Sir John Valentine Carden Survives. Part 2.

In 1941 that was November 30th. That gives them 3 more days. That might be cutting it a little tight.
Which is just about the time that Kido Butai was setting sail for Hawaii. It would probably ensure that the Japanese proceed with the attack. The end of the North African campaign means they have no more time as from now on the Allied position in S.E.A will only grow stronger,

Which is just about the time that Kido Butai was setting sail for Hawaii. It would probably ensure that the Japanese proceed with the attack. The end of the North African campaign means they have no more time as from now on the Allied position in S.E.A will only grow stronger,
Yep, especially if Weygand throws in with the British.

There was little of no information about German tank development, but the chances were that a ‘Panzer V’ would arrive at some point. It could be expected to have armour something like the French B1-Bis or the Matilda II and Valiant.

Oh your poor unfortunate soul...the Panzer V has much better armor than a B1 or the Matilda II and Valiant...

Oh your poor unfortunate soul...the Panzer V has much better armor than a B1 or the Matilda II and Valiant...
That assumes its the OTL version , it could be the DB version or even a tank at the bottom of the design weight criteria ( so 30t rather than 45t final OTL design )

That assumes its the OTL version , it could be the DB version or even a tank at the bottom of the design weight criteria ( so 30t rather than 45t final OTL design )
DB had the same armor since this was fixed by the requirements. So if it's less armor than OTL it has to be the 2nd option.

Would it matter much either way? More armour might make it harder to kill, but it also makes it less reliable.

DB had the same armor since this was fixed by the requirements. So if it's less armor than OTL it has to be the 2nd option.
OTL the Panther was designed to combat the T-34 , ITTL it may be designed to counter the Valiant. It could therefore be in service quicker but would almost certainly be lighter.
I'd also note the DB design is listed in my books as weighing in at 35t which does not seem to fit with having the same armour since I cannot see how they could lope 10t off the weight and keep all the armour.

OTL the Panther was designed to combat the T-34 , ITTL it may be designed to counter the Valiant. It could therefore be in service quicker but would almost certainly be lighter.
I'd also note the DB design is listed in my books as weighing in at 35t which does not seem to fit with having the same armour since I cannot see how they could lope 10t off the weight and keep all the armour.
So less heavily armoured, but OTOH, probably more reliable.

So less heavily armoured, but OTOH, probably more reliable.

If its a VK 30.01 DB; the armor will be the same, but the tank will be much lighter; only 35-tons compared to the Panther's 45-tons. So the DB is bound to be more reliable than the OTL Panther anyways by dint of being 10-tons lighter while maintaining similar armor thickness to the Panther frontally. Due to its lighter weight, it also won't consume as much metal as a Panther...benefits of the slightly lighter tank go on and on.

If its a VK 30.01 DB; the armor will be the same, but the tank will be much lighter; only 35-tons compared to the Panther's 45-tons. So the DB is bound to be more reliable than the OTL Panther anyways by dint of being 10-tons lighter while maintaining similar armor thickness to the Panther frontally. Due to its lighter weight, it also won't consume as much metal as a Panther...benefits of the slightly lighter tank go on and on.
Okay, how do you trim 10 ton without affecting the armour thickness? The only way I can see it is making the whole tank smaller, which will affect it in other ways.

Okay, how do you trim 10 ton without affecting the armour thickness? The only way I can see it is making the whole tank smaller, which will affect it in other ways.
You could also fiddle with the gun, mounting, crew numbers, ammo storage, drive train, delete the cupola, and so on. If you manage to shave a few tonnes off here and there, it would add up.

The source refers to the DB vehicle specs BEFORE it was built. The MAN also had that weight at this stage.

But neither the actual built vehicles ever got this light. DB was well over 40 tonnes. You guys got unfortunately trolled by Germany grossly underestimating the weight these tanks would have when built.