Second Battle of Panipat ends in Hemu victory

VVD0D95

Banned
For those of you who don't know the Second Battle of Panipat was fought between the forces of Akbar, the Mughal Claimant to the throne of India, and Hemu Vikramaditya, who had crowned himself Emperor of Hindustan a month before the battle occurred.

Now, otl, the battle was going in Hemu's favour before he took an arrow to the eye that wounded him, and caused him to leave the field, following his departure, his army broke and Akbar ended up winning, and the rest as they say is history.

But what if Hemu never takes an arrow to the eye and instead remains on the field leading his men to victory?

Now, there are two ways for this to play out, either Hemu is able to capture Bairam Khan and Akbar, in which case, I imagine both men will be executed and the Mughal cause is dead in the water or, Akbar and Bairam Khan manage to flee to Kabul, in which case Hemu may need to go to Kabul to finish them off again.

Let's say that option one happens, Bairam Khan and Akbar are captured and executed. The Mughal cause is on the rocks, does Hemu advance onto Kabul to bring Afghanistan firmly onto his side?

If so, does this provide him with a more solid base of support? Especially as from what I can work out, the Afghan soldiers and nobles who'd initially joined him had become quite loyal to him over the course of his campaigns.

The other issue is of course Adil Shah Suri, who otl didn't die until 1557. One imagines that here Hemu would need to see him removed to ensure that he doesn't face any issues.

Once he's done that I imagine he'll turn his attention to the Rajputs, perhaps using marriage to ensure they remain loyal.

Your thoughts as always are welcome :)

For more info on Panipat:

Well, one obvious knock-on is a great reduction in Moslem influence in India over the next few hundred years. Hemu was a not a Hindu religious militant, and Akbar was famously broad-minded himself, but surely it makes a difference who is at the political top in India.

VVD0D95

Banned
Well, one obvious knock-on is a great reduction in Moslem influence in India over the next few hundred years. Hemu was a not a Hindu religious militant, and Akbar was famously broad-minded himself, but surely it makes a difference who is at the political top in India.

I agree, I think we'd probably see less dominance of Persian and Turkmen Muslims, perhaps some Afghan Muslims getting influence, but also, if Hemu brings the Rajputs onside, I think they'd likely be prominent in government.

Hemu was not a hindu militant because he needed an Afghan Muslim noble help against mughal but he also a continuously increasing number of Hindus in his army that's why when he proclaimed his sovereignty in 1565 in Delhi he used the title of Vikramaditya which only given to a person who defeated and crushed Malachha (every Western invader from central Asia ), which is subtle massaging for hindu to come under my umbrella , i am the who defeated this muslim .

VVD0D95

Banned
Hemu was not a hindu militant because he needed an Afghan Muslim noble help against mughal but he also a continuously increasing number of Hindus in his army that's why when he proclaimed his sovereignty in 1565 in Delhi he used the title of Vikramaditya which only given to a person who defeated and crushed Malachha (every Western invader from central Asia ), which is subtle massaging for hindu to come under my umbrella , i am the who defeated this muslim .
Interesting so if he succeeds at panipat does this see an increasing in Hindus in administrative capacities etc?

Interesting so if he succeeds at Panipat does this see an increase in Hindus in administrative capacities etc?
Yes, see with Maratha how they slowly change the administration of their area from Persian to Marathi.
Also, Marathi was standardised by Shivaji court poet, in his book poet ban the Persian word for use in the Shivaji court in the place of it he gives naturalized Sanskrit word, many words given in this book in 20 century inter into Hindi give distinctive feature to differentiate between Hindi and Urdu.
So same can be done by Hemu who want to standardise Apbrhans( a literature language used in eastern india ) and promoted in northern india which is going to creep in Deccan.

VVD0D95

Banned
Yes, see with Maratha how they slowly change the administration of their area from Persian to Marathi.
Also, Marathi was standardised by Shivaji court poet, in his book poet ban the Persian word for use in the Shivaji court in the place of it he gives naturalized Sanskrit word, many words given in this book in 20 century inter into Hindi give distinctive feature to differentiate between Hindi and Urdu.
So same can be done by Hemu who want to standardise Apbrhans( a literature language used in eastern india ) and promoted in northern india which is going to creep in Deccan.
He wouldn’t go for sanskrit?

Oh yes, but he wouldn't embark on a program of general persecution or forced conversion of Moslems. The change is from 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock, not dusk to dawn.

Oh yes, but he wouldn't embark on a program of general persecution or forced conversion of Moslems. The change is from 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock, not dusk to dawn.
But he will subtly support Hinduism and suppress Islam and when he does not need Muslim support and have a stable support base he will try to reclaim religious places which will create a position in Muslims and the perpetual riot between Hindu and. Muslim will continue until Muslim become subdued or Persian empire and central Asian can pressure hemu to show tolerance

VVD0D95

Banned
But he will subtly support Hinduism and suppress Islam and when he does not need Muslim support and have a stable support base he will try to reclaim religious places which will create a position in Muslims and the perpetual riot between Hindu and. Muslim will continue until Muslim become subdued or Persian empire and central Asian can pressure hemu to show tolerance
I think you may be over estimating how willing people are to riot. It disturbs their livelihoods and their peace

I think you may be over estimating how willing people are to riot. It disturbs their livelihoods and their peace
In 1820, Hindus with pig meat and Muslims with a beef riot in Varanasi for the right to worship in the old Kashi Vishwanath temple which destroyed by Aurangzeb and converted into a mosque.

VVD0D95

Banned
In 1820, Hindus with pig meat and Muslims with a beef riot in Varanasi for the right to worship in the old Kashi Vishwanath temple which destroyed by Aurangzeb and converted into a mosque.
And do you know what led to the riot? What circumstances pushed them into it? People don’t just riot unless pushed

And there you have it. Remove provocations like that and I can’t see riots happening as frequently as you suggest
But a Hindu Emperor can't stop themselves in the reclamation of religious places like Mathura, Kashi and Ayodhya , if he does not do means he is an impotant king .
Maratha was planing to reclaiming of Kashi Mathura and Ayodhya before the battle of the third Panipat, of they had win that battle you know you will not have found of masque in place of this place .

VVD0D95

Banned
But a Hindu Emperor can't stop themselves in the reclamation of religious places like Mathura, Kashi and Ayodhya , if he does not do means he is an impotant king .
Maratha was planing to reclaiming of Kashi Mathura and Ayodhya before the battle of the third Panipat, of they had win that battle you know you will not have found of masque in place of this place .
Reclaiming doesn’t necessarily need to lead to bloodshed if it’s done without provocation