Scanian state

I was wondering how a Scanian free state could be created.

My personal guess would be as a danish vassal after the Scanian war if the Danes win or at least get to keep the Scanian provinces of Scania, Blekinge, Halland and to a certain degree Bornholm.

I was wondering how a Scanian free state could be created.

My personal guess would be as a danish vassal after the Scanian war if the Danes win or at least get to keep the Scanian provinces of Scania, Blekinge, Halland and to a certain degree Bornholm.

Why not just have a Snapphane guerilla war prolonged into the decline of the swedish empire era when Sweden wouldn't manage to keep them? Or maybe a independence movment that runs alongside the norwegian (resulting in Scania becoming independent at the same time as Norway).

How about after the 1658 peace Denmark-Norway with aid of England and the Dutch do better in 1659-60 thus getting not only Trondhiems Len and Bornholm back but the Scanians also free themselves with Danish aid but England and the Dutch have seen the writing on the wall and to support the Danes but not reward them too much and slap the Swedes they create an independent Scania Duchy with a Danish duke??? And stipulate no Anschluss!!! with Denmark...:D...or Sweden...:D
Could make for some interesting scenario.:D:D:D

How about after the 1658 peace Denmark-Norway with aid of England and the Dutch do better in 1659-60 thus getting not only Trondhiems Len and Bornholm back but the Scanians also free themselves with Danish aid but England and the Dutch have seen the writing on the wall and to support the Danes but not reward them too much and slap the Swedes they create an independent Scania Duchy with a Danish duke??? And stipulate no Anschluss!!! with Denmark...:D...or Sweden...:D
Could make for some interesting scenario.:D:D:D

That's a good senario because we all know that the English and Dutch wanted to have seperate states in the Öresund to cut down on the toll they had to pay, that's why we've seen them side with both Denmark and Sweden through history.

Another possible POD is the 1330s when the state of Denmark dissolved due to economical problems. Let's say that Valdemar IV Atterdag is killed, and Denmark stays shared between Germans and Sweden. Then the black death hits, Sweden gets into internal troubles, and Scania is allowed to go it's own path.