Serbo-Bulgarian war 1885, Bulgaria takes Pirot

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
As the Title says, is there a way of how Bulgaria could take Pirot from the serbians after the war?
I know the Austrian issued an Ultimatum, but is it possible to actually negotiate a peace, maybe with russian support, with the transfer of the province to the Bulgarian state? or is it ASB?

If this happens, does that mean that Alexander Battenberg gets to keep his throne?

For who doens't know, the interested Area is the yellow one in the image below( target of the bulgarian aim to reclaim the lands lost to the treaty of santo stefano)

1596011854726.png

* bump* some opinions pls?
(People tend to look down on self bumps, try not to do it if possible)
To your point, in theory, Bulgaria could try to press its claims by using the borders of the ottoman Bulgarian Exarchate (left picture). Also at this early of date, it looks like the Bulgarians may have an argument to make ethnically because in the 1880 ethnic map it looks like the Bulgarians have a decent sized population in the area (center picture) (click on the link for higher resolution picture) if it was later on it becomes more difficult as the Bulgarians seem to lose their demographic edge in the territory based on the 1911 ethnic map (right pictuer)
1596510697939.png
1596510901368.png
1596511160483.png

(article)
(higher resolution picture left)
(higher resolution picture center)
(higher resolution picture right)

Last edited:
it looks like the Bulgarians may have had an argument to make ethnically because in the 1870 ethnic map it looks like the Bulgarians have a decent sized population in the area (center picture) (click on the link for higher resolution picture) if it was later on it becomes more difficult as the Bulgarians seem to lose their demographic edge in the territory based on the 1911 ethnic map (right pictuer)
Not sure how many of those people actually "identify" as being Bulgarian... or Serbian... line between those nationa at that time was kinda blured I guess, so you could probably claim these areas as ethnicaly bulgarian but serbian as well