Shadow of Fashoda

Well, you did say that Bulgaria declared their independence. But I think with any outside help it would be impossible for them to keep it. Did they side with the quadruple alliance during the Great War ?

Bulgaria was a self-governing vassal since 1878. I dount the Ottomans would be willing to go to war to re-vassalize Bulgaria.

I revised a few things and added some details. (thanks to the person who made the base map) Here's the map:

Shadow of Fashoda.png

Bulgaria was a self-governing vassal since 1878. I dount the Ottomans would be willing to go to war to re-vassalize Bulgaria.

I revised a few things and added some details. (thanks to the person who made the base map) Here's the map:

They absolutely would if there is no German and/or Britain to back the Bulgarians. And I don't know why should the British and Germans guarantee Bulgarian independence. Better to ask AHP on this matter:) or have you asked him already and he said OK ?

Aside of that, that map is nnnnniiiiiicccceeeee:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: I'll thank the base-map's creator as well ;):):cool: !

corourke

Donor
One thing that might bear revising is the OTL border of Libya, I don't know if it would have been adjusted in this timeline, and if it were, I doubt the borders would be exactly the same.

Anyway, the map looks good, and this timeline is also looking very interesting. The Ottomans are in an extremely good position here re: oil and investments, and it seems to me that it's quite possible that a coalition would develop to break their monopoly on the stuff, if they've managed to secure such a monopoly.

One thing that might bear revising is the OTL border of Libya, I don't know if it would have been adjusted in this timeline, and if it were, I doubt the borders would be exactly the same.

Anyway, the map looks good, and this timeline is also looking very interesting. The Ottomans are in an extremely good position here re: oil and investments, and it seems to me that it's quite possible that a coalition would develop to break their monopoly on the stuff, if they've managed to secure such a monopoly.

Then again, look again at the map and see the surrounding of the Ottoman territory. I don't believe OE will just going to be an Anglo-German milk cow, but OE just won't going to antagonize the Brits and Germans unless OE is more super in everything than them already... which will take a quite considerable time at best.

Yes, I considered revising the southern Libyan border. I don't think the British would want southern Libya. The shape of the border doesn't matter, I believe, because it's all desert and oases.

Last edited:
To go with my map editing here's a timeline edit/clarification. The only thing I changed was the part about Posen.

In 1925, Erwin Schrödinger and Werner Heisenberg formulate quantum mechanics. Courland, Lithuania, Austria, the Sudetenland and western Austrian Silesia are incorporated into the German Empire. Bohemia (including Czech Silesia), the United Baltic Duchy, the Ukraine (including Ruthenia and Eastern Galicia), Poland (including Western Galicia, the Polish majority areas of the province of Posen, and eastern Austrian Silesia), and Belarus are created as German vassals. Italy incorporates Southern Tyrol and Istria. Italy establishes Slovenia and Croatia as vassals. China builds a railway linking Xinjang and Sichuan.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I think I'm going to use something different to represent sphere of influence. Sphere of influence should be indicated differently than vassal state. Anyway, Japan only has sphere of influence in part of Manchuria, not all of it. That's what I meant before. Sorry I wasn't clear, left that out.

It used to be represented on maps by /// type of colouring/shading

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Susano

Banned
I'm doing Susano !

:eek::eek::eek:

:p

Actualyl, youre not uisng Susanoist mapping, but UCS mapping. In my map standard, the influenced countries would be outlined in the colour of the influencing nation - whereas in UCS mapping, they have the colour of the influencing nation but are outlined with their own (usually white) colour.

Which is what you have done, so, yeah, thats UCS, not Susanoism ;)

In mid 1923, German, Ottoman, Romanian and Italian forces invade Austria-Hungary. The Germans invade the German-majority speaking areas and Bohemia. The Italians invade the Adriatic coast. The Romanians invade Bukovina and Transylvania. The Ottomans invade Bosnia. The Austrians are overwhelmed. By early 1924, the collapse of Austria-Hungary is complete.
Wait what? Why would Germany backstab its ally so its enemies gain land? Of course, Germany could intervene to salvage as much as still possible, but in this case I think the result would have been quite different. For one, I think they would have taken all of Cisleithania, including the Carniola (Slovenia, de facto), including access to the Adria (though not at the point where modern Slovenia has). And then, I dont think theyd allow Trnasylvania,with its sizeable Hungarian and German minorities to fall into Romanian hands. Same for the Voyvodina/Banat, really. And who would really stand up for Slovakian independance? I do think Hungary would more or less remain territorially intact, at worst lose Slovakia only (and that wouldnt even be all modern Slovakia as its south is Hungarian settled)

/E: Nevermind, read teh map wrong. Soem criciticisms stricken ;)
Though I still do think in dividing the colonies GB gets a share hugaely advantageous to it, compared to Germanys...

Last edited:
After some editing here's Map 1.1:
Even though i like the darker colours, i think it is too hard to see the difference between the Dutch and the darker British territories. It is hard to see if Indonesia belongs to Australia or the Netherlands is a British dominion (unless I missed something and that is exactly what happened, in that case the colours are perfect).

/E: Nevermind, read teh map wrong. Soem criciticisms stricken ;)
Though I still do think in dividing the colonies GB gets a share hugaely advantageous to it, compared to Germanys...

:rolleyes:

Which criticisms still stand?

Even though i like the darker colours, i think it is too hard to see the difference between the Dutch and the darker British territories. It is hard to see if Indonesia belongs to Australia or the Netherlands is a British dominion (unless I missed something and that is exactly what happened, in that case the colours are perfect).

Yes, I know. Netherlands and Indonesia are orangey. British dominions are pinky.

Oh I forgot to recolour Lesotho and Swaziland.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek:

:p

Actualyl, youre not uisng Susanoist mapping, but UCS mapping. In my map standard, the influenced countries would be outlined in the colour of the influencing nation - whereas in UCS mapping, they have the colour of the influencing nation but are outlined with their own (usually white) colour.

Which is what you have done, so, yeah, thats UCS, not Susanoism ;)

You beat me there, Hessian :p, but that's okay ;) I'm a loyal member of the UCS faction anyway.... :):cool: