Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously they were too weak and insufficiently committed to the cause of the Final Society (or in the case of Japan, too racially inferior) and need to eugenics harder amirite
I am sure Rhomania and Japan will be buying this excuse. Totally not going to see riots and demonstrations in Constantinople and Tokyo by angry citizens mad that large portions of their population, including people they knew in person and were close to, are dead because of their allies. /s

I am sure Rhomania and Japan will be buying this excuse. Totally not going to see riots and demonstrations in Constantinople and Tokyo by angry citizens mad that large portions of their population, including people they knew in person and were close to, are dead because of their allies. /s

"What are you even getting so mad about, it's just a bunch of inferiors that died. If anything you should be rejoicing because surviving is proof that you're superior."

"Look at Russia they're doing perfectly fine because they did ethnic cleansing beforehand"

Obviously they were too weak and insufficiently committed to the cause of the Final Society (or in the case of Japan, too racially inferior) and need to eugenics harder amirite

"look we were doing you a service by weeding out the inferiors get over it already"

somehow I get the feeling that will go over real well with people
Yeah, people will be absolutely convinced by this, sure. I wonder if the governments would even LET people know that Drakia Is responsible, though.
"Inferior propaganda has been using this horrible pandemic to blame Drakia and perfidiously attack us. Trust the government while we strive to protect our Superior nation."

"What are you even getting so mad about, it's just a bunch of inferiors that died. If anything you should be rejoicing because surviving is proof that you're superior."
I am sure that people will certainly not view the death of their family and friends that way.

I haven't even thought of how the pact may fracture from this impact. Probably not immediately, and Romania might hold together since they've been societist for a while (plus they're sandwiched between Russia and Drakia, who'll object strongly to absconding). But Japan, who are on a less tight leash and aren't even actually societist? And gets hit by Stone Dogs worse than China and many of their other former colonies? AND are probably going to have severe blockade problems even before their 33% casualties? Given the premise that rolling a 10 means the national government barely holds power? They'll be bailing really quick I bet.

"Actually nevermind perhaps being a junior partner in East Asian cooperation isn't so bad. C'mon China please kill those genocidal maniacs for us?"

I expect that before the Stone Dogs kick in that any Drakian invasion of Europe will not go well though, the Allience is strong there and Italy won't fall for the same trick twice.

Speaking of free Europe....
Did well: Scandinavia (nat 20!), Netherlands, Lithuania, Ireland
Did OK: Poland, Italy, Croatia
Hopeless: Hungary, Germany, France, Czech, Britain

Yup, this situation is absolutely boned. If Scandinavia gives military aid also the Netherlands might remain a toehold on the mainland, but Lithuania is going to have a BAD time and while Ireland can be defended by the US Navy, it's not going to be an offensive springboard for a while.

EDIT: How integrated are the Finns into Scandinavia? Here's hoping they can pull some Winter War-tier humiliation of the Russians.

-Given that the Pact has 6 members someone better at probability than me can work out what the odds of just one of them rolling a 1 were.
Given the pact has 6 members, if I'm not mistaken the probability of none of them rolling a nat 1 is EDIT: (19/20)^6 = 73.5%, so the odds of at least one of them getting a fumble were 26.5%

Last edited:
And gets hit by Stone Dogs worse than China and many of their other former colonies?
On the "bright side", East Asia, which brought down their empire, got hit harder than they did. Assuming East Asia had a population of 200 million, 60 million are still alive due to the 70% death toll from the Stone Dogs.

Last edited:
I can only say that we haven't even gotten to the effect of the Stone Dogs in the Narrative (besides the interlude introducing them) and already its effects are almost to horrible to describe.

I can only say that we haven't even gotten to the effect of the Stone Dogs in the Narrative (besides the interlude introducing them) and already its effects are almost to horrible to describe.
And the same thing about it being almost too horrible to describe could be said of the retaliation once the Alliance and China have realized what had been unleashed upon them considering that China has the Ruyi Jingu Bang,

Yeah, people will be absolutely convinced by this, sure. I wonder if the governments would even LET people know that Drakia Is responsible, though.
"Inferior propaganda has been using this horrible pandemic to blame Drakia and perfidiously attack us. Trust the government while we strive to protect our Superior nation."
Yeah, Rhomania and Japan need to ensure that the fact that their own allies killed large swathes of their people is covered up. Fast.

Seems likely that victory may prove to be the Drakians’s undoing. Their allies in the Pact of Blood, even the ones who survived mostly intact, have probably lost all trust in Aurica. I mean, they didn’t even get a warning. And what if next time the Archon decides that they don’t get the vaccines? That man is crazy.
Also, keep in mind that, even in victory, the Drakians are most likely heavily overextended. The Bonded, the Honorary Whites, they all may just be terrified enough to rebel. Even the Citizens may start to wonder if they’re going to be replaced with those Drakensis kids. And the slightest act of rebellion will set off Archon Dart; he can’t afford to look weak. He’s got people watching him, waiting to see if he’s gone soft.
That’s the thing about being the hard man who makes hard choices; there’s always someone who thinks that they could be harder.
This entire timeline has been about what would happen if the Draka didn’t have plot armor, and the consequences of their actions actually affected them. I think that’s what we’re going to see here, and I for one can’t wait.

All I say was people telling me to reroll not that.
That was because we wanted you to at least consider rerolling. We also were trying to tell you your mistake. Unfortunately, you ignored us, and now you're ignoring evidence that you were the one that doomed America.

You have made your choice.
Now, live with it.

That was because we wanted you to at least consider rerolling. We also were trying to tell you your mistake. Unfortunately, you ignored us, and now you're ignoring evidence that you were the one that doomed America.

You have made your choice.
Now, live with it.

I accepted I doomed America when the creator told me yesterday I didn't know I doomed it at the time. All I heard was I wouldn't like what would happen I didn't know exactly what he meant.

So I checked the SufficientVelocity thread. Apparently a rule of thumb is that if a QM explicitly offers you a re-roll, you should always take it.

Welp, lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.