Se Deus quiser, há-de brilhar! - Uma História do Império Português (Updated 03/18)

Actually, Aragon after the death Ferdonand will be contested between Villena/Segorbe and Francis Phoebus of Navarre.
Just wondering, would Ferdinand I of Naples be also a good candidate to succeed Ferdinand too?

No, Aragon will go to Villena/Segrobe. Francis Phoebus being from a non direct female line, foreign and not imposed as heir by his predecessor will not have support against a male line claimant. Ferdinand I of Naples would have the same problem of Alonso aka not being legitimate (they both are illegitimate recognized sons of a King of Aragon).

Oh, and Isabella here will not keep Castile after losing the war. Juana, Queen of Portugal claimed the crown of Castile as daughter and heiress of Henry IV so she and her children will rule there after winning the war but the personal union between Castile and Portugal will end at the death of Alfonso V as Juana and her children will keep Castile while Portugal will go to her cousin and stepson João and his heirs

No, Aragon will go to Villena/Segrobe. Francis Phoebus being from a non direct female line, foreign and not imposed as heir by his predecessor will not have support against a male line claimant. Ferdinand I of Naples would have the same problem of Alonso aka not being legitimate (they both are illegitimate recognized sons of a King of Aragon).

Oh, and Isabella here will not keep Castile after losing the war. Juana, Queen of Portugal claimed the crown of Castile as daughter and heiress of Henry IV so she and her children will rule there after winning the war but the personal union between Castile and Portugal will end at the death of Alfonso V as Juana and her children will keep Castile while Portugal will go to her cousin and stepson João and his heirs
If Nicholas of Anjou survives he has a stake to the Aragonese crown.

Chapter 2 - Triumph at Toro

The Portuguese kingdom was a winner and will be some time until they change something in Iberia, but changes will probably happen.

By the Treaty of Sahagún (1158) all lands until Niebla wore in the Leonese sphere of conquest, this led to the Niebal taifa to became vassal of the Kingdom of León (and later of the Kingdom of Castilla-León), as now the Portuguese king is also king of Leão then those territories will be claimed.

The gap between the Algarve and Gibraltar is big, Portugal can help Gibraltar by sea but any attack by land will be difficult to solve without permission from Castilla, and that will always be refused.

The most likely attacks to Gibraltar will came from the Granada Kingdom (in OTL the Granada kingdom attacked Castilla between 1481 and 1483, in here with Castille weak there´s a bigger chance to that happen), this would lead the Portuguese Kingdom to secure their lands in attacking and conquering territories in the Granada Kingdom, at minimum the western lands (the Takuruna Cora).

About the language it´s true that the Leonese language was being replaced by Castilian in the eastern and southern region of the kingdom of León, but genetic studies are saying that western Andalusia wore settled by Leonese people, some but not all would remember that their parents or grandparents spoke Leonese and changed to Castilian so they could climb the social scale, as now there are in a land that the official language is Portuguese they could change their language as well to start to be accepted in the higher echelons of the Portuguese society.

About the Galizian-portuguese language it started to diverge when king Dinis in 1290 made the common language that the people used the official language of Portugal.

In Galiza the language was under more and more influence by the Castilian language, over the following decades the local noblemen did rebel against the Castilian kings, and because they always loosed, the kings of Castille replace them by loyal Castilian noblemen.
In time this created a situation that the upper echelons of the Galizian society wore Castilian speakers and the common folk Galizian speakers.
Even in the Church this happened with its hierarchy becoming dependent of Valladolid, city that with the Catholic Kings, in OTL became capital of Castille-León, and as such also changing the language used in the official church documents.
Also, in OTL the in 1480 the Galizian notaries had to go to Toledo to do their exams in Castilian and had to write every official document in Castilian.
In here that centralizing effort of the Catholic Kings doesn’t happen, as such the forces that nudged the changing of the language wore greatly reduced, so this would lead to the Galizian be much more influenced by Portuguese and restore the union of the language.

Note of my personal bias: I use Galiza to the Iberian region to differentiate from the Eastern European state of Galicia as they wore contemporaneous.

