Saving Soviet Democracy: A Russian Revolution Timeline

Taimur500

Banned
I feel i have to say that this might be my favorite timeline here
I'm itching to see the soviet alliance in power
EDIT :Also, @Salvador79 's timeline comes to mind now i have to ask: you have any idea on how the central asian region is going now? Do you see any cooperation between muslim reformers and the government (also buddhist reformers in Mongolia and other close regions, but again i digress, this is another story) as being in the cards for the future, somehow?

Last edited:
I feel i have to say that this might be my favorite timeline here
I'm itching to see the soviet alliance in power
EDIT :Also, @Salvador79 's timeline comes to mind now i have to ask: you have any idea on how the central asian region is going now? Do you see any cooperation between muslim reformers and the government (also buddhist reformers in Mongolia and other close regions, but again i digress, this is another story) as being in the cards for the future, somehow?
Thank you very much for your kind praise. At some point I will be covering all the distinct parts of the Russian Revolution - Finland, Ukraine, Central Asia, Orthodoxy, Judaism, and Islam etc. There's a lot to cover and honestly so much centres around Petrograd in these events that I've probably not done this diversity justice. At the moment I've been doing some travelling so I haven't had any opportunities to write but I've been reading, relaxing, and ideas have been percolating.

Taimur500

Banned
Thank you very much for your kind praise. At some point I will be covering all the distinct parts of the Russian Revolution - Finland, Ukraine, Central Asia, Orthodoxy, Judaism, and Islam etc. There's a lot to cover and honestly so much centres around Petrograd in these events that I've probably not done this diversity justice. At the moment I've been doing some travelling so I haven't had any opportunities to write but I've been reading, relaxing, and ideas have been percolating.
I can wait, this time will sure bring a lot of inspuration
All the best!

Will there be significant changes in WW1 ITTL?
To be brief, as I'm not at home at the moment but am travelling, the Kerensky offensive was halted earlier and was undertaken somewhat differently and as such the front is slightly better in Ukraine for the Russians. The Romanians still have their victories against the Germans, tying up Central Powers troops there as I saw no reason there would be massive changes, similarly the Germans take Riga much as OTL. Mainly, the changes are such that an early peace on the Eastern Front will be different.

@GiantMonkeyMan When are you going to publish the next chapter?
Some day in the future? I went travelling for a month, came back and have had a little post-holiday blues coupled with being busy since I have to move house. I've been writing some stuff but not been satisfied so far. Thanks for your continued interest though! I hope I'll get myself sorted and get writing something decent in order to maintain that support!

Some day in the future? I went travelling for a month, came back and have had a little post-holiday blues coupled with being busy since I have to move house. I've been writing some stuff but not been satisfied so far. Thanks for your continued interest though! I hope I'll get myself sorted and get writing something decent in order to maintain that support!
Hope you start feeling better soon

Hope you start feeling better soon
What Crying said.