Status
Not open for further replies.
What a start for this war! But the worst is to come...barking like dogs and it will hit hard like a stone.
And now I want to know where you got this.
My researches says it's from the movie "Alita: Battle Angel".
(I really need to read the manga first than watch this movie)

That's bloody, as the AfD are winning at this point I assume they've inflicted similar of greater levels of destruction on the Pact plus the Chinese nuclear attacks.

Between the AfD and the Chinese and the numerous number of pissed off neutral countries and possible defections of now angry and enraged former allys I dont see the pact 'winning' this. Expecially with their inate built in weakness's.

Within a few days of the start of hostilities the Moon was under the firm control of Chief of Lunar Operations Annette Dufour,
So we get a name huh... I suspect she will be rather important post-war.
. As the Societist aerospace defense withered Chinese bombers began appearing over Japanese cities to deploy “the Cruelest Situation” in anger for the first time against Kyoto, Edo, Taihoku, Osaka, Nagoya, Kobe, Yokohama, and three dozen major military and industrial targets. A lesser Chinese nuclear offensive also occurred against important Russian cities, military bases, and troop concentrations in East Turkestan and Siberia involving nineteen warheads.
But Jesus Christ, the Japanese really got glassed within the first few weeks of the war before they could even do anything. China ain't fucking around
No kidding. China's EDIT: Japan is basically been hopelessly mangled BEFORE the Stone Dogs hit. They'll be impotent and rotting pretty soon. Sounds like Japan didn't manage to get any boots on the ground in Siberia before Stone Dogs hit, so that'll help the AFD in the east, Russia just needs to be contained.

Still, it seems they've spent a rather large portion of their nuclear stockpile on Russia and Japan, which will mean not much will be left to drop on Drakia :(

How quickly, if at all, can China ramp production up of instant sunrise?
Still, policies advocated for by medical experts and implemented by national governments- even if they were implemented poorly or just in part- would ultimately save hundreds of millions of lives.
Almost as many lives saved as the Pact has people. That's off to a good start.

EDIT: La Plata and Scandinavia's nat 20 have already been mentioned in text. I'm curious how Burma and the Pact's crits will play out.

Last edited:
As the Societist aerospace defense withered Chinese bombers began appearing over Japanese cities to deploy “the Cruelest Situation” in anger for the first time against Kyoto, Edo, Taihoku, Osaka, Nagoya, Kobe, Yokohama, and three dozen major military and industrial targets.
In what the Einstein of JB's WW2.3 would call "history correcting itself or what 11.22.63's Al Templeton would call "history striking back", Japan is hit first by nuclear weapons.

So we get a name huh... I suspect she will be rather important post-war.
She's probably going to be the seniormost AfD officer left after Stone Dogs finishes.
No kidding. China's basically been hopelessly mangled BEFORE the Stone Dogs hit. They'll be impotent and rotting pretty soon. Sounds like Japan didn't manage to get any boots on the ground in Siberia before Stone Dogs hit, so that'll help the AFD in the east, Russia just needs to be contained.
Uh?
Still, it seems they've spent a rather large portion of their nuclear stockpile on Russia and Japan, which will mean not much will be left to drop on Drakia :(
I count 62 out of "roughly a hundred hiroshima-sized bombs". 38 bombs left.

That's 570 kilotons of boom where Drakia now has none. Not exactly not much.

In practice because the governments of the non-Drakian members of the Pact were not briefed on the Stone Dogs Project or the significance of the new vaccines (which were presented as protection against more common, less noteworthy diseases), the only countries that took the Stone Dogs vaccinations seriously were Drakia, its puppets in Portugal and Sardinia, and Russia, with Rhomania and Japan being significantly more lackadaisical in their implementation (distance and a shortage of doses also meant that Japan was provided with fewer vaccines to begin with).
Well, this is definitely going to fuck up and fracture the Pact in the future. I realize secrecy was absolutely essential, but I imagine there had to have been some way that Dart could have done more to at least hint about the seriousness of these vaccines. Certainly, Kobold would have done a better job of protecting his allies.
The Final War began on November 13, 1981.
This is going to be the most depressing Thanksgiving in this America's history. Well, until next year’s when millions start dropping dead from the plague. On the bright side though, at least, people can’t blame this war on broken furniture in the Middle East.
It was in late March that the dying began in earnest.
It's going to be interesting to see what the symptoms of the Stone Dog plague look like. I imagine even those who survive might suffer from permanent crippling side effects. It would certainly fit in with the Handicapping that Drakia did during the Great Patriotic War.

MaxGerke01

Banned
To me it would make sense if the Rhomanians and the Japanese saw themselves in the role of the remaining inferiors in Atlas who are killed off by the plague in The Final Society novel. It will be hard for them to forgive and forget that when it comes to their relationship with the Drakians....

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
Its interesting that the Republicans/Nationalists/Populists manage to be multiracial and racist at the same time.I guess it goes to show that in a sense the USA is like the Drakians in the sense that in some peoples eyes there are Honorary Whites (ie white ethnics,Native Americans and Hispanics) who fit the American bill and others (African Americans and Asians) who dont. Thats one aspect of this alternate USA that is depressingly familiar...

Last edited:
I know this won't be discussed in the TL, but I concur that the Greenhouse Effect must have been bad enough already to do this:

I think Global CO2 is less than OTL's 1980's, only four billion people on Earth.

I don't think it's less, while there are only 4 billion people the world is overall a lot more industrialised, plus you've got the catastrophe of the Congo Sea, but I also doubt it's much more than OTL.

I don't think it's less, while there are only 4 billion people the world is overall a lot more industrialised, plus you've got the catastrophe of the Congo Sea, but I also doubt it's much more than OTL.
Wars and its devastation had been way larger though since the industralisation Last Crusade made from the late 1850's happened. Those factories, those additional weapons, those additional vessels and aircraft, and those razed cities and forests, must have contributed more per capita than it had ever been IOTL.

Wars and its devastation had been way larger though since the industralisation Last Crusade made from the late 1850's happened. Those factories, those additional weapons, those additional vessels and aircraft, and those razed cities and forests, must have contributed more per capita than it had ever been IOTL.

The ash from razed cities will lower rather than raise global temperatures and a forest destroyed in fighting will regrow fast. A rainforest cleared for farmland to feed people won't. 3 billion less people and a lot less subsistence farmers means there will have been far less deforestation.

As the Societist aerospace defense withered Chinese bombers began appearing over Japanese cities to deploy “the Cruelest Situation” in anger for the first time against Kyoto, Edo, Taihoku, Osaka, Nagoya, Kobe, Yokohama, and three dozen major military and industrial targets.
Seems like Japan being the first country to get nuked is a multiversal constant.

As the Societist aerospace defense withered Chinese bombers began appearing over Japanese cities to deploy “the Cruelest Situation” in anger for the first time against Kyoto, Edo, Taihoku, Osaka, Nagoya, Kobe, Yokohama, and three dozen major military and industrial targets.​
Ironically Nagasaki and Hiroshima were spared from a nuclear bombing.
Seems like Japan being the first country to get nuked is a multiversal constant.
Unless your TL-191, where Japan is the only one who doesn't get nuked out of the major powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.