Lusitania

Donor
My personal Bias has always been against a personal union between Portugal and Castile for Castile population size. Do not know how the Portuguese king and Portuguese court would feel about it though.

the Portuguese have just doubled in size secured themselves from Castilian harassment and intimidation. There a huge logistic issues you resolve. Noble titles (which Galician and Leonese Noble to let maintain their lands and titles and which will be replaced by loyal Portuguese nobles. There are church officials to replace with Portuguese bishops. All of this takes huge amount of time and effort. Then on economic side and taxation issues plus laws to say Portuguese have their hands full is understatement.

This conquest is different than personal union that we saw in 1580 between Portugal and Spain. There both countries including nobles, church, laws and even armed forces all stayed separated and Spanish and Portuguese court ruled both countries separately with king’s representative in Lisbon ruling in his place.

so for Portugal to have ability to make all these internal changes due to conquest and try rule Castile also be high improbable to be done right as a result both countries suffer greatly.

Best would be for Portuguese king and Queen to either split the two countries between his two kids or find other alternatives. My best idea would be to force his daughter Joana out of convent (she just entered in 1475 and have her marry a Castilian cousin or such and they become queen and king of Castile while her brother prince John who was heir and has children already stays in Portugal and helps his dad integrate the new regions into Portugal.

Other option was as follows: since Portuguese logs claim to the throne was through his new wife who never had kids with king. If she was to conceive a kid say 1476-1477 then it could become king of Castile and regent be appointed for him till he age of majority. This would allow both countries to stay independent. Following king Alfonso death 1481 she and child move to Castile where she is regent till his age of majority.

Last edited:
I think Isabel of Castile will marry Segorbe and the Dauphin marries Isabella of Aragon ITTL.

Charles of Burgundy could have a son with Margaret of York ITTL..

Last edited:

Lusitania

Donor
Based on what been written in the TL we have the following:

portugal - king Alfonso and wife Joanna rule till 1481 when his heir from first wife takes over new expanded kingdom. Prince John is well suited for this task of organizing the new lands into a single country for iotl he was a gifted leader who revived Portuguese economy and strengthened the country. He also credited with expanding Portuguese exploration.
Castile - Queen isabela was an accomplished administrator who rebuilt the country and strengthened after the mismanagement of her brother. Who she marries be interesting it could be someone from another country or son of powerful Castilian Duke to cement her control over country.
Aragon - with Ferdinand dead, Queen Isabella claim to throne of Aragon is based on her daughter. But at time kingdom of Aragon was still ruled by king John II who was ferdinands father. He now had a dilema with no male heirs and two daughters and granddaughter to choose from as heir to throne of Aragon.
  • He ruled out giving the throne to his grand daughter because he did not want to give the throne to Castilians.
  • From his first wife there was Queen Eleanor of Navarra but she over 50
  • from his second wife there was joana who married king Ferdinand I of Naples.

There were a lot of factors that went into choosing the right heir to the throne of Aragon. Some argued for his granddaughter but that was not one option king John liked. His oldest daughter while oldest was the weakest claimant in terms of country wealth and power. While Joanna would solidify Aragon and Naples into one strong country.

Last edited:

Lusitania

Donor
I think Isabel of Castile will marry Segorbe and the Dauphin marries Isabella of Aragon ITTL.

Charles of Burgundy could have a son with Margaret of York ITTL..
So trying to figure out who you are referring to.

Castile
Queen Isabela of Castile stays queen and had a daughter (Isabella) with Ferdinand born in 1970. No other children. The daughter is the heir. Queen Isabel could remarry and if she has a boy he would become heir? Or does stay widow and raise her daughter as future queen?

Aragon
Who is Isabella of Aragon? The two next in line for the throne of Aragon if Ferdinand’s daughter taken out of picture are Ferdinand’s two sisters. (See previous post for info on both).

Last edited:
So trying to figure out who figure out who you are referring to.

Castile
Queen Isabela of Castile stays queen and had a daughter (Isabella) with Ferdinand born in 1970. No other children. The daughter is the heir. Queen Isabel could remarry and if she has a boy he would become heir? Or does stay widow and raise her daughter as future queen?

