haiti going on when the scenario starts - with both having nothing but a single locked garrison at their capitals. I'll probably make a peace event once I get to that part of my work (maybe this could be the TL-191 equivalent of the Football War of '69 between El Salvador and Honduras?), but for now the two nations of Hispaniola can fight till kingdom come and not get anywhere.

Last edited:
This project has been on hiatus for a while now, partially because I still don't completely understand all the nuances Darkest Hour offers for event making. Aside from the U.S. presidential election events from 1900 to 1912 and the C.S. presidential election of 1903, this is all I've managed to put in yet:

ZZZH3.png

If only I knew how to make some decent defeat events...

My advice would be to A. to look at and possibly steal from already-extensive mods such as Kaiserreich to learn event coding, B. ask for advice from experienced modders on the Paradox forums, C. start recruiting people into the mod both here and on the Paradox forums, and D. make a to-do list and post it here and wherever your asking for help. Above all else make sure to keep working constantly. You only have to do a little a day but you need to keep at this regularly so the thing doesn't lapse and die.

NCG, you would do well to contact Faeelin - I know he was working on a TL-191 Great War mod for the game and would probably be happy to help you out.