Shadow of Fashoda

I'm bad with details. I'll post another map eventually.

Shadow of Fashoda1928.png

Based on the current version on the wiki (see my sig), I was wondering if I should modify things vis a vis Egypt, South America other under-referenced regions. Should the Tajiks outside "Russian Central Asia" join Afghanistan, stay in the Sultanate of Turkestan, or something else? Should I modify British Tibet?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always under the impression that Norway being pro-Britain and Sweden being pro-Germany was one major reason for the dissolution of the Norwegian-Swedish Union.

So I'm just wondering whether this split would still occur with Germany and Britain being allies.

abc123

Banned
Well, I as a virtual citizen of Austro- Hungary, somohow don't think that Germany would allow of breakup of its most faithful ally- Austro- Hungary.
They most probably would pressed the Hungarians to renew Ausgleich or else...
;)

Well, I as a virtual citizen of Austro- Hungary, somohow don't think that Germany would allow of breakup of its most faithful ally- Austro- Hungary.
They most probably would pressed the Hungarians to renew Ausgleich or else...
;)

Really? If it ensured German dominance on the continent, and a greater Kaiserreich, why wouldn't they split up Austria-Hungary? It just means one less nation to worry about in the future.

Really? If it ensured German dominance on the continent, and a greater Kaiserreich, why wouldn't they split up Austria-Hungary? It just means one less nation to worry about in the future.

But Austria-Hungary is a German ally. That's like saying if Canada balkanized then the US would have one less nation to worry about.

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
I think if Germany could absorb Austria and make an ally of Hungary then it would be advantageous for them. It would not be advantageous if any part of Austria-Hungary ended up being opposed to to them

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Eurofed

Banned
But Austria-Hungary is a German ally. That's like saying if Canada balkanized then the US would have one less nation to worry about.

If Canada balkanized, and the USA saw an option to solve the situation for good by annexing Ontario, the Maritimes, and western Canada, setting up independent Quebec as a satisfied and loyal ally, and giving Labrador and NFL to Britain, making a main ally happier, it would be sorely tempted to do so instead of wasting its energies to defend the status quo and a useless instable "ally" that can't seemingly stand on its own.

Last edited:
I think if Germany could absorb Austria and make an ally of Hungary then it would be advantageous for them. It would not be advantageous if any part of Austria-Hungary ended up being opposed to to them

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

That's what I was thinking. If the Germans propped up numerous other nations in the Balkans then they'd have numerous allies and trade partners rather than one big one that they have to fund to hold together.

abc123

Banned
If Canada balkanized, and the USA saw an option to solve the situation for good by annexing Ontario, the Maritimes, and western Canada, setting up independent Quebec as a satisfied and loyal ally, and giving Labrador and NFL to Britain, making a main ally happier, it would be sorely tempted to do so instead of wasting its energies to defend the status quo and a useless instable "ally" that can't seemingly stand on its own.

Yes, but Quebec dont give a shit for american plans and ideas.
Same with Hungary. They are not intrested in German plans. And Germany dont need Hungary as a ally against Serbia or Romania, it needs them as allies against Russia or France... all of them states wich Hungary dont wants to piss off...
;)

Eurofed

Banned
Same with Hungary. They are not intrested in German plans. And Germany dont need Hungary as a ally against Serbia or Romania, it needs them as allies against Russia or France... all of them states wich Hungary dont wants to piss off...
;)

Given that Hungary also already fought WWI, and won, this statement is incomprehensible.

It's funny to get all these comments after I took the tl out of my sig.

Just to be clear to new readers, the up to date tl is on the wiki.

NB: I'm going to have a new map made.

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

But Austria-Hungary wasn't opposed to Germany and showed no signs of being anything but a loyal German ally. Plus Hungary would be far weaker then Austria-Hungary and Germany will practically be forced to occupy the Balkans just to enforce it's influence in the region while just propping up Austria-Hungary would be far easier in comparison.

How would annexing British colonies/dominions make Britain happy? And why would Britain be happy with having colonies that were so poor in OTL that by the second referendum Britain refused to take them back?