Aragon
Who is Isabella of Aragon? The two next in line for the throne of Aragon if Ferdinand’s daughter taken out of picture are Ferdinand’s two sisters. (See previous post for info on both).
Isabella of Aragon is the eldest daughter of Isabella of Castile.

Lusitania

Donor
Isabella of Aragon is the eldest daughter of Isabella of Castile.
But she is 7 years old in 1477 and also heir to throne of Castile. There were no other children between Isabel of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon.

In 1477 he was only the heir to the throne of Aragon since his dad was still alive. So as I stated the king of Aragon John II has to decide if he would name one of his daughters as heir or his grand daughter as heir. Placing his grand daughter would mean there would of needed to be a regent. Isabel of Castile wanted her daughter to be named as heir of Aragon but in Aragon there would of been opposition.

if she is made heir then Spain forms when she attained majority and becomes Queen in her own right if both countries, that is unless her mother remarried and has a boy who would become king of Castile.

So there are two options to to keep Spain from forming. Chose one of Ferdinand’s sisters to become queen of Aragon or choose Isabella of Castile but have her mother marry a powerful duke and she has few kids one of which is boy and he then becomes king of Castile while Isabella becomes queen of Aragon.

Idea:
you can shaft Isabella completely and have her be excluded from throne of Aragon and then her mom has boy from 2nd husband and she looses throne of Castile. But she gets her revenge on her half brother. She is married off to Afonso in 1490 like iotl but Afonso lives and together with Afonso rule Portugal. At same time that her half brother tries to conquer Grenada she and Afonso sprearhead their conquest of Fez. Rest of idea stated above. During peace talks she then pressures Afonso to not let Castile get Granada and instead make it a vassal of Portugal.

The point is who in no way Isabella of Castile can stay as Queen of Castile after losing the war. She now is back to the role of Dowager Queen of Sicily and Dowager Princess of Girona and heiress presuntive of Queen Juana I of Castile (who is also Queen Consort of Portugal)...
Aragon is against female inheritance so he is the new prince of Girona while little Isabella of Aragon is the new Queen of Sicily (as Sicily allowed female inheritance). John II’s daughters or his little granddaughter the Queen of Sicily are simply not eligible for the crown of Aragon...
I think who as her Napoletan wedding had not yet happened at the death of her brother here Juana of Aragon will be married to her cousin Segrobe instead of the King of Naples.
Portugal can very well decide to become bigger at the expense of Castile after winning the war and putting Juana on her father’s throne as the personal union between Castile and Portugal will be short living as Alfonso V’s successor in Portugal will be his eldest son John II while Juana I of Castile (who by the way is just 17 years old at the end of the war) will be followed on the throne of Castile by her kids (either from Alfonso or a successive husband) or by her aunt Isabella and her heirs...
The only way for a permanent union between Castile and Portugal would be Juana and Alfonso V having kids and then killing off John II and his line so who Portugal will be inherited by his half-sibling

Last edited:

Lusitania

Donor
The point is who in no way Isabella of Castile can stay as Queen of Castile after losing the war. She now is back to the role of Dowager Queen of Sicily and Dowager Princess of Girona and heiress presuntive of Queen Juana I of Castile (who is also Queen Consort of Portugal)...
Aragon is against female inheritance so he is the new prince of Girona while little Isabella of Aragon is the new Queen of Sicily (as Sicily allowed female inheritance). John II’s daughters or his little granddaughter the Queen of Sicily are simply not eligible for the crown of Aragon...
I think who as her Napoletan wedding had not yet happened at the death of her brother here Juana of Aragon will be married to her cousin Segrobe instead of the King of Naples.
Portugal can very well decide to become bigger at the expense of Castile after winning the war and putting Juana on her father’s throne as the personal union between Castile and Portugal will be short living as Alfonso V’s successor in Portugal will be his eldest son John II while Juana I of Castile (who by the way is just 17 years old at the end of the war) will be followed on the throne of Castile by her kids (either from Alfonso or a successive husband) or by her aunt Isabella and her heirs...
The only way for a permanent union between Castile and Portugal would be Juana and Alfonso V having kids and then killing off John II and his line so who Portugal will be inherited by his half-sibling

