Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Saadi Dynasty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of Kamehameha

Votes: 37 17.0%
  • Other (Write it down)

Votes: 25 11.5%

• Total voters
I heard it. Don't know enough about the Valois to say one way or another. But it is the kind of subtle answer that 'feels right' that historians wouldn't pick up on right away and I've encountered before.

It's also the kind of thing those involved wouldn't nessacarilly understand, in the realm of "why does sex with you seem really weird sort of way."
True. But this does not apply to the marriages of Charles IX and Henry III of France...both of whom died without surviving issue...

I voted Tudor mainly because it had no votes and because it’s an interesting family.
C687518C-3CFE-4AD2-A9D3-6A70A9A38875.jpeg

For other I would like:
House Bruce of Scotland
House Bonaparte of France (in maybe an AH where Napoleon is content in just positioning him and his family in France rather than spreading across Europe.)
House Romanov (and I mean the original house Romanov rather than the House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov)

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
I voted Tudor mainly because it had no votes and because it’s an interesting family.

For other I would like:
House Bruce of Scotland
House Bonaparte of France (in maybe an AH where Napoleon is content in just positioning him and his family in France rather than spreading across Europe.)
House Romanov (and I mean the original house Romanov rather than the House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov)
I have ideas for a surviving house of Bruce ;)

I'd save my dynasty. I guess you now to what royal house I belong? :)
But in what way would be most interesting? Surviving sons or brothers of Sigismund Augustus? Or should it be done earlier? Perhaps Jan Olbracht himself could sire children ;)

View attachment 708022

For other I would like:
House Bruce of Scotland
I’ve always been interested in a House Bruce survival too, partially because I’m of Scottish descent, and also because they’re just a very interesting house that could’ve greatly shaped the history of the Isles. It’s a shame they died out so soon

VVD0D95

Banned
I’ve always been interested in a House Bruce survival too, partially because I’m of Scottish descent, and also because they’re just a very interesting house that could’ve greatly shaped the history of the Isles. It’s a shame they died out so soon
I have ideas ;)

Speaking of, I’ve always wondered exactly why Jan Olbracht never married? Never got around to it, no good available brides, or did he just love the bachelor life?

He was about to marry Germaine de Foix, but he died while preparing for war against Teutonic Order.

Not normally a fan of monarchs, or monarchy as a system, but I would save the Shun Dynasty in China and the Brookes of Sarawak, more commonly known as the White Rajahs.
The Brooke's really were quite interesting. Ive only seen one tl on this site that deals with them and actually had to go hunting for Steven Runcimans book on the dynasty.

Im picking the Kamehameha, imagine one of the house members actually entering in the USA political arena, eventually reaching the presidency.