Seven Days to the River Rhine: the Third World War - a TL

November 11, 2023 was the 40th anniversary of the conclusion of Able Archer. Here ITTL, it'll be remembered as the day the world ended.

Or ratherly the day when old civilisation ended. World is still existing.

And probably people have not any good saying about Reagan nor these Kremlin idiots who just escalated things more and more. Just wondering how Europe and North America are now. Australia, Brazil and Japan are probably big players now. USA is basically mid-level player and not sure if anyone really trust to USA taking that it allowed this all to happen.

Or ratherly the day when old civilisation ended. World is still existing.

And probably people have not any good saying about Reagan nor these Kremlin idiots who just escalated things more and more. Just wondering how Europe and North America are now. Australia, Brazil and Japan are probably big players now. USA is basically mid-level player and not sure if anyone really trust to USA taking that it allowed this all to happen.
The Southern Hemisphere is doing better, just like in 1983: Doomsday. Japan surprisingly recovered well despite being hammered by Soviet nuclear weapons. I think it helps that the majority of the JMSDF and the remnants of the U.S. 7th Fleet were dispersed at sea at the start of the tensions. It ensured these ships would survive while their bases in Yokosuka, Sasebo, Maizuru, and Kure were hit. Post-war, the Japan has the most powerful navy in East Asia.

Might be slight necro, but just read through the timeline and wow it looks very good! With TTL’s internet being 1990s-level I wonder if something like Wikipedia still came to exist (because I’m itching now to make a wiki box of TTL’s WW3 and maybe a fake screencap of a WW4 thing lol)

Would Israel actually let Iraq get away with having nuclear weapons? They'd nuke them first before that happens.
I'm amazed Uday was given the post. Knowing this monster is known to crash official functions of the embassies of other countries and pickup women there. Even Saddam was appalled by his son's behavior. An evil dictator as Saddam was, at least he has standards.
TBF Saddam did a lousy job in holding Qusay accountable. His son found ways to get back to his old ways due to his dad's inefficient punishments.

Might be slight necro, but just read through the timeline and wow it looks very good! With TTL’s internet being 1990s-level I wonder if something like Wikipedia still came to exist (because I’m itching now to make a wiki box of TTL’s WW3 and maybe a fake screencap of a WW4 thing lol)

Even whole Internet would be completely different. So even if some Wikipedia equal site is existing it is proably pretty different from OTL.

Wikipedia's founder may have died or pursued a different field. I still believe a similar equivalent would come up.

Wikipedia's founder may have died or pursued a different field. I still believe a similar equivalent would come up.

Depends whether founders were near of targets during the war or not. At least they probably weren't drafted yet at this point. But it is pretty likely they never meet each others.

But yes, almost certainly there would be something similar.