few points
  • If Isabel who was king Henry half sister and aunt to queen joana of Portugal is forced out who would inherit Castile? Per peace treaty Portuguese king and his wife have given up the throne in return for Galicia and Leão.
  • Would her daughter who is 7 become queen and married to powerful Castile noble son, who would become king of Castile.
  • As for Isabel of Castile you stated she back to Dowager Queen of Sicily and Dowager Princess of Girona but these titles were from her husband side and would she be able to maintain them? Would her daughter be able to become queen of Sicily?
  • The marriage of Joanna of Aragon to king of Naples is a tricky one for it happens right at same time as the war end and peace treaty is negotiated, 1947.
  • In regards to putting his daughter on throne of Castile she is not heir and while she could be married to some Castilian noble

few points
  • If Isabel who was king Henry half sister and aunt to queen joana of Portugal is forced out who would inherit Castile? Per peace treaty Portuguese king and his wife have given up the throne in return for Galicia and Leão.
  • Would her daughter who is 7 become queen and married to powerful Castile noble son, who would become king of Castile.
  • As for Isabel of Castile you stated she back to Dowager Queen of Sicily and Dowager Princess of Girona but these titles were from her husband side and would she be able to maintain them? Would her daughter be able to become queen of Sicily?
  • The marriage of Joanna of Aragon to king of Naples is a tricky one for it happens right at same time as the war end and peace treaty is negotiated, 1947.
  • In regards to putting his daughter on throne of Castile she is not heir and while she could be married to some Castilian noble
1) Juana “la Beltraneja” renouncing to her inheritance AFTER winning the war make no sense... that part of the treaty need to be changed as renouncing to Castile would make no sense for both Juana and Alfonso V. Juana is either the legitimate daughter and heiress of Henry IV and so the rightful Queen of Castile or she is neither and Isabella is the Queen of Castile... That peace treaty is pretty ASB so need to be changed...
2) Again... In this scenario Juana and not Isabel MUST be recognized the rightful Queen of Castile so little Isabella of Aragon has no inheritance there
3) Isabella of Castile while keep all the titles who came from Fernando until she remarried (as Dowager means widow of the precedent...). Then she will take the title of her new husband (with or without her own of Princess of Castile)
Sicily ended in the hands of the Aragon with female inheritance, was already given to Fermando so is pretty logical who Isabella will inherit it. Plus having both Isabella going in Sicily make sense and is convenient for everyone as that will remove them from the Iberian scene.
4) The negotiations for Juana of Argon’s wedding were finalized in OTL after the ATL death of Fernando so here will they not be completed as John II need to revaluation everything. With the Castile lost and Aragon destined to Segrobe, John II is much more likely to arrange the wedding of his daughter Juana to his new heir Henry and keep his bloodline on the throne of Aragon than marrying her in Naples (likewise Ferdinand I of Naples would be much more interested in arranging a wedding for himself and the Queen Regent of Sicily and/or between his namesake grandson and the young Queen of Sicily).
5) I can not understand who you are taking about

Lusitania

Donor
1) Juana “la Beltraneja” renouncing to her inheritance AFTER winning the war make no sense... that part of the treaty need to be changed as renouncing to Castile would make no sense for both Juana and Alfonso V. Juana is either the legitimate daughter and heiress of Henry IV and so the rightful Queen of Castile or she is neither and Isabella is the Queen of Castile... That peace treaty is pretty ASB so need to be changed...
Ok lets establish a few things I am not the author of the TL and I had suggested that it would of been great that Portugal gain some land in the Castile Civil War. Therefore they have, but had to horse trade with other powerful member of the Castilian nobles who also vied for the throne and Portuguese accepted someone else becomes king of Castile and marries king Alfonso's daughter. For the Portuguese to of succeeded in the war they would of needed to of allied with some Castilian nobles who get to replace Isabel. My own personal opinion is I do not like personal unions, the Portuguese have enough work trying to incorporate Galicia and Leao never mind Castile, that just a Spain with capital in Lisbon and dominated by Castilian nobles. Few of those TL around. I like the fact we got part of Portuguese historic claims and left Castile alone.
2) Again... In this scenario Juana and not Isabel MUST be recognized the rightful Queen of Castile so little Isabella of Aragon has no inheritance there
I understand that there were two rightful heirs to the throne Isabel and Juana. The best alternative would be for Juana to be recognized the heir but that she gets very sick and dies shortly after the treaty and a new Castilian king is chosen who marries Alfonso daughter. Have Portugal get Heulva or something as compensation.
3) Isabella of Castile while keep all the titles who came from Fernando until she remarried (as Dowager means widow of the precedent...). Then she will take the title of her new husband (with or without her own of Princess of Castile)
Sicily ended in the hands of the Aragon with female inheritance, was already given to Fermando so is pretty logical who Isabella will inherit it. Plus having both Isabella going in Sicily make sense and is convenient for everyone as that will remove them from the Iberian scene.
Yes Isabel and daughter are shipped out to sicily and under the new King of Aragon.
4) The negotiations for Juana of Argon’s wedding were finalized in OTL after the ATL death of Fernando so here will they not be completed as John II need to revaluation everything. With the Castile lost and Aragon destined to Segrobe, John II is much more likely to arrange the wedding of his daughter Juana to his new heir Henry and keep his bloodline on the throne of Aragon than marrying her in Naples (likewise Ferdinand I of Naples would be much more interested in arranging a wedding for himself and the Queen Regent of Sicily and/or between his namesake grandson and the young Queen of Sicily).
alright the timing was murky to me but makes sense that with Ferdinand out of picture certain wedding and unions be altered.
What I was saying is that king Afonso claim to Castilian throne was through his wife and not his daughter and since he never had any children with his 2nd wife the only person who could be placed on throne be his daughter from previous marriage whose mother was Portuguese. So without an heir from his 2nd wife to guarantee the union the Portuguese were always at loss. Alternatively we could have a temporary union that could be broken by birth of boy from 2nd wife in 1478. That child would become Castile heir while John becomes Portugal king. But do not see John being crowned both king of Castile and Portugal.

I think a marriage between Francis Phoebis and Isabella of Aragon or Henry, duke of Villena will stabilize the succession, an alternative man who can marry Isabella of Aragon, now that Nicholas of Anjou is now dead as a doornail is Rene II, duke of Lorraine to unite the Angevin and Trastamara claims to Aragon.

Ok lets establish a few things I am not the author of the TL and I had suggested that it would of been great that Portugal gain some land in the Castile Civil War. Therefore they have, but had to horse trade with other powerful member of the Castilian nobles who also vied for the throne and Portuguese accepted someone else becomes king of Castile and marries king Alfonso's daughter. For the Portuguese to of succeeded in the war they would of needed to of allied with some Castilian nobles who get to replace Isabel. My own personal opinion is I do not like personal unions, the Portuguese have enough work trying to incorporate Galicia and Leao never mind Castile, that just a Spain with capital in Lisbon and dominated by Castilian nobles. Few of those TL around. I like the fact we got part of Portuguese historic claims and left Castile alone.

I understand that there were two rightful heirs to the throne Isabel and Juana. The best alternative would be for Juana to be recognized the heir but that she gets very sick and dies shortly after the treaty and a new Castilian king is chosen who marries Alfonso daughter. Have Portugal get Heulva or something as compensation.

Yes Isabel and daughter are shipped out to sicily and under the new King of Aragon.

alright the timing was murky to me but makes sense that with Ferdinand out of picture certain wedding and unions be altered.

What I was saying is that king Afonso claim to Castilian throne was through his wife and not his daughter and since he never had any children with his 2nd wife the only person who could be placed on throne be his daughter from previous marriage whose mother was Portuguese. So without an heir from his 2nd wife to guarantee the union the Portuguese were always at loss. Alternatively we could have a temporary union that could be broken by birth of boy from 2nd wife in 1478. That child would become Castile heir while John becomes Portugal king. But do not see John being crowned both king of Castile and Portugal.
Again. Alfonso V of Portugal will be King of Castile jure uxoris but we will not have any permanent unification between Castile and Portugal as the two kingdoms will have different line of succession:

