Sir John Valentine Carden Survives. Part 2.

Not a Benghazi burner? or with water from a BV?
Armoured crews who have them use the BV, the infantry use hexi (they stopped issuing it a few years back and started using some kind of gel fuel instead) or gas stoves, anyone who can (the likes of Signals and REME who have vehicles but not usually a BV) will usually have kettles, hot plates and other luxuries to sort out rations and fresh with their issued hexi/gel if they really need to.

I doubt anyone in the British Army has used a Benghazi burner since the 60s or 70s.

Armoured crews who have them use the BV, the infantry use hexi (they stopped issuing it a few years back and started using some kind of gel fuel instead) or gas stoves, anyone who can (the likes of Signals and REME who have vehicles but not usually a BV) will usually have kettles, hot plates and other luxuries to sort out rations and fresh with their issued hexi/gel if they really need to.

I doubt anyone in the British Army has used a Benghazi burner since the 60s or 70s.
oh i know, the hex were withdrawn because they produce noxious vapours i think, the alcohol gel is much better

oh i know, the hex were withdrawn because they produce noxious vapours i think, the alcohol gel is much better
There was a wave of Coleman gas and petrol stoves a few years ago, followed by a fashion for Jetboils and their lookalikes. . A British soldier with cash in his pocket is a sucker for a new bit of kit! What, me? I use an Alpkit.

Oh, please, someone do this!
.55 Boys

It may seem odd to include a service anti-tank rifle round in an article about experimental HMG cartridges, but one Rolls- Royce MG was designed around the .55 inch. There was in fact a series of R-R aircraft guns, some recoil-operated (Type AA) and some gas-operated (Type AB), initially in 13.2×99 Hotchkiss and later in 12.7×99 (.50 BMG). There was a plan to adapt the gas-operated design to the .55 Boys ammunition under the designation Type CB. All three of these cartridges were of course dimensionally very similar, differing only in calibre and (in the case of the Boys) the addition of a belt, so switching calibres was straightforward. However, in October 1941, before the conversion to .55 could be carried out, Rolls- Royce was instructed to stop messing about with guns and focus on aircraft engines.”

Would multiple .55 Boys be a better option than the S gun in Mk 2D / Mk4 Hurricane ground attack options. Given that most attacks will be hitting lighter roof armour

Would multiple .55 Boys be a better option than the S gun in Mk 2D / Mk4 Hurricane ground attack options. Given that most attacks will be hitting lighter roof armour
Probably not, the range of the Boys would be suicidal and the 40mm had a good HE round for trucks/barges. However this is really a choice between two very poor options, OTL losses were high due to the very straight approach run needed ( no dodging possible ) and even then it only really worked on lighter tanks ( Tigers laughed ) . Rockets, due to greater range, or better still cluster bombs like the Soviets, would be my more preferred options.