Sexual Roleplay Thread?

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by frustrated progressive, Jun 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

1. frustrated progressive Insert Witticism Here

Traffic,Heat,Crime,Poverty, Still Paradise (LA)
    Some fellows and I from the Fetish thread are interested in a more formal way to do sexual role play, and are wondering whether we could create a thread for the purpose. A complication is that many people, including me, have fantasies that would be impossible or frowned upon in real life. I propose adopting the same general guidelines as in the Fetish thread itself. Namely, courtesy and respect, and a cast-iron distinction between play and the real world. With this caveat, would creating such a thread be acceptable?

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Wouldn't such private role-playing be better done in a private and direct / interactive chat, such as Skype?

3. Joshuapooleanox King of Naples, Duke of Savoy, Prince of Romagna

A discord could work easily.

4. Generaloberst Götterdämmerung

This shouldn't be allowed at all. This is a site where there are children who use it regularly. Please keep this stuff to yourself.

5. Lalli Well-Known Member

This site is PG-13 so there hardly can do much with sex things. Might be better play such roleplays such sites which might be more allowable.

6. Burton K Wheeler Moderator Moderator

Please DO NOT DO THIS on this forum. Coordinate it privately, go on Discord, but this is a history board, not a sex roleplay board.

7. frustrated progressive Insert Witticism Here

Very well. Would you mind if I delete this thread?

8. fluttersky ~ᴍeʀmᴀiᴅ iɴ a seᴀ oғ aɴoᴍiᴇ~

I'm not sure why you would want this thread to be deleted; it serves as a useful archive so that future members who have a similar question to you can see the moderation team's stance on this issue.

Commissar From Kiev and Zagan like this.
  9. Burton K Wheeler Moderator Moderator

No, I'm not going to delete it, because you asked a moderation question and I answered.

I'd like to reiterate that I'd prefer recruiting for any sexual roleplay offsite be done in private. I really don't want to see this board turn into some kind of fetish chat place. You seem to already know who you'd like to roleplay with, right?

10. frustrated progressive Insert Witticism Here

Yes. Thanks for clearing this up. I just thought that, since the fetishes thread was ok, this might be as well. I was never really confident that it would be approved, I'll set it up offsite.

As for why I wanted to delete this, it is rather embarrassing to lobby for such an adult thread and have the mod team say no; I don't want to get the reputation of the local pervert. But, if you think that this is a moderation question, I withdraw my request.

16kindelbergerry likes this.
  11. Burton K Wheeler Moderator Moderator

This is less an "against the rules" statement and more a "this isn't the site for that". We've had chat threads about sex and sexuality before, it's a perfectly valid topic to discuss.

12. frustrated progressive Insert Witticism Here

Ok.