Castile: line of succession to Juana I, Queen of Castile and Queen Consort of Portugal:
a) eventual sons of Queen Juana (by King Alfonso or another successive husband) and heirs in birth order
b) eventual daughters of Queen Juana (by King Alfonso or another successive husband) and heirs in birth order
c) Isabella of Castile, Queen Dowager and Regent of Sicily, Dowager Princess of Girona, Infanta of Castile
d) any eventual sons of Infanta Isabella from a future wedding and heirs in birth order
e) Isabella of Aragon, Queen of Sicily, Infanta of Aragon, eldest daughter of Infanta Isabella of Castile, and her heirs
f) any eventual daughter of Infanta Isabella from a future wedding and heirs in birth order
g) John II, King of Aragon and Navarre
h) Eleanor, Princess of Viana and Infanta of Aragon, King John’s eldest daughter and heirs
i) Infanta Juana of Aragon, Princess of Girona, King John’s younger daughter and heirs
j) Enrique, Prince of Girona and Duke of Segrobe (husband of Infanta Juana of Aragon)

Portugal: line of succession to Alfonso V, King of Portugal
a) João, Prince of Portugal
b) Infante Alfonso of Portugal, eldest son of Prince João and heirs
c) any eventual younger son of Prince João and heirs in birth order
d) any eventual daughter of Prince João and heirs in birth order
e) any eventual other son of King Alfonso (by Queen Juana) and heirs in birth order
[Juana, Infanta of Portugal, eldest daughter of King Alfonso, actually in convent]
f) any eventual other daughter of King Alfonso (by Queen Juana) and heirs in birth order
g) Infante Diogo, Duke of Viseu and Duke of Beja and heirs
h) Infante Manuel of Viseu and heirs
i) Infanta Leonora of Viseu, Princess of Portugal (wife of João, Prince of Portugal)
j) Infanta Isabella of Viseu, Duchess of Guimarães and heirs

So the only case in which Castile and Portugal will stay united after the death of Alfonso V is if the line of João die and a child of Alfonso and Juana inherit both crowns. As Juana I is only 17 years old at the end of the war is pretty likely who they will have soon children (in OTL at this point their wedding was annulled, she was recognized as an illegitimate daughter of her mother and practically recluses in convents for the rest of her life).

I think a marriage between Francis Phoebis and Isabella of Aragon or Henry, duke of Villena will stabilize the succession, an alternative man who can marry Isabella of Aragon, now that Nicholas of Anjou is now dead as a doornail is Rene II, duke of Lorraine to unite the Angevin and Trastamara claims to Aragon.
Little Isabella of Aragon (who is seven) will keep her father’s Sicily (the only inheritance she can and must have) and will be likely married to the future Ferdinand II of Naples who is only a year older than her.
Aragon’s succession is in male line (the most they can accept is a male from a female line) and so John II’s heir now is Henry of Villena, Duke of Segrobe (Henry, Duke of Villena was his late father) who will marry King John’s daughter Infanta Joanna of Aragon (she is free, has the right age for marrying and he is ten years older than her). That would be more than enough for stabilizing the succession in Aragon...

Lusitania

Donor
Again. Alfonso V of Portugal will be King of Castile jure uxoris but we will not have any permanent unification between Castile and Portugal as the two kingdoms will have different line of succession:

Castile: line of succession to Juana I, Queen of Castile and Queen Consort of Portugal:
a) eventual sons of Queen Juana (by King Alfonso or another successive husband) and heirs in birth order
b) eventual daughters of Queen Juana (by King Alfonso or another successive husband) and heirs in birth order
c) Isabella of Castile, Queen Dowager and Regent of Sicily, Dowager Princess of Girona, Infanta of Castile
d) any eventual sons of Infanta Isabella from a future wedding and heirs in birth order
e) Isabella of Aragon, Queen of Sicily, Infanta of Aragon, eldest daughter of Infanta Isabella of Castile, and her heirs
f) any eventual daughter of Infanta Isabella from a future wedding and heirs in birth order
g) John II, King of Aragon and Navarre
h) Eleanor, Princess of Viana and Infanta of Aragon, King John’s eldest daughter and heirs
i) Infanta Juana of Aragon, Princess of Girona, King John’s younger daughter and heirs
j) Enrique, Prince of Girona and Duke of Segrobe (husband of Infanta Juana of Aragon)

Portugal: line of succession to Alfonso V, King of Portugal
a) João, Prince of Portugal
b) Infante Alfonso of Portugal, eldest son of Prince João and heirs
c) any eventual younger son of Prince João and heirs in birth order
d) any eventual daughter of Prince João and heirs in birth order
e) any eventual other son of King Alfonso (by Queen Juana) and heirs in birth order
[Juana, Infanta of Portugal, eldest daughter of King Alfonso, actually in convent]
f) any eventual other daughter of King Alfonso (by Queen Juana) and heirs in birth order
g) Infante Diogo, Duke of Viseu and Duke of Beja and heirs
h) Infante Manuel of Viseu and heirs
i) Infanta Leonora of Viseu, Princess of Portugal (wife of João, Prince of Portugal)
j) Infanta Isabella of Viseu, Duchess of Guimarães and heirs

So the only case in which Castile and Portugal will stay united after the death of Alfonso V is if the line of João die and a child of Alfonso and Juana inherit both crowns. As Juana I is only 17 years old at the end of the war is pretty likely who they will have soon children (in OTL at this point their wedding was annulled, she was recognized as an illegitimate daughter of her mother and practically recluses in convents for the rest of her life).
Só in 1481 if we have king Alfonso die as per iotl his wife would leave Lisbon with her kids and move to Castile while her step son prince John becomes king of a larger Portugal.
Juana I of Castile establishes herself in Castile and either marries or stay window and raises her children to assume the throne after her. If say she has a boy then he ascends at age of majority or when his mother dies?
So question is how good of administrator is Queen Juana will she as good of job as her aunt did iotl or be as bad as her dad? I could see with her as queen reconquista only restart by 1500.

we could see Columbus appear at French Corte and maybe convince french to launch an expedition but might only happen after Vasco da Gama. Then arrive along New England and Nova Scotia.

Só in 1481 if we have king Alfonso die as per iotl his wife would leave Lisbon with her kids and move to Castile while her step son prince John becomes king of a larger Portugal.
Juana I of Castile establishes herself in Castile and either marries or stay window and raises her children to assume the throne after her. If say she has a boy then he ascends at age of majority or when his mother dies?
So question is how good of administrator is Queen Juana will she as good of job as her aunt did iotl or be as bad as her dad? I could see with her as queen reconquista only restart by 1500.

we could see Columbus appear at French Corte and maybe convince french to launch an expedition but might only happen after Vasco da Gama. Then arrive along New England and Nova Scotia.
Likely Juana will be in the middle between her father and aunt and will not be too much interested in the reconquista as she had none of Isabella’s religious fervor. Juana will stay as Queen of Castile for the rest of her life, unless she decide (or is forced) to abdicate in favor of her son. If Juana remarried then her new husband will became King of Castile jure uxoris and will rule Castile with her (or more likely in her name). If she is widowed when her eldest son will reach the majority is possible who she will associate him in the government...
In any case is pretty likely who with the victory of Alfonso V and Juana the Pachecos and the Mendozas will keep a lot of power in Castile (as the Mendozas here will most likely switch side after Ferdinand’s death make Isabella’s position a lost cause)...

Lusitania

Donor
Likely Juana will be in the middle between her father and aunt and will not be too much interested in the reconquista as she had none of Isabella’s religious fervor. Juana will stay as Queen of Castile for the rest of her life, unless she decide (or is forced) to abdicate in favor of her son. If Juana remarried then her new husband will became King of Castile jure uxoris and will rule Castile with her (or more likely in her name). If she is widowed when her eldest son will reach the majority is possible who she will associate him in the government...
In any case is pretty likely who with the victory of Alfonso V and Juana the Pachecos and the Mendozas will keep a lot of power in Castile (as the Mendozas here will most likely switch side after Ferdinand’s death make Isabella’s position a lost cause)...
The other factor is that neither Castile and Portugal will not expel the Jews and Muslims and this will have other major impacts to both Ottoman Empire and Dutch both of whom will be much weaker and poorer.

Lusitania

Donor
With an independent Navarra would that not rule out the Mendoza family? They originated from that area. I could see Juana I marrying someone from Pacheco family for their wealth and power since the Castilian royal treasury not that good even with Portuguese gold from guinea per treaty.