Sacred Fire of Liberty - the story of these United States

National Flag, 1795
9A7020A6-6F48-4EA2-86AD-99C62AE00132.png

This historic flag was flown at the end of President Washington’s term in office, and several authentic fragments and drawings from the era serve to remind us Americans of the way our flag once appeared. On the flag’s field are the familiar nineteen tri-colored Stripes representing the nineteen original colonies and the three virtues of valor, purity, and justice.

In the flag’s canton are twenty-three stars, each with six points, the design coming directly from then-General Washington’s desk. In addition to the original nineteen states, the stars on the 1795 flag represent the newly added states of Vermont, Transylvania, Franklin, and Iroquois.

Last edited:
64FF16FE-2A0A-4DD4-A402-F92D39E12375.png

Here’s a (very) WIP map for the United States in 1795, the same year as the flag posted above. If y’all have any questions, don’t hesitate to let me know!

I think personally that if Delaware’s gonna be so small it should be part of Pennsylvania or New Sweden. But hey,New Sweden!

The disputed Northern Pennsylvania should go to Pennsylvania and the other disputed thing maybe part of Maine? Who does *New Brunswick belong to?

@Kloka @TheBeanieBaron

I’m afraid that I already have all this stuff “canonized,” as it were - I don’t plan to change Delaware, nor do I intend to give the southern disputed area to Pennsylvania. I promise the question of both of the disputed areas will be resolved in later maps, but not as of 1795.

In 1795, *New Brunswick belongs to British North America

@Kloka @TheBeanieBaron

I’m afraid that I already have all this stuff “canonized,” as it were - I don’t plan to change Delaware, nor do I intend to give the southern disputed area to Pennsylvania. I promise the question of both of the disputed areas will be resolved in later maps, but not as of 1795.

In 1795, *New Brunswick belongs to British North America
We were just suggesting. There’s no pressure on you to do anything you don’t want to do. :)

539F5D45-8B57-4425-AC00-DC3EA1311594.png

Final map update before I post the finished version (hopefully on Friday), let me know if y’all have any questions!

Last edited: