Shatner in cage.pike in w.n.m.g.b

claybaskit

Gone Fishin'
question about star trek.What if William Shatner acted in first trek piolet then Jeffrey Hunter did the piolet that took off?

we would loose a lifetime of all the overly animated method acting jokes, and the priceline commercials, this mean that priceline would grow by 90000% and purchase expedia, google, ebay and apple computer and rule the world!

(A plea to the Mods: If this gets moved, please do not move it to Fiction AH, since that's all in-universe topics and the assorted insanity therein. If this were set in the universe, then yes. But it is a real world production topic, which is distinct. If need be, we should open a door to discussion on this, as I had thought the separation of Fiction AH and Media and Fandom was to separate in-universe discussion from out-of-universe/real world production discussion.)

It depends on the reasons for Shatner leaving the production and Jeffrey Hunter choosing to join, and then remaining with it. Shatner was more open to the series. Hunter was not, and his wife intervened to keep him from returning for a second pilot, and he went off to do the films he did, before unfortunately passing away as a result of an accident I believe in 1969. In terms of the series, Jeff Hunter's characterization was different in the same sort of way that say Eric Stoltz created a different Marty McFly. It was much more sullen and serious, whereas Shatner infused his characterization with a much needed dynamism and charisma. This in turn lead Leonard Nimoy to take Spock into the character of the serious counterpoint. I would imagine that the series would take on the tone of something more like Twilight Zone in terms of its seriousness, or any assortment of other anthology television. Not to say the series was camp and goofy...other than season 3. But there was a levity and it allowed for humor. Frankly, a lack of humor in the series could impact later science fiction, such as Star Wars, which has a major impact on the genre and film.