Slavic Great Powers other than Russia and Poland

I have a fondness for Poland integrating the Wends. Dont think I've seen a timeline explore that.
Personally I'd like to see a timeline where the Wends coalesce in a state of their own, whether under the Sorbs, Obrotrites or someone else and Germanic Europe ends around the borders of what was once the DDR.

Last edited:
I have a fondness for Poland integrating the Wends. Dont think I've seen a timeline explore that.

This can happen with either a very early or a very late POD. Either Poland retains the control of Lusatia it had under Boleslaw I or it gets it from Stalin after 1945 (he wants to make Germany as small as possible, so Lusatia should go to either Poland or Czechoslovakia, and Czechoslovakia isn't sufficiently Communist-dominated for his taste until 1948).

I think that it might happen in @Talus I of Dixie 's "Muslim World" timeline.
Personally I'd like to see a timeline where the Wends coalesce in a state of their own, whether under the Sorbs, Obrotrites or someone else and Germanic Europe ends around the borders of what was once the DDR.

Heh, maybe some of them, but certainly not all the Wends :p, thanks for spreading my TL though, i do have some great plans (that will be revealed soon) for the Wends.

The development of "Sorbia" is pretty possible actually, by the 8th Century the slavs were starting the development of their own state-like polities, the Sorbs didn't develop their state probably because of the problems of being a frankish vassal, and we have some things pointing to a possible will to migrate into Thuringia, if you destroy frankish presence by the 7th-8th centuries on Germania you're certainly wanking the sorbs lmao. The Obotrites are other possibility though their position isn't really *good* for an, well, *top-notch* state.

krieger

Banned
Heh, maybe some of them, but certainly not all the Wends, thanks for spreading my TL though, i do have some great plans (that will be revealed soon) for the Wends.

The development of "Sorbia" is pretty possible actually, by the 8th Century the slavs were starting the development of their own state-like polities, the Sorbs didn't develop their state probably because of the problems of being a frankish vassal, and we have some things pointing to a possible will to migrate into Thuringia, if you destroy frankish presence by the 7th-8th centuries on Germania you're certainly wanking the sorbs lmao. The Obotrites are other possibility though their position isn't really *good* for an, well, *top-notch* state.

Well, Sorbs didn't develop their own statehood because Sorb nobility was opposed idea of princely control over them which curbed chances for their indepedent statehood. So they had good chance still to be conquered, but the most likely conquerors in your TL are Poland/Bohemia/Great Moravia.