Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Saadi Dynasty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of Kamehameha

Votes: 37 17.0%
  • Other (Write it down)

Votes: 25 11.5%

• Total voters
I suppose I would save the Anjou Dynasty of Naples (the kings of Naples were also Counts of Provence and Forcalquier, an independent territory of France. They also had territories in Greece) or the Anjou Dynasty of Hungary (Hungary was a formidable power at that time).

Where does the name Liudolfinger originate from? I’ve always seen/heard people just refer to them as the “Ottonians.”
From what I found, it’s refers to this guy, Liudolf, Duke of Saxony, who started the Ottonians. It was named Ottonian Dynasty because of the first Holy Roman Emperor Otto I being a member of that House

The Jagiellonian Dynasty could survive if Anna Jagiellon and her nephew Zygmunt Wasa used the same excuse to continue the dynasty that used Tsarina Elisabeth for his nephew Peter, future Tsar Peter III two century later.

Tsarina Elisabeth made the words "Grandson of Peter the Great" a part of the titles used by his nephew who was in reality a Holstein-Gottorp and not a Romanov. He was only a Romanov by his mother.

Same excuse could have been used for Zygmunt Waza, adopted by his aunt as a Jagiellon ans succeeding to his great-father and his aunt, both King of Poland. Even the aunt was King of Poland as elected on this title by the Polish Szlachta.

She probably could have keep the throne after her husband death, Stefan Bathory, because she was the one elected and not him.

The Jagiellonian Dynasty could survive if Anna Jagiellon and her nephew Zygmunt Wasa used the same excuse to continue the dynasty that used Tsarina Elisabeth for his nephew Peter, future Tsar Peter III two century later.

Tsarina Elisabeth made the words "Grandson of Peter the Great" a part of the titles used by his nephew who was in reality a Holstein-Gottorp and not a Romanov. He was only a Romanov by his mother.

Same excuse could have been used for Zygmunt Waza, adopted by his aunt as a Jagiellon ans succeeding to his great-father and his aunt, both King of Poland. Even the aunt was King of Poland as elected on this title by the Polish Szlachta.

She probably could have keep the throne after her husband death, Stefan Bathory, because she was the one elected and not him.
In PLC Sigismund III's line was seen as continuation of Jagiellons, but due to their claim to Swedish throne they would not drop legacy of their Vasa side.

In PLC Sigismund III's line was seen as continuation of Jagiellons, but due to their claim to Swedish throne they would not drop legacy of their Vasa side.

Interesting POD will be for Zygmunt III to negotiate with his uncle to drop his claim on the swedish throne in exchange for the Northern Inflanty (Estonia) going to the Commonwealth.

And uncle and nephew will create an alliance between Sweden and Polish-Lithuania against Russia in the east and Denmark in the west. Sweden and PLC will kept Russia far from the Baltic Sea and PLC will let Sweden go after Denmark while in OTL Denmark was often Polish ally...

One thought concerning the Nasirids of Granada. Is retaining sovereignty over that bit mandatory as such?

I just have a mental image of them either setting up shop as a Ruling House in "Barbary", a near pathologically persistent set of pretenders either there or elsewhere in Dar ul Islam, or perhaps even (due to a far less dogmatic replacement for Isabel de Trastámara y de Aviz) a line of Spanish nobles-if-not-dukes whom it is quietly understood never really has to stick around for Official Mass at any public/royal function.

That said, I am rather disappointed at the lack of love for House Hauteville .

Last edited:
It will rather cool to have Polish Husaria and Swedish infantry fighting side by side rather than fighting against each other.

Oh man, plenty of good ones have been mentioned (I'd probably have gone with the Stauffer dynasty/House of Hohenstauffen in Sicily, but they've already been mentioned. Ditto for the Neapolitan Angevins).

If I had to give some love to a dark horse candidate, though, I'd go for the House of Luxembourg-Limburg. You know, the one Emperors Charles IV and Sigismund belonged to (plus Anne of Bohemia)? If they hadn't died out, the Hapsburgs might have never gained prominence, and I can only see that as a net good lol

Also, nobody's mentioned the House of Barcelona yet, so I'll toot their horn as well (bonus points if it's just one of the cadet branches, like the Provence line, or the Urgell line).

In the long history, there were various Royal Houses or Imperial Dynasties that were overthrown or replaced by another House (Usually due to marriable ties). Some survived to this day, or some like the Chinese Dynasties has descendants with the Imperial Surname.

However, there were those who eventually died out soon afterward, only surviving through matrilineally or in Cadet Branches. Some royal houses to this day are descended from these former houses, just not carrying the name.

So, given all these options, if you were able to save one, and only one royal house from going extinct, and not being replaced by another through a specific POD (Whether it be an alternate birth or etc) which one?

1. House of Tudor - Kingdom of England. Dissolution in 1603
  2. House of Rurik - Grand Duchy of Moscow. Deposition in 1610. Dissolution in 1610
  3. House of Valois - Kingdom of France - Deposition in 1589. Dissolution in 1589
  4. House of Vasa - Sweden Empire/Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - Deposition in 1654 (Sweden) and in 1668 (PLC). Dissolution in 1672
  5. House of Aviz - Kingdom of Portugal - Dissolution in 1580
  6. Safavid Dynasty - Safavid Iran - Dissolution in 1736
  7. House of Stuart - Kingdom of Great Britain/Kingdom of Scotland - Deposition in 1714. Dissolution in 1807
  8. House of Plantagenet - Kingdom of England - Deposition in 1485. Dissolution in 1499 (M) and 1549 (F)
  9. House of Medici - Grand Duchy of Tuscany - Dissolution in 1743
  10. Nasrid Dynasty - Emirate of Granada - Deposition in 1492
  11. House of Trastámara - Kingdom of Spain -Dissolution in 1555
  12. Jagiellonian Dynasty - Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - Dissolution in 1596
  13. Saadi Dynasty - Saadi Sultanate - Deposition in 1659
  14. House of Kamehameha - Kingdom of Hawaii - 1872/1874
  15. Other (Write it down)
Side tangent: If you're wondering why there's a lack of Ancient or early Medieval Dynasties, like the Ptolemies, Julio-Claudian dynasty, Carolingian or Sassanids, etc, I'm not really an expert in Ancient or early Medieval, and why the Other is an option

I'd go with either the Habsburgs or the Romanovs. Avoid WW I and they can easily survive. Contrary to what some would have us believe, these empires weren't ramshackle, tottering ruins destined to fall apart at the slightest push. They had potential to be much more. I also have a soft spot for the Qing. They could be saved if Emperor Guangxu manages to stop Cixi's coup and continues his reforms. Oh, and I almost forgot the Hohenzollerns. They were pretty bad ass at times.

Last edited: