Russian Empire

Let say that Russian Empire was able to do mass reform, saving the empire from chaos.

AiSVUvZ.png

I did not create any new country beside Russian Empire. How will the world be different? Any new countries formed or countries didn't fall?

Why does Russia have west coast usa, parts of sweden norway and turkey you need to have a lot of divergences and a long timeline to produce that map.

Yuelang

Banned
that was not Russian Empire! THAT IS CHIMERAN EMPIRE... wait, how could the Western Europe stand then? :p

They colonized it.

First the border are too OTL
Second the PoD, if they have colonized Alaska it's it's in the 19th century and this mean that will be a lot of change in the world.
Third, honestly don't you feel that's a little, just a little too much? Scandinavia, Turkey, North American East coast, half of China and Hokkaido? You only left out Alsace-Loraine and the Frisian Island.

They colonized it.
Okay, so sometime between the first recorded Russian expedition to Alaska (1732) and the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804)? Or are you implying they somehow managed to stretch their supply lines far enough to beat it out of the United States? :eek: And if it's in the later range of these dates, how did they beat British Columbia and the Yukon out of the British Empire? :confused:

And that's not even mentioning Baja California!

Does Obama still get reelected in 2012 in this timeline?:rolleyes:

Seriously, there are two concepts you need to familiarize yourself with. First: butterflies. Something as large as "Russian Empire reforms" is going to change a lot of things.

Second: countries don't just take over random swathes of land for no reason. If there is no plausible reason why Russia would take over an arbitrary part of China, Scandinavia and Western America, then it probably isn't happening. For starters, Russia never was in a great position to colonize West America, nor did they have much interest in doing so - they sold Alaska to the USA for that reason (that was before any gold rushes). Also, I have a feeling that colonizing Western America isn't really going to help reform your spacefilling empire, as it would just be a hardly sustainable commitment against two other empires, both of which are in a much better position to take them over.

First the border are too OTL
Second the PoD, if they have colonized Alaska it's it's in the 19th century and this mean that will be a lot of change in the world.
Third, honestly don't you feel that's a little, just a little too much? Scandinavia, Turkey, North American East coast, half of China and Hokkaido? You only left out Alsace-Loraine and the Frisian Island.

1. That why I am asking for help.

2. What kind of changes?

3. It seem fine to me.

Okay, so sometime between the first recorded Russian expedition to Alaska (1732) and the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804)? Or are you implying they somehow managed to stretch their supply lines far enough to beat it out of the United States? :eek: And if it's in the later range of these dates, how did they beat British Columbia and the Yukon out of the British Empire? :confused:

And that's not even mentioning Baja California!
They expand during the Russian Expedition to Alaska and Western Coast of America.

That why I am asking, because I need help with countries.

First get rid of Norway and Sweden russia, put them in an alliance or as puppet otherwise it's a little ridicolous, as annexing directely half of China and anything in North America that's not Alaska (getting what you gave them short of nuclear war it's ridicolous).

Second try to fix Poland, the place can be as OTL an autonomous kingdom in personal Union with Russia, try post WWI border.

Third, don't annex too much nation, it quickly become the A-H 2.0, better create some puppet/satellite/allies...i mean Romania and Bulgaria (basically give Romania the OTL post WWI border less Bessarabia and Bulgaria the Post 1st Balkan War plus Macedonia).

Play with A-H and Germany border, basically read what the Entente objective in WWI and use it. France with Saarland, Italy and Serbia get waht the Treaty of London stated. On the other side due to use it as a buffer agaisnt Russia allow Anshluss. Don't create Yugoslavia but Serbia and a separate Croatia

3. It seem fine to me.

Only if they are the Draka on drugs, this kind of border mean that they have/had conflict with every and i mean every nation on the world and they have always not only win but cumberstomped their adversary...and while this can pleas anyone who want a uber-russiawank it's not realistic.

Regarding the Russian expedition, they basically poach on Spanish and British territory and later the americans...plus there is something called overextension.

Edit: plus you have forgotten to give us the most important information...whenthis reform happen so to try to elaborate the consequence as it's a little different if it happen before the Napoleonic Wars or post 1848 (just to make a couple of example.)

Edit 2: just to make an example, a Russian Empire that get to reform in the late 19th century mean a very different Russo-Japanese war and a WWI (killing a lot of butterfly and we say that things go as OTL) where the Germans are not so succesfull on the east, the war itself it's shorter and with no American involvement.

Last edited:
If Russia invades India or Afghanistan there will be war with the British. They would not be able to win that war, particularly since such a large Russian Empire would alarm all of the other European powers.

How would Russia colonize the Western US, Canada, and the Baja Peninsula? IOTL Alaska was a tiny colony that was essentially uninhabited. You would need a Russian government that was more colonial minded. Also the British and Americans are not going to like this. There will probably be wars, which once again the British and Americans would win.

And saying "there were massive reforms" doesn't cut it. What reforms? When? Why? etc. And why does Russia all of the sudden turn into a blobbing nation?

Ok so when is the PoD, I would assume some time in the early 1700s due to the lands size

Ok so baja califonia was already settled by spainiards so unless Russians have super speed, they aren't going to get much further south than Portland at best and vancouver plausibly.

Ok so get rid of the ridiculous annexations of Romania and have the Chinese possessions become a puppet state, get rid of the Indian and Pakistani annexations, get rid of Poland by annexation to Germany, the pods wold likely kill the Usa so get rid of them

Ok so if this is modern have the American possessions become dominions a la canada

In this scenario you could see a Cold War between the British empire and the Russian empire after a destruction of Germany.

Get rid of annexations in Scandinavia except Finland.

And this is without getting into what exactly these reforms are......

Manchuria would be a priority for Russia as it is their first and probably only door to an open ocean, there wouldn´t not be heavy ethnic problem as other part of China because there weren´t many Chinese before 1880 if I`m not wrong. Korea would probably stay with OTL border but as a vassal of Russia.
Persia probably would probably settled with Britan as OTL 1907(I´m not saying same border or same treaty just a similar version) rather than outright annexation.
Russia expansion in Anatolia would be in land with significant christian community so probably direct expansion in Armenia, puppet Greece in west coast and Assyria maybe?
Romania could stay as a puppet to have less minorities(maybe give them Bessarabia to reinforce their relations?)
Russia would definitely have Ruthenia in this TL so Galicia would be the definitely border in the in this area but puppet states in Czechia and Slovakia are likely too.
The border between in Prussia and Russia is really hard to settle, even if you go far there is still open plain and hostile minorities(polish and german) so I really don´t know where Russia would like to have a border.
Mongolia is hard to control so I don´t know if it makes sense for Russia to have direct administration rather than vassalage. The land also is not available for Russian settlers.
Kashgaria is the same situation as Mongolia but having a puppet here would help the other Turkic people in main Russia to create revolts so is better direct control here.
Afghanistan is likely to stay as OTL, even if Britain has no way to invade Russia from central Asia I think that having a buffer state is better for both, mainly for Russia that need British bless to mantain his new trade route in the east. So no Kashmir.
Scandinavia would probably stay as OTL, Finland could be integrated but I don´t think it is a necessity for Russia. Russia would definitely want to take more northern islands possible.
I don´t know how Alaska could be mantained in the long term, if Russia for some reason owns the land when the gold is discovered I guess that they would never sell the land in the hope to find more gold, but I don´t know if the British would accept that. I think that is ASB to have Russian West coast, Russia has no way to attract and settle people here without good ports and good logistics in Siberia and Kamchatka.

I can´t help you explain how Russia could reform, for starters an earlier abolishment of serfdom.

Last edited: