Oh, this is still ongoing, at least a bit? Nice. I find it an interesting look into an oft ignored corner of the world, through a medium seldom used.

I'm aware my updates aren't as frequent as I'd like them to be and aren't as long as many would prefer. IRL I'm quite busy and get little time to sit down, do research and overall be creative with timelines. Hence, it would be great if any here are interested in collaboration with this timeline as it increases in scale and complexity that you send me a pm. I'm in no way an expert on any of the topics I cover, I just have my moments. I'd love to continue this TL but then it would ultimately have to be a team effort. The foundations have been built and I'm excited to see where it will go. So please assist if you can.

If i should come with some brainstorming ideas,, here's some thing which can be used:

You describe a early expansion of Norse influence in "Russia", but the expansion is along the Volga instead of Dnieper as in OTL, beside a spread of Norse cultural and maybe linguistic influence (making the Volga Norse dominated instead of East Slavic dominated), this could also lead to contact with Persia across the Caspian Sea. This do have some interesting consequences of Norse contact with the Middle East going through Persia instead of Anatolia. This could result in Persian architecture being a major influence on Norse architecture, but it could also result in a early and direct introduction of paper and Hindu-Arabic numerals to the Norse world, paper would strengthen the Óðr faith significant as it would enable them to spread their religious writing, while Hindu-Arabic numerals would strengthen trade, the civil service and push mathematical development.

If i should come with some brainstorming ideas,, here's some thing which can be used:

You describe a early expansion of Norse influence in "Russia", but the expansion is along the Volga instead of Dnieper as in OTL, beside a spread of Norse cultural and maybe linguistic influence (making the Volga Norse dominated instead of East Slavic dominated), this could also lead to contact with Persia across the Caspian Sea. This do have some interesting consequences of Norse contact with the Middle East going through Persia instead of Anatolia. This could result in Persian architecture being a major influence on Norse architecture, but it could also result in a early and direct introduction of paper and Hindu-Arabic numerals to the Norse world, paper would strengthen the Óðr faith significant as it would enable them to spread their religious writing, while Hindu-Arabic numerals would strengthen trade, the civil service and push mathematical development.
I think you're probably discounting the fact that the route used in OTL is similar, but perhaps the contact would have different effects in ATL now as you describe. There's a lot of speculation I have to do about second-order-effects in this regard, as in, not just what outside areas can now bring to a more "enlightened" Baltic, but what an enlightened Baltic means for the neighbouring regions.

I think you're probably discounting the fact that the route used in OTL is similar, but perhaps the contact would have different effects in ATL now as you describe.

Major difference from OTL is that it's the major route without the Varangians being around along the Dnieper yet, another major difference would be the Norse interesting in importing writing material.

There's a lot of speculation I have to do about second-order-effects in this regard, as in, not just what outside areas can now bring to a more "enlightened" Baltic, but what an enlightened Baltic means for the neighbouring regions.

A major difference could be a more safe Baltic, that would fundamental transform the Baltic into a major mercantile region far earlier and push the development of cities. Increased economic activity will also mean increased sophistication in manufacturing, know how and infrastructure. The existing of literate class among the Norse with a less aggressive conversion doctrine could lead to many pagan states inviting them in to use as scribes.

I think a mjaor difference from Christianity, is that Norse avoid much of the baggage Christianity brought from the ancient Greek, the Norse would be more likely to simply adopt what they find useful, but not having the attitude that the Greek found out all there was to find out.

Of course another major potential effect is that the Baltic could reduce slave trade significant, in OTL slaves was a major European trading good with the Muslim world until the conversion of the Slavs. Here the Franks either have to wage wars on the Óðr to gaion slaves or make a earlier shift to other goods. While the Black Sea on the other increase in importance as a slave exporters, bringing greater riches to the East Romans. It will likely also create a greater push for slave raiding in the Western Mediterranean. The Norse also reintroduce slavery in Ireland, here Ireland will likely have greater surplus population with the effect that creates (I could see many emigrate to Frankia and end up being settled on the frontiers).